Green Day Discography Facts

Iminyourcoffeemaker

Just some cool facts about their studio albums I have collected. If you have any to add, or have corrections, please feel free to say!

Albums that start with:

Guitar: 6

Drums: 8

Vocals: 1

Longest Album: 21st Century Breakdown (1 Hour, 6 minutes)

Shortest Album: Insomniac (33 Minutes)

Album with most tracks: 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (19)

Album with least tracks: Warning, Uno, Tre (12)

Longest span between albums: American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown (5 years)

Shortest span between albums: 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk (6 months) [i'm disqualifying the trilogy for this one. Hahaha.]

Longest song: Homecoming (9:19)

Shortest song: Take Back (1:09) [Could also be Song of the Century (0:58) or See You Tonight (1:08)].

Entire Discography (Just studio albums+Shenanigans+3 bonus songs on Intl Superhits)

-178 Songs

-9 Hours, 16 Minutes

-Top 3 words used in song title (You, Me, Want at 5)

Facts:

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk guitars are believed to have been tuned by ear. They sit around a half step down from standard tuning.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, that's interesting. Strange how Insomniac is exactly half the length of 21CB and I never would of thought to count which albums start with what instrument. :)

Although isn't there three bonus songs on International Superhits (Maria, JAR, Poprocks & Coke)?

I think you've got it backwards. The gap between Warning and American Idiot was 4 years, the gap between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown was 5 years.

Warning (2000)

American Idiot (2004)

21st Century Breakdown (2009)

I think you've got it backwards. The gap between Warning and American Idiot was 4 years, the gap between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown was 5 years.

Warning (2000)

American Idiot (2004)

21st Century Breakdown (2009)

I have American Idiot listed as 2005 in my iTunes. Thats why. Ill fix that.

I have American Idiot listed as 2005 in my iTunes. Thats why. Ill fix that.

Nice idea for a post though, interesting read.

I like this thread. It would be cool if someone found a reliable source for their total sales as well. Just so we could have a common place of reference for these things. :)

Green Day tuned their guitars by ear while recording Kerplunk, so the guitars are tuned in standard tuning just below Eb

Was this the case with their previous records as well? I've noticed that some of the songs from 1039/smoothed out slappy hour is a bit "off". :P

Rob Cavallo was the main producer on all albums but two major label albums. He was executive producer to Green Day on Warning and was replaced by Butch Vig of Garbage on 21st Century Breakdown.

Well, I spread the word again: 1039/sosh is not an album, is a compilation. You should take 21stCB as their album with most tracks. And take the b-sides too.

For The Ballad of Wilhem Fink, I know that is credited as Green Day in the album, but only BJ write/perform the song.

Green Day, until 93, used to play in D tunning. They also record 1000 Hours and Slappy Ep with that tunning. Kerplunk is tuned by ear, and is something between Eb and D. Dookie and Insomniac are in Eb, Nimrod and the trilogy in E, Warning and 21stCB uses E and Eb. American Idiot songs are all in E, except Whatsername that is in Drop-D

Just some cool facts about their studio albums I have collected. If you have any to add, or have corrections, please feel free to say!

Albums that start with:

Guitar: 6

Drums: 8

Vocals: 1

Longest Album: 21st Century Breakdown (1 Hour, 6 minutes)

Shortest Album: Insomniac (33 Minutes)

Album with most tracks: 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (19)

Album with least tracks: Warning, Uno, Tre (12)

Longest span between albums: American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown (5 years)

Shortest span between albums: 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk (6 months) [i'm disqualifying the trilogy for this one. Hahaha.]

Longest song: Homecoming (9:19)

Shortest song: Take Back (1:09) [Could also be Song of the Century (0:58) or See You Tonight (1:08)].

Entire Discography (Just studio albums+Shenanigans+3 bonus songs on Intl Superhits)

-178 Songs

-9 Hours, 16 Minutes

-Top 3 words used in song title (You, Me, Want at 5)

Facts:

1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk guitars are believed to have been tuned by ear. They sit around a half step down from standard tuning.

When you count the number of the songs of Shenanigans, did you take off the covers like Outsider or I Don't Wanna Fall in Love ?

Another fact you can add is that Insomniac was going to be called 'Jesus Christ Supermarket'. Plus, American Idiot doesn't have a 5 year span if you consider Shenanigans and International Superhits.

Another fact you can add is that Insomniac was going to be called 'Jesus Christ Supermarket'. Plus, American Idiot doesn't have a 5 year span if you consider Shenanigans and International Superhits.

It was about the "real" studio albums I think. So, he's right.

but both weren't new material but a compilation of stuff that was already released.

Archived