Songs that should have been singles/had music videos

Jean

It would be amazing if Going To Pasalacqua and Christie Road had videos. Also Whatsername. I love that song! I'm certain there are more, but this is what I came up off the top of my head at the moment. Maybe I'll list some others later at some point.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letterbomb, Extraordinary Girl, Give Me Novacaine, Going To Pasalacqua and Christie Road :)

Horseshoes and Handgrenades. When I first heard it, I envisaged a music video depicting a bar fight. I was disappointed that it wasn't even released as a single.

The grouch, take back, king for a day, blood sex and booze, castaway, church on Sunday, are we the waiting and St Jimmy, give me novacaine, letterbomb, homecoming, whatesername, peacemaker, viva la Gloria (little girl), Rest....

In short, all the songs that do not have music videos, I want to see...

The grouch, take back, king for a day, blood sex and booze, castaway, church on Sunday, are we the waiting and St Jimmy, give me novacaine, letterbomb, homecoming, whatesername, peacemaker, viva la Gloria (little girl), Rest....

In short, all the songs that do not have music videos, I want to see...

That too. The sound of the dominatrix going 'head down, head down' and the whip at the beginning really could have been turned into something more :creep:

That too. The sound of the dominatrix going 'head down, head down' and the whip at the beginning really could have been turned into something more :creep:

hahaha... I forgot to say Misery, I always imagine them dancing Greek dancing and they are very drunk :lol:

hahaha... I forgot to say Misery, I always imagine them dancing Greek dancing and they are very drunk :lol:

:lol: and break plates.

Stay the night / Rusty James from UNO! Wow! That's loud! / Lazy Bones / Wild one from DOS! and Brutal Love / X - KID / DRB from TRE! :wub:

Stay the night / Rusty James from UNO! Wow! That's loud! / Lazy Bones / Wild one from DOS! and Brutal Love / X - KID / DRB from TRE! :wub:

But what about the old songs?

Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod. are just fine. I would have loved if Misery, off Warning, had a concept video, 1930 mob themed with some unsolved crimes.

They should've released a video for Rotting or Ha Ha You're Dead from Shenanigans.

American Idiot videos are fine, but I would've switched Wake Me Up with Letterbomb as a single (even if it would've probably been less successful, since Wake Me Up is easier to listen to casual fans and non-fans alike).

21st Century Breakdown is my least favorite album so I don't pay that much attention to it. Still, I would've chosen East Jesus Nowhere as a first single, followed by Peacemaker, Restless Heart Syndrome (the obligatory "ballad") and Viva La Gloria!. Know Your Enemy is a bit cheesy.

Regarding the trilogy the singles and the videos I would have loved/love to have proper videos are - Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go (the live video is okay, I'd leave it that way on a second thought) and Rusty James from UNO! ; Off DOS!, Ashley would make a great single much like Let Yourself Go (with a huge party and lots of drunk teenagers) and Stop When The Red Lights Flash or Lazy Bones ; TRE!'s singles/videos should be consisting of X-Kid (that's already confirmed), Walk Away and 99 Revolutions, as these portray the album's more serious theme best

But what about the old songs?

Oh, sorry ! I pressed POST too early :shy:

Anyway - from pre-Dookie days: The judges daughter / 1000 hours / Why do you want him?

from Dookie: She / Having a blast / FOD

from Insomniac: Panic Song

from Nimrod: Scattered / Platypus / Worry rock

from Warning: Church on Subday

From AI: Are we the waiting / Letterbomb / HOMECOMING!!!

From 21stCB: Viva la Gloria / The Static Age / Peacemaker / Before the Lobotomy

And the Trilogy Era as in my previous post :D

Oh, sorry ! I pressed POST too early :shy:

Anyway - from pre-Dookie days: The judges daughter / 1000 hours / Why do you want him?

from Dookie: She / Having a blast / FOD

from Insomniac: Panic Song

from Nimrod: Scattered / Platypus / Worry rock

from Warning: Church on Subday

From AI: Are we the waiting / Letterbomb / HOMECOMING!!!

From 21stCB: Viva la Gloria / The Static Age / Peacemaker / Before the Lobotomy

And the Trilogy Era as in my previous post :D

I always was curious to see Homecoming video...

I don't believe that it's too late for ¡Dos! to have more singles, as the band needs all the promotion they can get. Stray Heart needs to be put up on iTunes and Amazon MP3 again, and possibly add two more singles. My choices are Amy and Lazy Bones. For ¡Tre!'s singles, along with X-Kid, should be Missing You and Walk Away.

predookie: who wrote holed caulfield and christie road and no one knows

Dookie: burnout

Insomniac: westbound sign

Nimrod: worry rock

Warning: hold on

American idiot: whatsername/ letterbomb/ homecomng

21stCB: restless heart syndrome/ murder city

unoi: fell for you / rusty james

dos: lLAZY BONES

tre: brutal Love, Missing You and Walk Away

I believe Dookie had the right singles, aswell as Insomniac.

In Nimrod I would've added Worry Rock or Prosthetic Head as singles.

In Warning, Church On Sunday or Blood, Sex and Booze would've been cool singles.

In American Idiot, I believe they made the right choice, but Novacaine, Letterbomb and Whatsername deserved something else I guess.

In 21CB, Know Your Enemy may be the weakest song. Viva La Gloria or Before The Lobotomy could've been awesome singles.

In Uno, instead of Oh Love I would've made Nuclear Family the first single.

In Dos, Lazy Bones.

And now, after X-Kid we'll see xD

Dookie: Pulling Teeth

Insomniac: 86 / Armatage Shanks

Nimrod: Scattered / Uptight / Worry Rock / The Grouch

Warning: Deadbeat Holiday / Blood, Sex and Booze / Castaway

American Idiot: Give Me Novacaine / St.Jimmy / Letterbomb

21st Century Breakdown: Peacemaker / ¡Viva la Gloria! / ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl) / Last Night on Earth

Uno: Stay The Night / Rusty James

Dos: Lazy Bones / Wild One

Tre: Missing You / Brutal Love
:)

Archived