Green Day songs you would like to hear live again (or for the first time)

Speechless & Redundant

Didn't Billie once say he'd kick out anyone suggesting they'd play Christie Road? :P

OMG :lol:

Could you direct me to a video of that or something?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't forgot the first time I heard Jesus of Suburbia.

I was sick in my house and I've noticed there's a Green Day concert on TV. At that time I only new Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Holiday.

So I watched it and it was Bullet in a Bible. I replayed Jesus of Suburbia for another 4 times.

Then my mom looked at me and thought I was lying and that I wasn't really sick because of how happy I was!!!

Tremendous feeling.

I really want to hear them play I Was There or Road to Acceptance. Those are two of my favorite songs by them. They did play it live in Costa Rica a few years ago, but the video quality that I found was not so great.

I'm so excited to hear Dirty Rotten Bastards live, I really hope they include it in this tour! But yeah, I'm mostly excited to hear the new songs (and specially non-singles)!

If and when I see them again I'd love to hear Going to Pasalaqua, the feeling you get when you're one of the few people out 10,000 that know the words <3 also I really like JOS live as well as Minority.

Other songs that are just a dream would be Stuart and the ave, Maria, Deadbeat Holiday and One for the Razorbacks.

I swear Going to Pasalaqua is the track from 1039 your still most likely to hear them play live these days and most proper fans would know the lyrics to..

I swear Going to Pasalaqua is the track from 1039 your still most likely to hear them play live these days and most proper fans would know the lyrics to..

Well when I went to see them in 2009 that was the rarest song they played during my concert in Glasgow. Yes they play it a lot now but back then it was awesome to hear.

i'd kill for: worry rock, misery, the forgotten with Billie Joe on the piano, and no one knows

Viva La Gloria(Little Girl)
Peacemaker
X-Kid
Brutal Love
Dirty Rotten Bastards
Misery
Dry Ice
Rotting
Worry Rock
Missing You
The Forgotten
Pulling Teeth
After that I may die quietly and happily :D

Dirty Rotten Bastards, Homecoming, Brutal Love, Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Stuck with Me, The Grouch, Nice Guys Finish Last, Misery, Castaway, Blood, Sex & Booze( :lol: ), Jackass, Scattered and Worry Rock cause I've forgot how much I loved that song :wub:

I think Rest would sound good with the full band, in the few old videos of it Billie just plays it solo on most of them and not the whole song either..

Songs I wanna hear for the first time: Having a Blast and Stuart and the Ave, Platypus (Although Billie can't remember the words anymore)

Songs I've heard live and I wanna hear again: Paper Lanterns, Only of You, No Pride, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, Coming Clean, J.A.R., Burnout, Novocaine, Letterbomb

I would love to hear a version of "Disappearing Boy" live (I know there's one from three or four of years ago when they performed for the New Years Eve thing in LA) and I would also love to hear a live version of "Waiting" (Because it's one of my favourite Green Day songs ever) and a couple of older songs from different albums.

There is not enough love for The Grouch in this thread, it's pretty much green days best non single song. I would love to hear it live, Ive been shouting for it the last 2 times Ive seen them live, on top of the grouch it would also be amaing to see them play

Rest
The Judges Daughter
One of My Lies

Coming Clean
Babs Uvula Who?
Scattered
Church on sunday
Whatsername
Horseshoes & Handgrenades
Rusty James

Lazy Bones
X-kid

I need to see Jesus of Surburbia, Homecoming and She live for sure before I die!

American Eulogy

Why do you want him?

The Grouch

Haha you're dead

King for a day

JAR

Going to Pasalacqua

A lot from Warning and the trilogy too :D

Rest
The Judge's Daughter

409 In Your Coffeemaker

Best Thing In Town

Chump

Brat

Tight Wad Hill

Walking Contradiction

The Grouch

Reject

Castaway

Sick Of Me

Do Da Da

Ha Ha You're Dead!

She's A Rebell

Homecoming

Peacemaker

Last Of The American Girls

Horseshoes And Handgrenades

Hearts Collide

Angel Blue

Baby Eyes

Wow! That's Loud

Missing You

Dirty Rotten Bastards

imo the song that should'nt make the set anymore is King For a Day/Shout.. 10 minutes of them goofing around instead of playing some old songs

not that King For a Day is a bad song... but i'm fed up of seeing them playing it live the same way for over a decade...

The Judge's Daughter was pretty awesome to hear live, I wouldn't mind hearing it again. I'm interested to hear what Kill the DJ sounds like in a concert setting. Some songs I've always wanted to hear live are Viva La Gloria! and Homecoming.

I fell in love with this band during a performance of Before The Lobotomy, then they removed it from their setlist. I really hope they bring it back this time around

I would LOVE to hear Novacaine and When I Come Around live again. 21stCB was amazing too, it was the perfect way to start the show. I wish I could hear Homecoming (favorite song ever), Christie Road and most of the trilogy.

I get chills listening to East Jesus Nowhere on AAF, it may just be a nostalgia thing but i'd really love to hear it live again.

Beaten to it, but yea- Sassafras Roots would be titties. And Waitinf. That was always a live favorite for me.

Archived