How do you rate the trilogy in Green Day's catalog of albums?

Remy

Out of topic. I just saw someone tweeted about 'neutral milk hotel'. What is this band? Gets me interested.

THEY'RE SO GOOD, GOOGLE "IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA" AND READ ABOUT THE ALBUM AND LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS AND YOU WILL BE FOREVER CHANGED.

Anyway, Green Day and stuff :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THEY'RE SO GOOD, GOOGLE "IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA" AND READ ABOUT THE ALBUM AND LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS AND YOU WILL BE FOREVER CHANGED.
This :lol:

Anyway, Green Day and stuff :)

This :lol:

Semen stains the mountain top~

Semen stains the mountain top~

By the way on topic, Anyone liked nightlife? Can't believe they pull out that shit and it reminded me off Offspring's Cruising California track on days go by.

That thing didn't and shouldn't belong in the record.

By the way on topic, Anyone liked nightlife? Can't believe they pull out that shit and it reminded me off Offspring's Cruising California track on days go by.

I like...appreciate that they tried. But the whole idea of incorporating Lady Cobra into this album was awful.

Haha, I actually love it :happy: I hated it at first, but it really grew on me.

I don't want to come across as pretentious, but the trilogy just didn't really click for me. There were a couple of songs that i deliberately went back and repeated many times, but overall, there just wasn't that sense of excitement that I usually get when I listen to a Green Day song for the first time. In that matter though, I do respect certain aspects, like the complexity of Brutal Love, and their attempt at Nightlife. There's just something that I get from listening to (yes, i know, i am quite a pretentious hipster) from listening to an album like Insomniac or Nimrod. I think it's because i'm more of a classic rock girl (The Who has been pulling my heart strings ever since I saw them at MSG last month), and I respect simplicity in a way. Anyways, here's my list.

1. Nimrod

2.Dookie

3.American Idiot

4.Insomniac

5.Kerplunk

6.Dos

7.1,039/Smoothed

8.21st Century Breakdown

9.Uno

10.Warning

11.Tre

Sorry guys, still love you, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I think i should've, which is my own problem. Hopefully i'll grow on some of the newer songs after I hear them live.

1. American Idiot
2. Warning
3. Dookie
4. iTré!
5. 21stCB
6. iUno!
7. Nimrod
8. 1,039/SOSH
9. iDos!
10. Insomniac
11. Kerplunk
12. Shenanigans

Community. Y U NO LOVE TRILOGY?! (just a joke(please don't eat me))

But I really don't get it, why some people hate the Trilogy. I think it's pretty damn awesome. I think, it's much better than Warning or 21st Century Breakdown. Infact..I love the Trilogy. It's one of the best things I ever heard. Right now, I'm a proud Green Day Fan.

I think, it's much better than Warning....

FALSE :angry

Some don't like the trilogy cause its quite different from what GD had already did and that's soooo normal !!

I really like Tré and Uno, Dos a little bit less but still I love the trilogy :happy:

But don't say it's much better than Warning.... :mad:

:D

1) American idiot

2) Warning

3) Nimrod

4) Insomniac

5) Dookie

6) 21st century breakdown

7) Kerplunk

8) Tre

9) Uno

10) Dos

11) 39 Smooth

For me, the trilogy will never have the same sentimental value as the old albums.

As much as I enjoyed the trilogy its hard for me to put it above some of my favorite albums by them. This is how I would rank it as a "Whole"

1)Dookie

2)American Idiot

3)Kerplunk

4)Insomniac

5)Uno,Dos Tre

6)Nimrod

7)Warning

8)1039/Smooth

9)Shenanigans

10)21st Century Breakdown

Taking the trilogy as three separate albums it would be:

1)Dookie

2)American Idiot

3)Kerplunk

4)Insomniac

5)Tre

6)Dos

7)Nimrod

8)Warning

9)1039/Smooth

10)Uno

11)Shenanigans

12)21st Century Breakdown

FALSE :angry

Some don't like the trilogy cause its quite different from what GD had already did and that's soooo normal !!

I really like Tré and Uno, Dos a little bit less but still I love the trilogy :happy:

But don't say it's much better than Warning.... :mad:

You know..I kinda hate Warning. It's just..boring (please don't kill me) :D

Yeha, Waiting, Minority, Warning and Macy's Day Parade are great songs..but the other ones are boring..sorry.

:P

I definitely would not rank the Trilogy at the top, it's further down below. Don't get me wrong, I love it but Green Day's my absolute favorite band so i have extremely high standards for anything they put out simply because i know what they're capable of and i like everything. Now i don't think the meaning of this trilogy was to make hit singles and make a "masterpiece". I believe the soul purpose was to just have fun and make a simple album because they haven't done that in like a decade. They probably thought since it was so simple why not just have even more fun and give the fans more songs. I love the idea. To me the idea of it was really creative.

Now obviously the lyrics weren't the greatest, and the music wasn't all that complex (except DRB now hello). And i would have preferred definitely a more in your face guitars and production sound like they had. I don't think i could rate my favorite Green Day albums i love them all for different reasons (okay Dookie will always be number one). Though the trilogy is not my favorite (however i'm extremely fond of Dos), i still love it and i'm glad they didn't do another concept album instead, and didn't think more about making it a hit than a treat for the fans.

The trilogy wasn't perfect compared to their other albums but then again, was it even supposed to be?

As much as I enjoyed the trilogy its hard for me to put it above some of my favorite albums by them. This is how I would rank it as a "Whole"

1)Dookie

2)American Idiot

3)Kerplunk

4)Insomniac

5)Uno,Dos Tre

6)Nimrod

7)Warning

8)1039/Smooth

9)Shenanigans

10)21st Century Breakdown

Sorry, but I don't think you can consider Shenanigans as an album & include it in the rankings of album. It's not an album, it's a B-sides compilation.

But I really like your ranking. It's kinda the same for me, except I switch American Idiot & Nimrod.

You know..I kinda hate Warning. It's just..boring (please don't kill me) :D

Yeha, Waiting, Minority, Warning and Macy's Day Parade are great songs..but the other ones are boring..sorry.

:P

you hate Warning ?????!!"/%&* :runaround:

you should be banned off GDC just by saying that :dry:

haha joking :D

It's his right to say that, it's his opinion.

When I was 15 like him, I remember I didn't like Warning because it's not a typical Green Day album. The acoustic sounds annoyed me. I learnt to love it only two years ago. It grows on me since.

1. Dookie - Like the whole album except In The End.

Favorites: Having A Blast, When I Come Around, Longview, Basket Case

2. Kerplunk - Would've been an overall better album without the Sweet Children EP attached to it. The only songs I don't care for are No One Knows & Words I Might Have Ate.

Favorites: 2000 Light Years Away, One For The Razorbacks, Welcome To Paradise, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield

3. Uno - Solid album. Let Yourself Go is one of my all time GD favorite songs now.

Favorites: Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night, Rusty James, Oh Love

4. 1039 - This compilation has hits & misses but I still like it a lot. (I can't stand Rest)

Favorites: At The Library, I was There, Going To Pasalacqua, Why Do You Want Him

5 . Insomniac - Solid followup to Dookie, but didn't enjoy it as much.

Favorites: 86, No Pride, Panic Song

6. Nimrod - The songwriting was great and the change in direction was appreciated.

Favorites: Nice Guys Finish Last, Scattered, Take Back, Good Riddance

7. Dos - Solid album. Not bad, but not all that great to me.

Favorites: Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Makeout Party

8. Tre - I may change its spot later, as I've only listened to it once, but it's just okay to me.

Favorites: Missing You, 99 Revolutions, Brutal Love

8. American Idiot - Its not that I don't like this album, I just can't listen to this at any time like most of their other records. I appreciate the story it told, and how they touched upon the state of America at the time, but I just can't listen to Wake Me Up When September Ends any more or Boulevard Of Broken Dreams multiple times.

Favorites: American Idiot, Holiday

9. Warning - Too much of a style change, and nothing just stood out to me.

Favorite: Minority

10. 21CB - Just didn't like this album at all

Favorites: Murder city, 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy

Well, fack yaaah. Yo mama should get banned, 'cause she can't cook *bad-joke-skills-incoming*

It's his right to say that, it's his opinion.

When I was 15 like him, I remember I didn't like Warning because it's not a typical Green Day album. The acoustic sounds annoyed me. I learnt to love it only two years ago. It grows on me since.

She was just joking :P

Well, yeha..you exactly mentioned why I don't like Warning..are you a wizzard?! :mellow:

1. American Idiot

2. Nimrod

3. Tre

4. Dookie

5. Dos

6. 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

7. Insomniac

8. Uno

9. 21st Century Breakdown

10. Warning

11. Kerplunk

The Trilogy did great for me. When I first heard it I didn't think it was a great idea and that I wouldn't enjoy a lot of the songs. Boy was I wrong. This trilogy probably holds many of the best songs Green Day has ever made. It's a shame it never hit so hard in the market.

By the way on topic, Anyone liked nightlife?

Yes, it was one of the highlights. Such a shame to see so many Green Day fans don't appreciate this new style.

1) Dookie / Insomniac / Nimrod

2) Shenanigans

3) American Idiot

4) Kerplunk / Dos

5) Warning / Uno

7) 1, 039/SOSH

8) 21 st Century Breakdown/ Tré

I'm not sure about Tré...I've heard it only twice. I can't say I don't like it but it doesn't entertain me much.

Dos is the only part of trilogy that I really enjoyed. I love the garage sound and that the songs are less catchy :)

1. Warning
2. Kerplunk
3. Dookie
4. Insomniac

5 . Nimrod
6. American Idiot
7. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

8. 21st Century Breakdown
8. Uno
9. Dos
10. Tre

Hopefully the band can land back on their feet after this. Trilogy was not a good idea.

1. Insomniac

2. Dookie

3. American Idiot

4. Uno

5. 21st Century Breakdown

6. Dos

7. Nimrod

8. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

9. Kerplunk

10. Tre

11. Warning

All of the albums are very close for me. 6 to 10 were hard for me to rank.

Dookie and AI are still my top faves by GD, but I think the trilogy as a whole would come after those two...I'm not sure. I just know I fucking enjoyed every second of the trilogy.

At the top! It's my favourite thing they've ever done, I love the retro sound, the variety, the ballsiness of experimenting with so many different styles (and of deciding to release a trilogy at all), the fun and humour alongside dirtiness, darkness and beautifully simple but effective lyrics. All of their albums are amazing but the sound and style of the Trilogy just suits my taste perfectly, they really have made my ideal Green Day fantasy a reality :D. If I view the Trilogy all together (which I do), there's no doubt it's taken the number one spot. Swiftly followed by Nimrod and 21st CB tied in second place. Then Dookie, American Idiot and Stop Drop And Roll. And then the rest.

By the way on topic, Anyone liked nightlife?

Yep!

Archived