[Speculation] A Pop Disaster Tour 2.0

Speechless & Redundant

I have wanted to see Blink 182 live for a while, I missed them last time they were near me with My Chemical Romance as I had freshman college orientation the next morning =/

On their next tour, whenever that may be, I hope to hell they add Adam's Song back into the setlist. One of their most mature, emotionally touching songs. I don't see why they dropped it as long as they did (since 2009).

I'm probably in the minority here, but the 2003 self-titled is my favorite Blink 182 album.

No way, the self-titled is my favorite Blink album too! I absolutely love it!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's your right to say that. But Blink is not about dick jokes anymore. They matured and improved a lot. They're serious in their songs now.

They matured, and got a hell of a lot worse than they were.. the most damn overrated shit to ever walk on this planet!

Blink should be damn opening to ATL not green day! Saw um in Dublin and wanted my money back! Tom sounds like shite now, Travis is stuck so far up himself he basically swallows the drum kit.. and well mark is just.. mark.. he's actually ok :L..

If this ever were to happen again, let it only be for Blinks retirement party, so their fans can see a damn proper band inaction!

I never realized there were so many Blink-dislikers on GDC. Well, you learn something new everyday. I myself was one about 2 years ago...oh how things change.

I never realized there were so many Blink-dislikers on GDC. Well, you learn something new everyday. I myself was one about 2 years ago...oh how things change.

Yeah there is and they always want to pit the two against each other even though Blink has said several times Green Day were a huge influence on them.

Yeah there is and they always want to pit the two against each other even though Blink has said several times Green Day were a huge influence on them.

I love both bands. Green Day is, in my mind, undoubtedly better and I love them way more but that doesn't make me hate Blink-182 or like them any less. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Although I really dislike it when people say their music is similar, they are two very different bands; the only reason they're compared so often is because they're both huge punk bands. Otherwise...

Well the website was conspicuously updated earlier this year...

Blink would be the opening band this time around though, since they only do a 60 minute set and Green Day does an almost 4 hour set.

Wow, 4 hours, really? Now I feel robbed for only getting 2½ hours at the shows I've been to...

Wow, 4 hours, really? Now I feel robbed for only getting 2½ hours at the shows I've been to...
Yeah. They've been pushing their sets to the limit. They could play all night if they wanted to.

• 1 year later...

do you guys feel this should happen? personally, i love both green day and blink 182 and I've never scene either so it'd be a good chance to see both.

do you guys feel this should happen? personally, i love both green day and blink 182 and I've never scene either so it'd be a good chance to see both.

No

I think it'd be a disaster.

green day drew in tons more fans than Blink during that tour, it was kinda embarrassing for Blink.

do you guys feel this should happen? personally, i love both green day and blink 182 and I've never seen either so it'd be a good chance to see both.

fixed. It would be interesting if it happened again to say the least, but I don't see it happening. Also, why should they do something that they already have done? In my opinion, neither band is old enough or irrelevant enough to do a "nostalgia tour". Because that's what it would basically be.

it won't happen again probably as much as i love both bands

Blink-182 suck, IMO (don't want to be killed for saying that, haha :lol:)

I wouldn't necessarily say that they are TERRIBLE, but I will say that their live performances look incredibly boring and their live singing / sound quality is terrible.

Nah, then we'd have to endure Blink to see Green Day and that would be terrible :P

Blink-182 suck, IMO (don't want to be killed for saying that, haha :lol:)

This :lol: I don't absolutely hate them but I'm uninterested enough to not like this idea at all.

Omg let's go to a show and relive the early 2000s !1!!!11!

Really though. Neither of the bands are as commercially popular as they were in the early 2000s. This would only possibly sell to the really diehard fans of both bands. And considering how different the bands are now compared to 13 years ago, I doubt there'd be enough diehard fans to support the entire tour.

The Stitches, Best Coast, I've suffered through enough bad bands playing with Green Day. I don't need to add Blink to that list.

It was a mistake for Green Day the first time, so no it should never ever happen again, in fact I think everyone should just forget it ever happened and never talk about it again!

Blink aren't stupid enough now to go on tour with Green Day again.They fucked them when they were on the top of their game imagine what would happen now.

I love Blink but they cant even come close to Green Day as a live band.

Blink 182 should've never gotten back together.

Archived