How do you rate the trilogy in Green Day's catalog of albums?

Remy

If this topic hasn't already been made, I would love to know how you guys would rate these three albums amongst your favorites in Green Day's album catalog. I personally enjoy American Idiot and 21CB, but I'm more of a Dookie and Warning chick, so I'd say the trilogy, which combines some of those elements in my opinion, ranks pretty high up there with them, though not quite at the top. What about you guys?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more into the Sweet Children EP. Everything they did after that is corporate sellout bullshit. Fuck Green Day. And fuck the trilogy.

Are you kidding me?

I'm more into the Sweet Children EP. Everything they did after that is corporate sellout bullshit. Fuck Green Day. And fuck the trilogy.

Lol, why are you on this forum?

It's a definite possibility.

In that case, hardy-har-har. I'm in stitches from laughing. Thanks for contributing nothing to the topic, now can we please continue the intelligent conversation.

Of course it is but why are you member of greendaycommunity if you only like the Sweet Children EP & you think the rest is bullshit?

Of course it is but why are you member of greendaycommunity if you only like the Sweet Children EP & you think the rest is bullshit?

Can we get back on topic please? Replying to trolls got old in 2011.

The lowest of lows.

Because...?

Because Santa Jesus is very much not a troll.

:lazy:

Alright, since the conversation is not exacty flowing smoothly, I'll throw in another question for good measure: How does the trilogy, in particular Tre, compare to Warning? Dookie is a category of its own, so I won't compare that to anything.

Somebody has to create a sarcasm font as soon as possible. Any ideas? Oh Lord.

For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Big-Bang-Theory-Leonards-sarcasm-sign.pn

but to the topic this is my current album ranking:

1. American Idiot

2. Warning

3.!Tré! !Uno! !Dos! /Nimrod

4.21st Century Breakdown

5. Dookie

6.Insomniac

7.Shenanigans

8. Kerplunk

9.1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

If you don't like my ranking then i dont give a fuck and it changes every month anyway ^^

Make sure your thread doesn't turn into a list thread, those gets closed.

And I'm gonna decline the handjob offer.

I'd put Tre up there with Nimrod, but below Dookie, American Idiot & 21CB. Dos and Uno would be just below that, above and below Insomniac respectively. Actually, it would be easier if I just did a table.

1. 21st Century Breakdown

2. American Idiot

3. Dookie

4. Nimrod / Tre

6. Dos

7. Insomniac

8. Uno

9. Warning

10. Kerplunk

11. 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

Make sure your thread doesn't turn into a list thread, those gets closed.

And I'm gonna decline the handjob offer.

The last part of your post was amusing, but wishful thinking.

Thanks for the advice. And I don't care about the whole "lol she doesn't know I'm a troll with several accounts" or whatever is going on here, I'm here to talk about Green Day and to have fun. Think that's allowed?

1. American Idiot

2. Nimorod/Kerplunk

3. Dookie, Insomniac, Warning

4. 1,039/SOSH

5. Uno

6. Tré

7. 21st Century Breakdown

8. Dos

Because the Triology is weak. The music sounds all the same ( :( ) and the lyrcis are uncreative and compared to AI/21st CB and warning the level of the lyrics is very low. The triology is definitely a step backwards of the musical development that GD made in the past years.

The last part of your post was amusing, but wishful thinking.

Thanks for the advice. And I don't care about the whole "lol she doesn't know I'm a troll with several accounts" or whatever is going on here, I'm here to talk about Green Day and to have fun. Think that's allowed?

Not unless it's gonna be people posting a list instead of active conversation.

For example, I like that Uno is simple, I wouldn't like yet another bloody opera filled with references to books I haven't read and characters with names on a continuous downward spiral.

Simply it reminds me of a more adult version of Dookie, it went from masturbation to sex in a good way.

And I joked about the handjob because I'm busy

:P

Not unless it's gonna be people posting a list instead of active conversation.

For example, I like that Uno is simple, I wouldn't like yet another bloody opera filled with references to books I haven't read and characters with names on a continuous downward spiral.

Simply it reminds me of a more adult version of Dookie, it went from masturbation to sex in a good way.

And I joked about the handjob because I'm busy

:P

That's nice.

Guest DisapppearingBoy

1. Dookie

2. Insomniac

3. Dos

4. Kerplunk + 1039/SOSH

5. Nimrod

6. Uno

7. Tre

8. AI

9. Warning

10. 21CB

Dos on 3 cause garage rock sound, i enjoyed that. Kind of listening to Johnny Thunders record. AI doesn't cheer me anymore. Warning was never what Green Day were. 21CB was a follow up to AI. Never liked that that record. Very much polished record!

Archived