Billie Joe's Handwritten Trilogy Lyric Sheets (w/ alt. lyrics/titles, a few new songs)

Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mYTmNrBHUhE

0:07 - 0:19

Billie: "I'd like to give people an understanding of what's happening."

Rob: "Okay, there's three albums...and people are first gonna say 'Well, is it an opera? Is it tied together? Is it not? Or what is it? Is it a concept?'"

Billie: "I think there's a story in this whole thing."

/discussion

There's a story or theme, but it's very loose and you have to use your imagination a bit to follow. When the trilogy first came out, here was my idea of that story:

Guy starts out ready to take on the world. And then he gets distracted by an old flame and wonders about how much time left he has. He shakes it off, and tries shaking off all the other distractions around him. Again, he falls for a girl, and vents a lot of his anger. Things don’t go well for them, but he thinks fondly of her still. And then he goes out for a drink….or a million.

He wanders around debating whether to see her again. And then he goes crazy with another girl, only stopping when the red lights flash. And he’s so tore up, he can’t imagine living any longer. He’s been a bender, one for the ages. He sticks around with this girl, at the party from hell. He thinks about his old flames again, and then hooks up with an even wilder girl named Lady Cobra. He gets trashed beyond believe, his head spins and he dreams of yet another woman but nothing satisfies him. And then….his head pounds and the girls disappear..

….He is near-dead. He misses his lovers, and wishes that he had something to fill his void. He’s at a midlife crisis, and it’s killing him. He flips on the Telly and sees a drunken celebrity whore and she reminds him and himself and what he’s become. He’s recovering but slowly. As he sobers up, his heart breaks though it’s already broken.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived