Billie Joe's Handwritten Trilogy Lyric Sheets (w/ alt. lyrics/titles, a few new songs)

Jack

'She kills me with kindness, she's kissing me mindless now.'

That line is amazing.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O-M-G some songs have lost really good lines :o Like Wild One ( :wub: ) and Sex, Drugs & Violence with verses that kept the "like a mistery girl" that I love so much!!! :( That's not so fair Green Day, why not make the songs longer if you have lots of lyrics? :whistle

And "Gabriella" is a mix between that and the original Amanda. I guess they just decided to keep the original name.

So all these screenshots will be on QUATRO? -Cool... :eyebrows:

It's stuff like this that flaws people's ideas of a concrete story between or theme between the albums, or even that the songs are 100 percent based on something specific. If that were the case how would he be able to switch lyrics between songs like that? I feel like people definitely try to see what isn't there with music sometimes.

Wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this! It's so interesting to see part of the process of how the songs were written! :wub:

so the bridge of amanda is actually meant to be a verse of gabriella???

Seems that way. It's kind of interesting, did the song get scrapped to use that section in Amanda, or did they use that section in Amanda because they had scrapped the song anyway?

It's stuff like this that flaws people's ideas of a concrete story between or theme between the albums, or even that the songs are 100 percent based on something specific. If that were the case how would he be able to switch lyrics between songs like that? I feel like people definitely try to see what isn't there with music sometimes.

I really do agree with you. I think songwriting, for the majority of songwriters, is just a random composition of lines that comes to mind. It is then subsequently supervised and altered by the brain's desire for it to make some sense, so it often do, but your interpretation of a song is most likely as valid as the writer's own.

Would love to hear State of Shock. Anything that opens with a note reading "No Bullshit" has to be a gem.

Yes but in this case both songs could have been about the same things or even just that line. It does seem that rap and hip hop artists do that. But Billie Joe always uses lyrics that mean some thing. When I right songs I do find myself writing about reocurring topics because they are either very meaningful of very hurtful and I can't just get it out in one song.

I really do agree with you. I think songwriting, for the majority of songwriters, is just a random composition of lines that comes to mind. It is then subsequently supervised and altered by the brain's desire for it to make some sense, so it often do, but your interpretation of a song is most likely as valid as the writer's own.

This is really depends. I agree with you, Kurt Cobain once said that he loved coming up with random lyrics and then watching people give deep meanings to them and what-not, but some artists do intend to write some heavy metaphorical stuff in their songs, like many authors do in their books. It just depends on what the song needs, what the writer wants, their state of mind, or if they're just hunting syllables, rhyme schemes, etc. (I've done this myself several times).

On another subject, I can see why Billie scrapped some of these lyrics. I'm not a huge fan of the "Dirty Rotten Bastards" line, although with some work it could have been something great.

This is really depends. I agree with you, Kurt Cobain once said that he loved coming up with random lyrics and then watching people give deep meanings to them and what-not, but some artists do intend to write some heavy metaphorical stuff in their songs, like many authors do in their books. It just depends on what the song needs, what the writer wants, their state of mind, or if they're just hunting syllables, rhyme schemes, etc. (I've done this myself several times).

On another subject, I can see why Billie scrapped some of these lyrics. I'm not a huge fan of the "Dirty Rotten Bastards" line, although with some work it could have been something great.

Or Kurt Cobain is just the only honest of the bunch. I'm not saying nobody out there write songs where every line is carefully thought out in context to the big picture of the song or writes with a certain topic in mind to begin with, what I'm saying is that I think most of the great songwriters write from a subconcious place, and many of the great poetic masterpieces happened by accident. If I wrote something with the potential of appealing to alot of people, what would sound best? "It's just random lines I came up with, and there is no deeper meaning behind it" or "It just came to me in a moment of pure inspiration". It's basically just two different versions of the same story, but the first one is the one Cobain used, and the latter is the ever most common thing to hear songwriters say about their creative process.

"Fell For Snoo - fag"

Now that's interesting...

Everytime I listen to "Fell for You" now, I hear this in my head. ;)

Thanks for sharing all these screenshots!! It's really interesting to see all these alternate lyrics and scrapped lines and unheard songs. Now I wish we could hear the songs with these missing lines, and hear those unreleased songs! I like the alternate lyrics for Wild One and definitely Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Also, Billie's spelling is hilarious. He's so inconsistent! I'm not sure he knows what the difference is between "your" and "you're" or "to" and "too" - half the time he gets them wrong, but he also writes them correctly half of the time. Even within two lines he'll spell the some word two different ways. It makes me cringe a bit, but it's funny! :lol:

Thanks for sharing all these screenshots!! It's really interesting to see all these alternate lyrics and scrapped lines and unheard songs. Now I wish we could hear the songs with these missing lines, and hear those unreleased songs! I like the alternate lyrics for Wild One and definitely Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Also, Billie's spelling is hilarious. He's so inconsistent! I'm not sure he knows what the difference is between "your" and "you're" or "to" and "too" - half the time he gets them wrong, but he also writes them correctly half of the time. Even within two lines he'll spell the some word two different ways. It makes me cringe a bit, but it's funny! :lol:

He has a bit of bother with 'it's' and 'its' too, I find that comforting because I struggle with them too :lol:

What the hell is up with Dirty Rotten Bastards? "Send me your crippled sucking on a nipple, the teet of the modern age" What was Billie thinking?

What the hell is up with Dirty Rotten Bastards? "Send me your crippled sucking on a nipple, the teet of the modern age" What was Billie thinking?

He was inspired :lol:

No, really :mellow: I couldn't read that before but luckily he took that line out :P

Lol. Teet of the modern age. Billie and all his wacky metaphors.

Archived