In which era would you have liked to see Green Day live?

Speechless & Redundant

I got to see them here in Santiago during the 21st Century Breakdown tour, which was actually awesome because more than a concert it was a complete entertainment show.

But I think the Dookie era concerts must have been an uncontrollable energy, and the Nimrod era mainly because I would've loved to hear songs like Redundant or The Grouch live. Also I would love to see them play the trilogy live when BJ gets back from rehab.

Anyway, I think all of Green Day eras have something special to give.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like to have seen them on the 93 shows or during the insomniac tour.. there was so much anger on that shows.. which is awesome

Anytime, I still haven't seen them!
But if I had to pick I'd probably go with American Idiot, Nimrod, Warning then Trilogy, maybe. :)

Nimrod! Without doubt, but also AI and Dookie :P

Actually, If I got to choose, I would've seen every fucking show they've ever played.

All of them.

Oh yes!..This is off topic, but I've noticed that you are always the first person to comment in like, every thread :lol:

I'm very happy that I saw them during the 21stCBD tour, since I think that was one of the greatest GD eras live, but I would have liked to see them during the Nimrod/Warning and 39 smooth/Kerplunk eras too, because the shows seemed to be very spontaneous, and I really love that!

But I believe that this tour right now will be freaking awesome! :D

warning era and AI era the shows were quite boring... but any other era would be nice..

and i'm glad to have seen them during the last tour because the shoe lenght and the setlist were awesome

Anytime, I still haven't seen them!

But if I had to pick I'd probably go with American Idiot, Nimrod, Warning then Trilogy, maybe. :)

The trilogy concerts were basically 21CB without special effects. At least the one I went to.

edit: And without drunk bunny :angry

The trilogy concerts were basically 21CB without special effects. At least the one I went to.

Maybe, but I think they may be preparing something big for the next year tour.

1039/Kerplunk era because of clubs they played in and it would be interesting to be able to compare Green Day in early 90's and now.

Dookie

NImrod

AI

Trilogy - I love the solos they play. I think it's more interesting than when they focus more on the show...

Probably Nimrod, so I could see Billie do his routine "King for a Day" performance

Pre-Dookie era when they were still playing small venues and still allowed to perform at 924 Gilman. I think they would be way better in a small venue than in an arena concert.

As cool as it would be to say you were at late 80s or early 90s shows, you'd be kidding yourself if you'd think those were actually "good" shows. They would last 40 minutes, play poorly, and have a lot of technical difficulties. It's fun to watch on youtube now as fans of a big rock band, seeing the band have such a casual relationship with the crowd and everything, but I hardly think I would have enjoyed the show itself. I agree that they might be better NOW in a small venue, but back then, just a promising but still new garage band. And nowadays I'd KILL to be in a small room with Green Day having technical difficulties and all the unpredictability and amateurish, but that's because I'm a huge fan now. That huge fan thing probably wouldn't have existed then, so people wouldn't be like "Awww, how cute, Billie broke the amp!"

I'm pretty happy with having seen them during the 21st century... They've gotten better over time, but they're still young. Right now is definitely the prime time to see these guys, because they won't be young forever. Though Springsteen still does 5 hour shows every night, so here's hoping :lol:

Dookie era. I would give anything to be watching Billie during his on-stage acid trips.

Archived