Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols takes a Dig at GD

Akshat

He's just awful, he's a bitter old man with bitter goals in life

He was a young boy that had big plans...now he's just another shitty old man :P

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be stupid, but this is the reason I hate the Sex Pistols. Not JUST because he hates Green Day, but because he's a bitter old man. I can't enjoy music from someone like that.

He hates Green Day so much because they went and did the new version of what the Sex Pistols did, and made it way bigger than they ever did. Plain and simple. Too many people go and get pissed off by the success of a band rather than the band's performance.

Not saying this because they've been dissing Green Day, but The Sex Pistols are a god-awful band. They deserve 0% of the praise they have achieved and are about as musically talented as your average X-Factor contestant.

That's a bit too much saying "They deserve 0% of the praise they have achieved and are about as musically talented as your average X-Factor contestant."

They made the album which made punk music start in the UK.

Lol, that's the best bid of trying to stay relevant to the world I've seen in a long time, wait a sec....my toast has just popped.

No, I'm not using Countrylife.

He was a young boy that had big plans...now he's just another shitty old man :P

Now that you say it, it's very possible they wrote "The Grouch" about him :mellow:

That's a bit too much saying "They deserve 0% of the praise they have achieved and are about as musically talented as your average X-Factor contestant."

Just because they're the first doesn't stop them from being the worst.

I'd even go so far as to say they were less talented. They were 99% attitude, 1% musical skill. Glen Matlock was the only one with an ounce of talent, and they kicked him out and replaced him with Sid Vicious. Nuff said.

And as far as starting punk in the UK goes, all they did was piss people off for attention. They were influential trolls.

PUNK icon John Lydon has attacked US rockers Green Day as foolish. Lydon, 56, who performed as Johnny Rotten in the Sex Pistols, said Green Day are vacuous and play watered-down music.

Interivew:

What do you think of new punk rock bands?

I hope you don't mean Green Day.

I could add Green Day to the list.

Good. I'll explain it like this: There is a coathanger with leather jackets and studs. A vacuous statement.

Previously done better, didn't need to be duplicated and watered-down. That's the present Green Day.

I don't believe them at all. I find them very foolish. I chased them out of a room once.

Why?

Because they turned up at a fashion award which I didn't believe in, and couldn't believe they believed in being there.

This really sucks because Sex Pistols have been a source of inspiration for Green Day BUT their members regularly take digs at them.I even remember Billie wearing a Sex Pistols T Shirt once in a photo for instagram. I don't understand why these guys hate Green Day so much.Rotten took a dig at Jay-Z too, but I dont care about him.What's your say on it?

Source:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/punk-legend-johnny-rotten-takes-aim-at-green-day-and-jay-z/story-e6frf9hf-1226542422237

I see it's time for the has-been to take his annual piss...

More importantly, why is Johnny Rotten still being interviewed about anything anymore.

For someone who bitches so much about one band, I've never heard him say that "Oh I sat down and talked to them blah blah blah". Seems someone's being a bit judgemental Mr. Rotten. Also Mr. Rotten, for someone complaining about the band being at a fashion show, why were you at the same fashion show supposedly "chasing them out of their room?"

Long story short, Johnny Rotten is one big ball of hypocrisy.

Not saying this because they've been dissing Green Day, but The Sex Pistols are a god-awful band. They deserve 0% of the praise they have achieved and are about as musically talented as your average X-Factor contestant.

"Actually we're not into music. We're into chaos." -Steve Jones :P

Coming from a man whose career, life and identity was created by Malcolm McLaren solely to sell clothes, this is pretty ironic.

Johnny and Malcolm never got along very well. Johnny had his own thing going on before they even met and that's why Malcolm hired him into the band in the first place.

Johnny Rotten dissing GD? Again? Doesn't that ever get old for him? :lol: This kind of talk from such a wasted old geezer stopped annoying me ages ago.

Good to know i'm not the only one who realized this. The Clash shat all over the Pistols. Why am i even comparing a band like the Clash to the Pistols? Maybe because the latter are seen as THE British punk band when the former should be. That said, i am rather partial to God Save The Queen. As for the band members, God what little attention-seeking, aggravating ticks.

Blah, blah, blah. This is deja vu. It's not the first time John has slipped Green Day into a bitch fest, and it won't be the last.

Show business is what it says on the tin, people do and say things to get attention, anyone with any sense takes it all with a pinch of salt. Saying John or the Sex Pistols were/are shit just because you don't like what he says is worse than him bitching about other bands. At least he has an audience, all the whiners have is this forum.

