How do you rate the trilogy in Green Day's catalog of albums?

Remy

Alrighty.

1. Nimrod

2. American Idiot

3. Insomniac

4. 21CB

5. Kerplunk+1,039/SOSH

6. Dookie

7. Uno

8. Tré

9. Dos

10. Warning (I don't like it, mmkay?)

They claimed that the trilogy's gonna be more back to the roots, but I kinda don't feel that at all which disappoints me a little. Sure, the lyrics are more personal but that's where the similarities stop. Uno Dos and Tre got a unique sound on their own and it's alright, but I hope they're going for something darker next time.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People on this forum really fail at detecting sacasim. And c;early cant have a bit of laugh. Dont take everything so seriously dudes

People on this forum really fail at detecting sacasim. And c;early cant have a bit of laugh. Dont take everything so seriously dudes

I know, right? I mean, I just joined a couple of days ago and don't know any of the members, and it's all in text, how could I not detect sarcasm? Silly me.

Obviously the things posted in this thread were pretty funny sarcasm, but sometimes the sarcasm on this forum is kind of mean and unnecessary, and sometimes can be likened to the evil four letter word that is a can of jellymeat.

ANYWHOOO I think I'd probably have to rate the trilogy a little low on my list of best GD albums, but I think it has some of their best songs they've ever written. I just think the concept of a trilogy of albums didn't work for them; they weren't ready to make their own Sandinista! or anything. However, I also don't think it would have worked as a single album, but rather it would have been a much stronger double album.

1) American Idiot

2) ¡Tré!

3) Nimrod

4) 21CB

5) ¡Dos!

6) Warning

7) Insomniac

8) Dookie

9) ¡Uno!

I found ¡Uno! was consistent but just not that amazing. I still love it but it's my least favorite.

¡Dos! has two songs I don't like on but the other 11 were amazing although some of the lyrics were a bit weak in my opinion.

¡Tré! was absolutely amazing, really consistent and is without a doubt one of my favorite Green Day albums already.

Loved the Trilogy as a whole and a great addition to the other albums if you ask me. :)

1.Insomaniac

2.Dos

3.American Idiot

4.Tre

5.Uno

6.Nimrod

7.Dookie

8.21st Century Breakdown

9.Kerplunk

10.smothd hours blabla (I can't write the name)

11.International Superhits

12.Shennigans

13.Warning

Fuck Warning.

Nah just kidding..but I really don't like it.

Obviously the things posted in this thread were pretty funny sarcasm, but sometimes the sarcasm on this forum is kind of mean and unnecessary, and sometimes can be likened to the evil four letter word that is a can of jellymeat.

ANYWHOOO I think I'd probably have to rate the trilogy a little low on my list of best GD albums, but I think it has some of their best songs they've ever written. I just think the concept of a trilogy of albums didn't work for them; they weren't ready to make their own Sandinista! or anything. However, I also don't think it would have worked as a single album, but rather it would have been a much stronger double album.

I was happy they went back to the fun songs again. I don't mind the serious topics of American Idiot and 21CB, but Dookie is what got me into Green Day so it's fun to hear some of those simpler topics again. That said, though, I don't think anything can compare to the feeling I get when listening to Dookie or Insomniac.

I wonder if Warning is anyone's favorite record! lol

It's close. Behind Dookie and AI, and possibly on par with Insomniac. Why is that so amusing? It's a good record.

I think Tré has some of the greatest songs Billie Joe has ever written (Brutal Love, DRB), so on my list it's definitely in Top 3, right after American Idiot. I've been thinking do I enjoy more American Idiot or Tré, but you just have to love that masterpiece so much that it's hard to top, even Tré is one of their best albums in my opinion.

I enjoy and like also Uno pretty much, but it's not one of my favorite albums from the band. Let's say it's average. Still it works great as an album and has many good songs on it, but songs like Loss Of Control and Angel Blue have grew OUT from me. First I liked them, but not as much anymore. For me, it tops 21st CBD for sure, but not Warning or Insomniac.

And then there's Dos. When I first heard it I thought immediately that it's greatest Green Day record to the date, but after listening it couple of times I didn't enjoy it so much anymore. It carries its "theme" great, because almost all of the songs has the same garage vibe on them, but that garage style is not my cup of tea. It's sure is one big fan favorite album, but really not of mine. It's not a bad album, but I like Green Day's pop-punk-ish sound way more. It's hard to rate as Green Day album, because its sound is so unique and different from the others.

So, for me every piece of the trilogy rates pretty differently on my 'Top Green Day albums' list.

I think Tré has few of the greatest songs Billie Joe has ever written (Brutal Love, DRB), so on my list it's definitely in Top 3, right after American Idiot. I've been thinking do I enjoy more American Idiot or Tré, but you just have to love that masterpiece so much that it's hard to top, even Tré is one of their best albums in my opinion.

I enjoy and like also Uno pretty much, but it's not one of my favorite albums from the band. Let's say it's average. Still it works great as an album and has many good songs on it, but songs like Loss Of Control and Angel Blue have grew OUT from me. First I liked them, but not as much anymore. For me, it tops 21st CBD for sure, but not Warning or Insomniac.

