In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

I want to see one of the Nimrod shows because for me they were of the most energetic concerts from Green Day

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning, simply because not much of that album is every played live and it's one of my favorites.

Other than that, American Idiot, because I feel like I really missed out by not seeing them on that tour.

If you had a time machine with the option to pick one Green Day tour to go see, what tour would it be?

Personally, I would Pick the Pop Disaster Tour. I would pick this because I would get to see Green Day and Blink 182 at the same show! I like Green Day way better though. haha.

Turns out there's already a thread for talking about exactly this. I've gone ahead and merged your thread with it here :)

Nimrod 100%

I'd get to hear all the rarities, plus a bunch from Insomniac that also don't get played

Prosthetic ahead, Scattered, Uptight, Take Back, Redundant, Panic Song, Stuart and the Ave :runaround:

Except... They didn't play Uptight, Panic Song, or Stuart on the Ave.

I don't really know what you guys have against blink. I mean, they are nowhere near Green Day, but they aren't terrible. They have some pretty good songs, only a few though. Sure, the comeback album sucked pretty bad, but you guys should check out their new EP that just came out. It's pretty good.

No...they are terrible. They have a FEW songs that are good on the radio. But that CANNOT play live. If you are a band that sounds like total shit while playing live on stage then you don't deserve any respect from anybody.

No...they are terrible. They have a FEW songs that are good on the radio. But that CANNOT play live. If you are a band that sounds like total shit while playing live on stage then you don't deserve any respect from anybody.

Hey, hey, be nice. No need to debate here.

The very beginning, probably the gilman gig they didwhere Op Ivy played their last set so i'd get to see two great shows. I love watching the old videos on youtube, would feel like being apart of history and i'd get to see most of my favourites like Judges Daughter, one i want, rest etc played. I'd also go back to that show that was recorded for Radio Daze, i love listening to that bootleg and the C yo yus cover!

Except... They didn't play Uptight, Panic Song, or Stuart on the Ave.

I would change that. :fight:

:D

I saw them 12/95 at the Astro Arena and 3-15-2013 at the Moody Theater

Bought tickets for the 2009 Toyota Center but got lazy stayed at home

Ether Nimrod or Kerplunk

Love the Sound of Green Day playing Kerplunk Songs!!!

I was really lucky to see them twice on the American Idiot tour. They were my favourite shows that i saw them on.

I was meant to see them during the Warning/ International Superhits era but i couldn't go in the end. I wish i saw that but the only really difference in setlists were Maria, Waiting and Church On Sunday.

I've heard Maria, it's just Church On Sunday (one of my favourite songs ever) left for me to hear.

I've seen all eras aside from Dookie and the earlier years. My first concert was during the Insomniac tour and I've seen them every tour since (well, with the exception of the Trilogy era, and I'll be seeing a few of those shows in three weeks!). I can say from experience that they've all been great and all the shows hold special memories for me. It's been a wild run. It's amazing to see how far their live show has come- the Insomniac era concert I attended must have been an hour, hour and fifteen minutes tops. Little crowd interaction, and they agrily buzzsawed through the setlist. The last shows I saw were during the 21CB tour when the setlist had expanded to two and a half hours with obviously a ton of fan interaction. The really quick summary is this: their live presence, sound, and overall performance has improved remarkably from the earlier days. They were absolutely at the very top of their game on the 21CB tour and I expect more of the same on the Trilogy dates. They have become legensdary live performers and a true force of nature at this point. Sure, the previous eras were great live (from sweaty clubs during Nimrod through the grandiosity of the AI tour, they all were unique and incredibly satisfying in their own ways). However, they are at their all-time best in the present era, and anyone who has a chance to see them now should consider themselves lucky. They've become a once in a generation live act that can't be missed- they're very much in their prime and at that incredible place where they're experienced and accomplished enough to be living rock legends while still retaining enough youth and energy to put on absolutely amazing shows. We're privileged to be able to experience this- I know everyone on the board recognizes this fact...I just hope the general public and rock fandom can appreciate this as well.

Does buying a time machine and seeing them on every single tour they've ever done count?

Saw them in Belfast in '09 for 21CB and Billie Joe isn't just a songwriter, he's a dancer, a stroyteller and overall a real entertainer! Afterwards I viewed it more as a "Green Day show" than a "Green Day concert. They know how to present themselves!

But overall I would probably have liked to see them in the Nimrod era, because the shows were mad and they would have played a lot of my favorite songs (Imagine witnessing UPTIGHT LIVE!!)

That's a tougher question than I thought it'd be. However, I've watched a lot of videos on Youtube from 97/98 where I really wished I was at those shows, so I guess then.

Or during Kerplunk, right before Dookie.

I would've loved to see them in the pre-Dookie days. Before the massive stadiums, before all the security and whatnot, just when they were 3 stoned young'uns :lol:

Saw them in Belfast in '09 for 21CB and Billie Joe isn't just a songwriter, he's a dancer, a stroyteller and overall a real entertainer! Afterwards I viewed it more as a "Green Day show" than a "Green Day concert. They know how to present themselves!

But overall I would probably have liked to see them in the Nimrod era, because the shows were mad and they would have played a lot of my favorite songs (Imagine witnessing UPTIGHT LIVE!!)

But they didn't play Uptight, if you went to a random show back then, you were lucky if you got redundant or take back

I saw them during 21st Century Breakdown era and that's when I would've wanted to see them the most. I like a few songs on 21st CB a lot and I feel they were performing their best in this era as well (and AI era). Don't know if I'll see them again - don't like the trilogy songs, their set was too long and Billie Joe got a bit annoying through the performance...and the tickets will always be something like $120 here. Still an awesome gig though.

I saw them during the insomniac tour when I was maybe 13 years old. I don't remember anything about it now. Can't even find the specific setlist but from the looks of it it was short. Anyways I would love to relive that concert as it was my only GD concert. Really wish I saw them for the American Idiot tour too. I plan on seeing them next time they're in town.

I've only see been to one Green Day concert, and that was the 21st Century tour. Obviously, I would love to see then whenever I can, but I think it would've have been cool to see them in the Dookie days with Billie's blue hair.

Warning, simply because not much of that album is every played live and it's one of my favorites.

Other than that, American Idiot, because I feel like I really missed out by not seeing them on that tour.

same here.

Archived