does anyone know why welcome to paradise was on kerplunk then agian on dookie

Ben Hetherington

i'm guessing they realized it had potential so they rerecorded it for better quality and it turned into a hit.

409 was also rerecorded.

Because it was the only Green Day song that was well known during Kerplunk and it was a success.

They decided to put it on Dookie then, to make a tribute to this song that gave them success.

Same reasons as posted above. I've also heard that the decision was Rob Cavallo's (the producer) and not the band.

Because it was the only Green Day song that was well known during Kerplunk and it was a success.

They decided to put it on Dookie then, to make a tribute to this song that gave them success.

How do you know that it was "well known" during Kerplunk compared to their other songs?

I always thought they just wanted to rerecord it because it was a song they really liked.

Billie Joe felt that the song deserved a better recording than the grainy, quickly-put together version found on Kerplunk. They also rerecorded 409 In Your Coffeemaker (although it was never mixed and left off the album) and they were going to rerecord 2000 Light Years Away but those plans were scrapped and Rob Cavallo simply remixed the original. JAR was another song that was also recorded, although it was left off because they felt it didn't fit and it conflicted with "Emenius Sleepus".

How do you know that it was "well known" during Kerplunk compared to their other songs?

I heard that in the Dookie documentary by VH1.

I heard that in the Dookie documentary by VH1.

I remember that documentary... all I recall them saying was that it got a "sonic facelift".

Are these rerecorded songs available somewhere? The ones that didn''t make it onto Dookie? I have a 409 In your Coffeemaker but it sounds the same as the original except for mixing (I guess it was on the Basket Case Japan single). Is that what you mean?

Are these rerecorded songs available somewhere? The ones that didn''t make it onto Dookie? I have a 409 In your Coffeemaker but it sounds the same as the original except for mixing (I guess it was on the Basket Case Japan single). Is that what you mean?

I have the unmixed 409 but it sounds nothing like the original. JAR was released twice, once on a movie soundtrack and again on International Superhits. I've never been able to find the remixed 2000 Light Years Away.

409 In Your Coffeemaker just sounds much cleaner, and has some vocal effects on the verses. It's on a few different Basket Case singles.

2,000 Light Years Away was only ever released on the soundtrack of some shitty movie, so it's nearly impossible to find. I did manage to track it down though :D

I have the unmixed 409 but it sounds nothing like the original. JAR was released twice, once on a movie soundtrack and again on International Superhits. I've never been able to find the remixed 2000 Light Years Away.

I have it, but as far as I know it's still copyrighted. I could PM you a link if you want.

I have it, but as far as I know it's still copyrighted. I could PM you a link if you want.

Check your inbox baby.

409 In Your Coffeemaker just sounds much cleaner, and has some vocal effects on the verses. It's on a few different Basket Case singles.

2,000 Light Years Away was only ever released on the soundtrack of some shitty movie, so it's nearly impossible to find. I did manage to track it down though :D

Wanna pm me the link too?

You mind PMing me both 409 and 2000 Light Years Away? : )

i want too most 2000 light years away can you send me ? :) plz

Wanna pm me the link too?

Check your inboxes :D

Could you PM me 2000 Light Years Away as well please? :)

Archived