And then there's Dos. When I first heard it I thought immediately that it's greatest Green Day record to the date, but after listening it couple of times I didn't enjoy it so much anymore. It carries its "theme" great, because almost all of the songs has the same garage vibe on them, but that garage style is not my cup of tea. It's sure is one big fan favorite album, but really not of mine. It's not a bad album, but I like Green Day's pop-punk-ish sound way more. It's hard to rate as Green Day album, because its sound is so unique and different from the others.

So, for me every piece of the trilogy rates pretty differently on my 'Top Green Day albums' list.

Good post, though I don't agree with every single point I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. I'm just glad all the albums can stand alone.

Good post, though I don't agree with every single point I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. I'm just glad all the albums can stand alone.

Thanks! And on the other hand, if you count them as a concept, like as an one album, I think the whole trilogy is greatest thing of Green Day history right after American Idiot. At least for me. It's funny because when you rate them separately, they are so different from each other, but as a whole thing, it's another story. That's one thing why the whole trilogy is one great piece of Green Day catalogue.

Thought it could have been a lot better if they used a heavier and more varied guitar sound and if Billie's vocals were a bit less over produced. And if some of the lyrics wern't as cringeworthy and explicit (Fuck Time, Kill The DJ, Nightlife, Sex, Drugs & Violence and The Forgotten).

1: Nimrod

2: Warning

3: American Idiot

4: Dookie

5: Insomniac

6: ¡Trè!

7: Kerplunk

8: 21st Century Breakdown

9: ¡Dos!

10: ¡Uno!

11: 39/Smooth

That's a rough list. Loved some aspects of the trilogy were great, others were not, kind of like 21CB.

Thanks! And on the other hand, if you count them as a concept, like as an one album, I think the whole trilogy is greatest thing of Green Day history right after American Idiot. At least for me. It's funny because when you rate them separately, they are so different from each other, but as a whole thing, it's another story. That's one thing why the whole trilogy is one great piece of Green Day catalogue.

Yeah, I think that's the great thing about them. They are good as stand-alone albums, but if you see them as one project, it becomes incredible. I'm so glad Green Day decided to do this for the fans. Sure, music critics can say "It's too much, too much filler", but ultimately it's the fans that matter, and we want all the material, and it's for us Green Day decided to do this.

I think Warning is a masterpiece! Church on Sunday's probably the worst song on it and that's great! Anyone else? No? Uh..okay...

Uno is great, Dos only have 2 good songs and I'm Listening to tre right now and Liking it so far. Still disappointed that the studio version of cigarettes and valentines is not on the trilogy.

American Idiot is still my favorite album and Redundant is like the best song ever.

I consider the trilogy as a whole. ¡Uno! & ¡Tré! are very solid and consistent albums in my opinion, not ¡Dos!. But my favorite tracks of the trilogy are from this album (Stray Heart, Wow! That's Loud, Makeout Party, Ashley) but also the track I like the least in Green Day's career (Lazy Bones).

As a whole, the trilogy is my favourite thing since Nimrod. I'm glad they put things they didn't do since a long time (guitar solos, Mike Dirnt' bass lines)

I think it's too soon to make a ranking but I will do it.

1) Insomniac

2) Dookie

3) Kerplunk!

4) Nimrod

5) ¡Uno, Dos, Tré!

6) 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

7) Warning

8) American Idiot

9) 21st Century Breakdown

How it is currently, probably will change later

1 AI

2 KERPLUNK

3 TRILOGY

4 NIMROD

5 WARNING

6 INSOMNIAC

7 DOOKIE

8 21st

9 39/SMOOTH

Trilogy and Nimrod might just flip flop though.

I wouldn't like yet another bloody opera filled with references to books I haven't read and characters with names on a continuous downward spiral.

That's one of the things I loved about the Rock Operas. Pretentious and awesome, just like The Who!

1) 21CB

2) American Idiot

3) Dookie

4) Tre

5) Nimrod

6) Uno

7) Dos

8) Insomiac

9) Warning

10) Kerplunk

11) 39

That's one of the things I loved about the Rock Operas. Pretentious and awesome, just like The Who!
It is awesome, AI is the best thing ever to be spawned by humans after condoms, but 2 in a row was to much to me, and with the musical I think a third one would be overkill galóre.

1. Nimrod

2. American Idiot

3. Warning

4. Insomniac

5. Dookie

6. Dos

7. Kerplunk

8. 21st Century Breakdown

9. Tre

10. 39/ Smooth

11. Uno

One thing I've always loved about GD is that I've never have a set of favorite album right now Warning is #1

I love the trilogy it'd go Tre Uno Dos for me

Warning

American Idiot

21st Century Breakdown

¡Trè!

Insomniac

Nimrod

Dookie

¡Uno!

Kerplunk

¡Dos!

1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

Guest DisapppearingBoy
1. Nimrod

2. American Idiot

3. Warning

4. Insomniac

5. Dookie

6. Dos

7. Kerplunk

8. 21st Century Breakdown

9. Tre

10. 39/ Smooth

11. Uno

Out of topic. I just saw someone tweeted about 'neutral milk hotel'. What is this band? Gets me interested.

Archived