In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
>iHeartRadio Music Festival

I wish I could reach through my computer screen and slap you for using greentext outside of 4chan. Cut that shit out.

I think the trilogy era will have really fun live shows. I always feel like I'd want to see them in the latest era because there are just so many new songs I'd want to hear.

Warning era. My favourite album and many of the setlists are the best they've ever had. If just one show, the one at King's college in 2000. The bootleg from that show sounds so great and the setlist is just: :woot: !

I really wish I could have been able to see them on the 21stCB World Tour, it seems like that the number of fans participations on stage was too damn high, and the shows was longer than the recent ones, plus the setlists was pretty good with a mix of old and new songs.

I only saw them once, during the American Idiot tour, so I'll have to go with the Warning era. It'd be interesting, I think. :P

If I could, all of them... But I need to choose only one, so I think I'm between the Dookie era and the American Idiot era.

I think it would be awesome to see them in every era.
But if I could choose one, I'd like to see them in the Kerplunk era because I saw them in the 21st Century Breakdown era and I think it would be cool to see them before they became famous and see them playing small shows...and when they were about my age :D

Dookie for sure, maybe Insomniac. I saw them during 21CB and it was awesome, but of course... I imagine completely different in scope than it would have been in the 90s. I was very young at the time, not really of the moshpit-ready age, so I couldn't have gone then even if I did know/love them :lol:.

>iHeartRadio Music Festival

OMG IM SORRY I LAUGHED SO HARD.

but it was oNE TIME in how many years,

Sadly :'( BUTTTTT....they are still one of the best bands live nowadays :P

I don't think it's sad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were just so crazy 'cause of drugs. And I don't think it would be that awesome if 3 Mid-Age-Man (or whatever I should call them) were high on speed and stuff :D

I think I'd either want to see them in the 39/Smooth days or during the 21st Century Breakdown tour. It's really fun seeing bands in their early days, as I have done with Emily's Army, but I really loved the setlists they had during the 21stCB tour. :happy:

Also, this is my 1,000th post! :dance:

I don't think it's sad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were just so crazy 'cause of drugs. And I don't think it would be that awesome if 3 Mid-Age-Man (or whatever I should call them) were high on speed and stuff :D

Nahh, y'know? it's just that it would've been nice to be old enough around that era to go and see them live :)

I have seen them in every era, from the first time in 1991 in Petaluma up to last year. All the shows are great! The pre-dookie era was fun. Dookie era was a blast too.

Small shows to large arenas it is still great to Green Day in any era.

Nahh, y'know? it's just that it would've been nice to be old enough around that era to go and see them live :)

Yeha totally! :D I'd love to be a teenager in that era :wub: I was just talking about the future. It's good they stoped taking that shit. That's what I meant :)

Yeha totally! :D I'd love to be a teenager in that era :wub: I was just talking about the future. It's good they stoped taking that shit. That's what I meant :)

If they carried on taking what they used to, I very much doubt that they'd be here today :P

I wish I could reach through my computer screen and slap you for using greentext outside of 4chan. Cut that shit out.

I think the trilogy era will have really fun live shows. I always feel like I'd want to see them in the latest era because there are just so many new songs I'd want to hear.

Defensive about your secret little club? It's been on the news since 2007. 4chan is mainstream whether you like it or not .

Definitely Dookie or Insomniac. Especially the '95 must have been epic, so much anger and emotion happening. Love that.

I always wanted to see them during the Warning era, i remember watching the "live without warning" show one night and being blown away.

The whole stage destruction at the end must have been awesome to watch.

I nearly got to see them around i think 2001 time in London but my Uncle couldn't take me in the end because of work and i wasn't allowed to go on my own. So i missed out and had to wait a few more years to see them.

Warning or Nimrod I think. They rarely play some of those songs now and it would've been great to see them.

But seeing them on the 21CB tour was actually awesome and would probably have been one of my choices if I hadn't.

Nimrod or Warning. Having watched performances like the Bridge School Benefit gig and the Bizzare Festival peformance, I think they had really reached a point where they had mastered the art of thrilling a crowd but the concerts were small enough to maintain a sense of intimacy. Plus, I would have been able to hear Billie scream in Take Back live.

AI and the 21 CB tour were exhilarating from what YouTube videos tell me, and they were able to just keep on thrilling a crowd, but the concert venues got so huge and popular that I guess unless you got a good space on the floor, you wouldn't really have a great experience.

As it stands, I'm yet to see them live. :( I'm just praying for a full UK tour. :ermm:

I would have enjoyed seeing them during 1039 or kerplunk era even tho I wasn't born yet :P Also when they were at wood stock! That looked like such a fun show in the mud was born but I was an infant lol. So.....I just can't wait till tour 2013 :D

I've already seen them during the American idiot tour.

• 1 month later...

I would have loved to see them during the American Idiot era. I sooooo missed out on that because I didn't even know they existed then. :cry: Where was I living? Under a rock? :fool:

Archived