[Speculation] A Pop Disaster Tour 2.0

Speechless & Redundant

Oh God I always hate it when Green Day fans talk about blink :lol:

Say what you want about Tom but he really has gotten better since 2009.He's not wasted on stage now and he sings better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3vMBkbV9k

But this isn't gonna happen seriously.No way Blink and especially Green Day would accept to open for another band.Green Day only did it the last time to show everyone they are a better band and kick blink's ass(can't say they didn't manage that...)

I'd love to see them tour again though.The biggest still running punk rock bands of the 90s together?Fuck yeah!

Well, we all know that Blink would have to open for Green Day :P

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last time Tom was a good live performer was sometime before Blink's selftitled, before he became a gigantic douche. I saw him live at Reading a couple of years ago, and he sounded like someone taking the piss doing a karaoke version of All The Small Things.

http://wwwwatch?v=bawSgLz9bNo

If Tom could get his shit together, I'd get excited about this.

wuaaatching whuaiiitiiing.... And I thought he was bad when I saw Angels & Airwaves this summer. Oh gawd.

Still love ya Mark.

I remember the last time i enjoyed blink was when i got the mark tom and travis show cd that was pretty good but i have picked up other older bands instead i left halfway through blink during the first pop disaster cause you cant beat 2000 tie wearing billie joe armstrong hand in pants rubbing his crotch blink was alright

Don't really mind Blink, but I'm not sure if I'd like this or not.

None of that ATL garbage.

Hey hey hey. They are a great live band with an energetic performance. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't seen them.

They would be perfect for opening for Green Day.

They opened for Blink cause green day have gone really down in popularity with Insomniac Nimrod and especially Warning when Blink were selling millions with Enema of the State and Take off your Pants and Jacket...

But yeah green day have always been better live.

blink-182 were more popular at the time but they probably would not have had the success they had had Green Day not brought punk back into the mainstream, which is probably why blink got signed. Green Day had been around longer (and worked their asses off to get where they were), blink had just made it big not long before the tour. Maybe this is just the fangirl in me talking, but Green Day deserved more respect and to be the main band. It's like when GD opened for Bad Religion but then wouldn't let Bad Religion open for them when GD made it big as they seen Bad Religion as one of the bands that paved the way for them and they'd been around longer. I don't know, it just seemed as if GD had been reduced to just a mere supporting act for newer bands they helped established.

Again, probably just me being a petty fangirl but i think GD deserved that main slot. And you may or may not agree on how much respect a band should have just for being around longer.

And again, not trying to diss blink all that much, i still like their (pre-break up) stuff.

I would like to see one of Green Day's side project bands tour with GD. I want to see Fink bite Tre's ass

I hope this is just a horrible rumor...Blink are the equivilant to watching one million idiotic action movies while listening to dick jokes...you can feel your brain cells rotting while listening to them...like Tre said once something like "I just wrote a song called Suck My Dick Until Your Lips Fall Off...hey I just wrote a Blink 182 song!" and Mike added " No that's far too intelligent to be a Blink 182 song" (hope i got that exactly right lol). Sorry if I offended Blink fans but it's my opinion...i just really really can NOT stand that band period. But I'm sure this is another dumb rumor...it's roughly time for another.

It's your right to say that. But Blink is not about dick jokes anymore. They matured and improved a lot. They're serious in their songs now.

It's your right to say that. But Blink is not about dick jokes anymore. They matured and improved a lot. They're serious in their songs now.

It's almost sad to say it, but I liked them more when they were about dick jokes. Now they just sound pretentious.

It's almost sad to say it, but I liked them more when they were about dick jokes. Now they just sound pretentious.

I agree with you. Even though I like the other stuff, I love the first albums (Chesire Cat, Dude Ranch, Enema and TOYPAJ). I still like them but the original spirit is gone (but I don't think they sound pretentious, they're just better musicians today in my opinion).

I agree with you. Even though I like the other stuff, I love the first albums (Chesire Cat, Dude Ranch, Enema and TOYPAJ). I still like them but the original spirit is gone (but I don't think they sound pretentious, they're just better musicians today in my opinion).

They sound like they're having a lot more fun on those albums. Their self titled, Neighbourhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs sound a bit forced, and too much A&A/+44 influenced. They really need to get back into their groove. If that means making stupid songs about aliens and fucking dogs, I'm cool with that.

blink-182 were more popular at the time but they probably would not have had the success they had had Green Day not brought punk back into the mainstream, which is probably why blink got signed. Green Day had been around longer (and worked their asses off to get where they were), blink had just made it big not long before the tour. Maybe this is just the fangirl in me talking, but Green Day deserved more respect and to be the main band. It's like when GD opened for Bad Religion but then wouldn't let Bad Religion open for them when GD made it big as they seen Bad Religion as one of the bands that paved the way for them and they'd been around longer. I don't know, it just seemed as if GD had been reduced to just a mere supporting act for newer bands they helped established.

Again, probably just me being a petty fangirl but i think GD deserved that main slot. And you may or may not agree on how much respect a band should have just for being around longer.

And again, not trying to diss blink all that much, i still like their (pre-break up) stuff.

Blink have been around more than you think.And you can't really say they don't deserve their success.You don't know how hard they worked to be honest...

The tour was on 2002, Blink got pretty big with Dammit on 1997 and huge with the next releases.

