Kill The DJ in Zane Low's Hottest Tracks of 2012

Akshat

Green Day, Foals and Muse have all been included in Zane Lowe’s list of his 100 Hottest Tracks Of 2012 – but they were beaten to the top spot by Swedish House Mafia member Sebastian Ingrosso.

Green Day’s track ‘Kill The DJ’ was in second place, ahead of Foals’ taster for their forthcoming new album, the track ‘Inhaler’, while Swedish House Mafia’s track featuring John Martin, ‘Don’t You Worry Child’, was in fourth. Enter Shikari came fifth with ‘Arguing With Thermometers’ and Skrillex was at seven with ‘Breakn’ A Sweat’, while Muse had two tracks in the top 10 – ‘Madness’ at number eight and ‘Survival’ at 10

The top 10 tracks on Zane Lowe’s Hottest Tracks Of 2012 were as follows:

1. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso – ‘Calling’
2. Green Day – ‘Kill The DJ’
3. Foals – ‘Inhaler’
4. Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin – ‘Don’t You Worry Child’
5. Enter Shikari – ‘Arguing With Thermometers’
6. MONSTA – ‘Holdin’ On (Skrillex & Nero Remix)’
7. Skrillex – ‘Breakn’ A Sweat (Zedd Remix)’
8. Muse – ‘Madness’
9. Feed Me & Crystal Fighters – ‘Love Is All I Got’
10. Muse – ‘Survival’

Source: http://www.nme.in/green-day-muse-and-foals-included-in-zane-lowes-hottest-tracks-of-2012-poll/

Why kill the DJ? There were many tracks from their new albums that were better than Kill the DJ

It's good news I guess - i know there was a fan vote option so everyone who voted did well (i didn't :) )

i think Kill the DJ was the only Green Day song Radio 1 nominated for the vote so i'm sure if Stay the Night was made a single and included there it would've won

Why Kill The DJ ?more succes Oh Love have :shok:

Perso, I think Kill the DJ is a better song than Oh Love. The lyrics are a little weak but the guitar & the bass lines are good. I needed to step back to realize it.

Says a lot about the people who listen to Zane Lowe's radio show if that's their top 10 songs of the year.

It's kill the DJ 'cos every night, Zane plays a new 'hottest record in the world,' and it was chosen during the show where he did a phone interview with Billie. This list was made up solely of every hottest record this year.

"Arguing with thermometers" and "Kill the DJ" are the only songs that are worth listening to on that list..

It doesn't seem like a very good list. Out of three albums the best Green Day song was Kill the DJ? I don't think so. It's catchy and I like it a lot but there are a ton of other, better songs. In my opinion, of course.

Archived