Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Dubstep - Real music?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

Oh, okay then, I take that back

CameronM.

CameronM.
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Joined May 10, 2012
  • 6 rep
Alright man, sorry for the misunderstand. No hard feelings?

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

Of course :)

pasalacquaian

pasalacquaian
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2012
  • 193 rep
In a literal and technical sense, yes

In a emotional, physical and human sense, no

(Sorry if I go on a bit of a rant here)

In an emotional, physical and human
sense dupstep is actually music. It's just that unlike many other genres of music it isn't as obvious when it comes to the emotion behind whatever drove the artist to make that song. I understand that at a brief glance dupstep might seem like a bunch of crap that in no one's right mind would be considered music, I really do. But if you give it a chance and listen to some of the better dubstep songs/artists out there you'll see what I mean. The music is just really.....raw and powerful (for the lack of a better description).

So before you label dubstep as not being 'real' music, give it a closer look. You'll be surprised at what you might find

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

I'm not against it by the way

I don't know, I just see it as a pale imitation of techno and electronica music

Malleus

Malleus
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • Joined Jan 30, 2010
  • 1,517 rep
In a literal and technical sense, yes

In a emotional, physical and human sense, no

lol

Azthenia

Azthenia
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined Feb 17, 2012
  • 64 rep
The definition of music, as according to the dictionary: The art or science of combining vocal or instrument sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

By this definition, no dubstep is not music. I don't like it, but pop and rap is, by definition, music. But dubstep is not.

By that definition, dubstep is quite clearly music!

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Joined Apr 11, 2009
  • 669 rep
You see, opinion (I.e. emotional, physical and human sense) differs from person to person. People who like dubstep will say it is, people who don't like will say its not, therefore it would be pointless to give a personal opinion. Call it being rational.

Well not really. I don't like any dubstep but I wouldn't say it's not music just because I don't like it, that would be silly.

Strayheart1219

Strayheart1219
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined Nov 27, 2012
  • 229 rep

Dubstep is kind of my guilty pleasure. Real music? Haha that has a definition? Asking what real music is stupid because everyone has their own belief on what real music actually is. Now if you're asking is it not real music because it's played with a laptop well that is also a dumb question. Dubstep is it's own genre of fucking music so it just always wins, always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users