And I love Green Day but the way blink acted on success all the years before their self-titled album made me have a huge respect for them.Then they got like any other band(like green day) who say stuff "yeah we love the fans" "we couldn't be anywhere without them" and stuff...

Naaw if they kept being all about dick jokes that would be pretentious and lame.

Not that I didn't like them more back then :lol:

They sound like they're having a lot more fun on those albums. Their self titled, Neighbourhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs sound a bit forced, and too much A&A/+44 influenced. They really need to get back into their groove. If that means making stupid songs about aliens and fucking dogs, I'm cool with that.

Haha self titled sounds like +44 or AvA? :lol:

Those bands didn't even exist back then you n00b :P

Say what you want about Blink, I'm used to green day fans insulting them, but self titled is a little masterpiece nobody will say a bad word for it :angry

:ninja:

If Green Day open to Blink, please, don't show them a one minute sign :lol:

Seriously, Green Day is A LOT bigger, they would never open for Blink.

He sings it like he just got kicked in the windpipe by a demented kangaroo.

When I went to see them my friend texted me "be sure to let me know if Tom still sounds like someone karate chopped his larynx!" :lol: (He's a blink fan, but that doesn't mean he can't acknowledge the obvious!)

Haha self titled sounds like +44 or AvA? :lol:

Those bands didn't even exist back then you n00b :P

Say what you want about Blink, I'm used to green day fans insulting them, but self titled is a little masterpiece nobody will say a bad word for it :angry

:ninja:

I know they didn't, I'm not that big of a noob :P

But you can't deny that theres elements of both of those bands in Neighbourhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs. And the self titled sounds a lot like it. I'm not mad about the self titled, I like about half the songs on it, the rest are kinda meh.

I know they didn't, I'm not that big of a noob :P

But you can't deny that theres elements of both of those bands in Neighbourhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs. And the self titled sounds a lot like it. I'm not mad about the self titled, I like about half the songs on it, the rest are kinda meh.

Haha I was sure you knew I was messing with you :lol:

Dogs eating dogs for sure.

But untitled is a masterpiece it can't have elements of shitty AvA :lol: Well except from maybe Asthenia and the intro in Not Now but still...Yeah I suck untitled's little dick ok?I said it :P

Ok sorry back on topic: "Blink are immature and unfunny and Green Day are Gods!"

If this would happen I'd probably dropped dead down to a clowd of fluffy awesomeness right now.

No really I'd die out of happiness.

Agreed. I'd only be ok with this if blink opened for GD. GD opening for blink again would be mortifying.

Anyway, still don't think i'd be that bothered (besides the fact that i'd get to see GD of course). Every report i've heard about blink says that they are shite live. Not trying to rail on lbink that much, i do like them (albeit as a guilty pleasure) but in all fairness, i'll never know why GD were the ones opening last time around.

Because Blink were more successful. GD took advantage as a way to get themselves some new fans. And Mike Dirnt thought it was a good way to get the best Pop Punk bands of the era to stand separate from the rest of the mainstream garbage (I'd like to remind everyone that Blink came from a punk scene, the same cannot be said for any band that followed them).

Don't really mind Blink, but I'm not sure if I'd like this or not.

Hey hey hey. They are a great live band with an energetic performance. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't seen them.

They would be perfect for opening for Green Day.

They might be good live, but they're song writing at least, in my opinion, is very lacking. They're also one of those modern pop punk bands that is totally Blink obsessed and lacks their own image: A friend of mine saw them live and she told me that they told the same jokes from Blink's live album The Enema Strikes Back! and their whole scene kid look is done by a thousand other bands (I know image isn't important, but it's just plain annoying).Had they come around earlier I would have a higher opinion of them, but at this point, they are everything that's wrong with the genre right now.

Say what you want about Blink, I'm used to green day fans insulting them, but self titled is a little masterpiece nobody will say a bad word for it :angry :ninja:

The Untitled album is incredible. I used to absolutely hate that record and now it's probably my favorite Blink record. I consider it a work of art. Definitely their American Idiot. I just wish it didn't fuck up all the pop punk bands that followed that album.

I have wanted to see Blink 182 live for a while, I missed them last time they were near me with My Chemical Romance as I had freshman college orientation the next morning =/

On their next tour, whenever that may be, I hope to hell they add Adam's Song back into the setlist. One of their most mature, emotionally touching songs. I don't see why they dropped it as long as they did (since 2009).

I'm probably in the minority here, but the 2003 self-titled is my favorite Blink 182 album.

I have wanted to see Blink 182 live for a while, I missed them last time they were near me with My Chemical Romance as I had freshman college orientation the next morning =/

On their next tour, whenever that may be, I hope to hell they add Adam's Song back into the setlist. One of their most mature, emotionally touching songs. I don't see why they dropped it as long as they did (since 2009).

I'm probably in the minority here, but the 2003 self-titled is my favorite Blink 182 album.

They dropped Adam's Song because of the death of DJ AM.

And Self-Titled Album is best album.

They dropped it and I don't see them getting it back again...

Mark has said it's the hardest song to play live after everything that has happened.Death of DJAM and Jerry Finn...

And no almost every Blink fan considers self-titled as their best album so we're definitely not alone :lol:

the biggest rock major label band with the biggest rock indie label band

this would be awesome ! :toocool:

When i watched "Riding in vans with boys", i realized that Blink 182 was way more shown than Green Day.

Archived