Am I the only one who feels that the Ashley/Baby Eyes transition is similar to the one in Jinx/Haushinka?

Speechless & Redundant

I actually missed this kind of transitions, the ones in 21BC weren't that natural.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^What Cat said^

Maybe it's not meant to be a transition like Give Me Novacaine/She's A Rebel, but both songs sound pretty good together.

Since the first time it reminded me of Jinx/Haushinka.

So it IS only me hahaha

I love the transition from See You Tonight into Fuck Time but I don't really see the Ashley/Baby Eyes one. (I agree they do sound good together though. :))

I've always heard transitions between See You Tonight and Fuck Time, same with Ashley and Baby Eyes. The good thing about them, though, is they sound just as good on their own, whereas the end of Jinx/start of Haushinka sound a little strange when not played together.

I've always heard transitions between See You Tonight and Fuck Time, same with Ashley and Baby Eyes. The good thing about them, though, is they sound just as good on their own, whereas the end of Jinx/start of Haushinka sound a little strange when not played together.

I agree.

I actually missed this kind of transitions, the ones in 21BC weren't that natural.

Well Last Of The American Girls/Murder City is pretty natural, I think.

I agree.

actually I was thinking of that one when I said that they were kind of unnatural xD but maybe it's just me.

I think the only noticing transition in the trilogy is See You Tonight to Fuck Time...

This being said, I think they should have added a couple more just because the fans love them and it tends to give the album more life. My favorite transition is Chump to Longview and I think it gives an album "chapters" in the set of songs.

actually I was thinking of that one when I said that they were kind of unnatural xD but maybe it's just me.

Oh, okay. I guess we have different opinions then :P

I agree.

Agree on that. I thought Murder City into Little Girl worked okay too.

Agree on that. I thought Murder City into Little Girl worked okay too.

Yeah, but it's not so easy to hear

Yeah, I can see the Ashley/Baby Eyes thing...it's like at the end of the song he just yells "GO!" and they start playing the next one. Gah, this is why we need live shows. I'd love to see it played that way.

Yeah, I can see the Ashley/Baby Eyes thing...it's like at the end of the song he just yells "GO!" and they start playing the next one. Gah, this is why we need live shows. I'd love to see it played that way.

Yeah, just like they did with 21st Century Breakdown and Know Your Enemy in the last tour.

Hope they play Ashley and Baby Eyes together when they come back.

As far as I know there aren't any transitions in the trilogy.

Wrong. (See You Tonight/Fuck Time, Ashley/Baby Eyes)

They got the track listing SPOT ON when they put Ashley/Baby eyes back to back, it works so well! I agree with whoever said that Jinx/Hashunika works well together but they don't sound so good on their own (although, Hashunika is my favourite song off Nimrod :P)

Don't Christians Inferno fade into Last Night On Earth>

Yes. So does Last of the American Girls into Murder City, Murder City leads into ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl), then Little Girl fades into Restless Heart Syndrome. Horseshoes and Handgrenades fades into The Static Age, which goes into 21 Guns, and finally 21 Guns fades into American Eulogy.

Everyone know a transition is Brain Stew/Jaded :P

for a second there i thought i was the only one that remembered the transition between Brain stew-jaded glad you posted

You compared the worst song on Dos to the best on Nimrod. Words cannot express...

the worst song? you think see you tonight is better??and most importantly you think Nightlife is better than Ashley-baby eyes..after all its just a matter of opinion

Yes. So does Last of the American Girls into Murder City, Murder City leads into ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl), then Little Girl fades into Restless Heart Syndrome. Horseshoes and Handgrenades fades into The Static Age, which goes into 21 Guns, and finally 21 Guns fades into American Eulogy.

yeah green day is the master of transitions

yeah green day is the master of transitions

I'd actually give that honor to Pink Floyd. The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, etc., all had a boatload of songs that transitioned perfectly into the next. I love it. Makes everything feel like it's all one giant song when you listen to the albums in their entirety.

Archived