:P

This isn't news, it happens about once a month.

I think he is pissed because of the commercial sucess Green Day has aquired in such less time.Sex Pistols have sold hardly 1/10th albums of what Green Day has.OR MAYBE He does not like the fact that Green Day is wayy more popular than him.Honestly, I did'nt even know of the Sex Pistols except for God Save the queen, and that green day likes them.

I'd even go so far as to say they were less talented. They were 99% attitude, 1% musical skill. Glen Matlock was the only one with an ounce of talent, and they kicked him out and replaced him with Sid Vicious. Nuff said.

And as far as starting punk in the UK goes, all they did was piss people off for attention. They were influential trolls.

Ha, it's funny cos Vicious couldn't even play bass. Sure, the idea of punk is supposedly that the band members can't even play their own instruments but he just takes this ideal to a whole other level... Didn't they even have to get in some other bass player to record the album? Or was that Matlock?

I think he is pissed because of the commercial sucess Green Day has aquired in such less time.Sex Pistols have sold hardly 1/10th albums of what Green Day has.OR MAYBE He does not like the fact that Green Day is wayy more popular than him.Honestly, I did'nt even know of the Sex Pistols except for God Save the queen, and that green day likes them.
Sex Pistols was nothing but commercial success though.

Ha, it's funny cos Vicious couldn't even play bass. Sure, the idea of punk is supposedly that the band members can't even play their own instruments but he just takes this ideal to a whole other level... Didn't they even have to get in some other bass player to record the album? Or was that Matlock?

Some of the songs from "Never Mind the Bollocks" were released as singles before...so when the album came out it was almost a compilation of their previous singles (with matlock on bass) and new tracks played by Sid. I think that maybe some of the bass lines were recorded by Steve Jones too

Matlock recorded Never Mind The Bollocks.. and then was immediately kicked out on account of his "wanky Beatles chords". And then came Vicious. Most of the time they just turned his amp off at shows.

Most of the time they just turned his amp off at shows.

Yeah anyone who does this has absolutely no right to talk shit about another band

PUNK icon John Lydon has attacked US rockers Green Day as foolish. Lydon, 56, who performed as Johnny Rotten in the Sex Pistols, said Green Day are vacuous and play watered-down music.

Interivew:

What do you think of new punk rock bands?

I hope you don't mean Green Day.

I could add Green Day to the list.

Good. I'll explain it like this: There is a coathanger with leather jackets and studs. A vacuous statement.

Previously done better, didn't need to be duplicated and watered-down. That's the present Green Day.

I don't believe them at all. I find them very foolish. I chased them out of a room once.

Why?

Because they turned up at a fashion award which I didn't believe in, and couldn't believe they believed in being there.

This really sucks because Sex Pistols have been a source of inspiration for Green Day BUT their members regularly take digs at them.I even remember Billie wearing a Sex Pistols T Shirt once in a photo for instagram. I don't understand why these guys hate Green Day so much.Rotten took a dig at Jay-Z too, but I dont care about him.What's your say on it?

Source:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/punk-legend-johnny-rotten-takes-aim-at-green-day-and-jay-z/story-e6frf9hf-1226542422237

Don't even worry about that.

That's all he's been doing for the last 30 years...talking shit about other bands that are more succesful than his was.

He's been dissing Green Day since '94...so...that's old news.

I love the Sex Pistols...but Johnny is just ridiculous.

He's a bitter old man who doens't like the establishment and, at the same time, sells butter for a living instead of making music.

He claims to have started punk rock...but he forgets the Ramones were there doing it way before his band started and long after his band ended.

The only reason they still interview him is because of statements like that one...that will sell magazines...cause good music he hasn't made in a long time...I mean...PIL is back...but for me they always sucked.

Green Day is 100x better than the Sex Pistols ever were...and I'm saying this as a fan of both bands.

Some of the songs from "Never Mind the Bollocks" were released as singles before...so when the album came out it was almost a compilation of their previous singles (with matlock on bass) and new tracks played by Sid. I thin that maybe some of the bass lines were recorded by Steve Jones too

Matlock recorded Never Mind The Bollocks.. and then was immediately kicked out on account of his "wanky Beatles chords". And then came Vicious. Most of the time they just turned his amp off at shows.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Wanky Beatles chords... lol.

searching on wikipedia now..

the only bass line recorded by Sid was "Bodies" the other ones were recorded by Glen and Steve

Archived