In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have wanted to hear them during the early years when they weren't a huge band. Probably my ideal time would be right after the release of dookie, they had the just written brilliant songs like longview and basket case. They were young and angry and always wasted. I watch the old gigs on youtube and just wish I could be there, the atmosphere looks so amazing.

Thinking about it more I could actually pin it down to two gigs. Either Jaded in Chicago 1994 or Brixton Academy 1995. Both before I was born.

Dookie era and Warning. I would love to see the red guitar BJA was using during the Warning tour

The Pop Disaster tour. I know the sets were shorter, but I can't imagine anything better than seeing blink and Green Day at the same night.

Probably on one of their first gigs, Like when they released their first EPs, if that's possible. If not, 1039_smoothed out slappy hours.

• 4 weeks later...

If you had a time machine with the option to pick one Green Day tour to go see, what tour would it be?

Personally, I would Pick the Pop Disaster Tour. I would pick this because I would get to see Green Day and Blink 182 at the same show! I like Green Day way better though. haha.

Pop disaster tour shows had the worst setlist ever.

I'd wanna see Insomniac tour, when they played a bunch of insomniac songs

I would pick anything but the Pop Disaster Tour for the fact that Blink was part of that show and is a disgrace to music. Honestly, I thought the sets during the 1st US leg of the 21st CB tour were AWESOME! I mean, Static Age was in the set and that song is one of my favs :)

AAAAAALL of them.

- when they performed at their high school in front of 5 people, being the only one singing along

- at Gilman, violently moshing with dirty punks (to love songs lol)

- the Dookie tour so I can experience the "original hype"

- the Insomniac/Nimrod/Warning tours so I can hear songs from these albums actually played live

- Pop Disaster Tour so I can see my two favorite bands on the same bill

- American Idiot tour because Bullet In A Bible is amazing and I would love to experience it live

I think they put on amazing shows now, however, they're too scripted, so if I see more than one show per tour, it's not as magical as the first time I see them.

I'd have to go with the Dookie tour. As much as I'd love to see them when they were at someone's house party, I don't think they were as good at performing. The Dookie tour looked fun, and I loved when they'd just talk on stage or say random stuff.

I would pick anything but the Pop Disaster Tour for the fact that Blink was part of that show and is a disgrace to music. Honestly, I thought the sets during the 1st US leg of the 21st CB tour were AWESOME! I mean, Static Age was in the set and that song is one of my favs :)

We both hate Blink-182! You're the best :)

All of them!!! But i have to say in the Kerplunk era or American Idiot and i really hope that i can see the 99 Revolutions tour :S

I would like to have seen them in 1998 during the nimrod tour, from videos Ive seen this seems to be the point that they were playing at their best live, without any of the theatrics (audience members on stage, super extended KFAD, 45 minutes of hey ohs a show and fancy backdrops etc) which all seem to have been started to incorporate into their set around the turn of the century. They seem to have played a good mix of songs from all 5 albums so far around that time too.

To make myself clear before I get a hard time, it's not that I dont like the current green day shows including theatrics I just think that if,possible it would be pretty cool to see them play without it for a change. I think the gig at shepherds bush last year will be the closest i come to that though.

Nimrod 100%

I'd get to hear all the rarities, plus a bunch from Insomniac that also don't get played

Prosthetic ahead, Scattered, Uptight, Take Back, Redundant, Panic Song, Stuart and the Ave :runaround:

I hate Blink too

I'd like to see them in beginning of 1994 and in 1997

I would pick anything but the Pop Disaster Tour for the fact that Blink was part of that show and is a disgrace to music.

^^ This

I don't really know what you guys have against blink. I mean, they are nowhere near Green Day, but they aren't terrible. They have some pretty good songs, only a few though. Sure, the comeback album sucked pretty bad, but you guys should check out their new EP that just came out. It's pretty good.

I LOVE the amount of Blink-hating friends I now have! Haha. Here's the way I look at things...and I've been a die-hard fan since '95. As much as I love GD's music, the only old song4 I'd ever really want to hear are Walking Contradiction and The Grouch. They have matured in their writing sooo much. If every GD show from now on was made up of songs from AI through the Trilogy I'd be the happiest fan in the world.

I don't hate Blink so I would like the pop disaster tour as well.
As someone said above, when they played at their high school!
Nimrod and Warning tour.

Archived