How old are some of the Trilogy songs?

FoxboroBoy93

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have brains enough to log onto a forum you should be smart enough to read the rules and discover that we eat people using "u" as you and "r" as are here.

3889216098_65db31322b.jpg

Really if you are going to bitch about someone using the word "u" instead of "you" then you obviously have nothing better to do. He was also asking a logical question!

Really if you are going to bitch about someone using the word "u" instead of "you" then you obviously have nothing better to do. He was also asking a logical question!
It's fun that you take it personal. Read the rules. If new members sees how he/she writes, it's gonna make other new members confident that it's allowed, and that makes it harder for people who doesn't have English as their first language to read and understand.

Can we move past this? Or am I gonna have to insult your parents?

False, Cavallo said that C&V had a Nimrod/Warning vibe. It had around 20 tracks, till nowadays we just know: Shoplifter, Too much too soon, Walk away, Cigarettes and Valentines (Live). Also, there is a rumor that Brutal Love would be a song which previously was called "Drop out" which was on C&V sessions (It is just speculation)

Was I the first to suggest that Brutal Love could be Drop Out, or did someone else say that? :D

It's fun that you take it personal. Read the rules. If new members sees how he/she writes, it's gonna make other new members confident that it's allowed, and that makes it harder for people who doesn't have English as their first language to read and understand.

go ahead insult away im just saying one use of the word "u" is not going to hurt anyone you didnt need to freak out

Lol. His mother is so fat, she heard they were building a new Taco Bell and she rolled down the street to go check it out!

Sorry, I suck at Yo Mamma jokes, but couldnt resist

go ahead insult away im just saying one use of the word "u" is not going to hurt anyone you didnt need to freak out
Not freaking out, just pointing the person in question in the right direction. If you wanna bitch more, send me a PM.

"People who DON'T have English as their first language"

Really helping out the foreigners with that one.

Seriously though, you should try to not be one of "those" mods, the ones that are totally power crazy.

Was I the first to suggest that Brutal Love could be Drop Out, or did someone else say that? :D

I don't think Drop Out would be a great song title for that. I doubt Billie would name a song like that this.

Anyways in regards to the actual topic, some of these songs have much older vibes to them than others. Not just "we aimed for an older sound" kind of thing, but that they could have come straight off of Nimrod or Kerplunk. I can't wait to get the interviews after this little rehab break that further explain the tracks themselves. I feel like we missed out on a lot of those little fan bonus'.

"People who DON'T have English as their first language"

Really helping out the foreigners with that one.

Seriously though, you should try to not be one of "those" mods, the ones that are totally power crazy.

English isn't my first language. Don't condemn me for doing what I'm supposed to. Get back on topic, if you still want to bitch with me, send me a PM.

Not freaking out, just pointing the person in question in the right direction. If you wanna bitch more, send me a PM.

Ha Ha . You still don't acknowledge the fact that you are being a total dick to him and if you take the time to pull the stick out of your ass you will realize that this is a forum where we discuss green day related topics its not a well corrected ,grammar checked, editorial website. so just calm down and don't throw a fit when things don't go your way, and to quote the Rolling Stones "You cant always get what you want"

~Now if you wish to bitch further feel free to PM me~

It was you my friend. You thought about that possibility and I think it is quite possible.

I like how the thread is more of arguing then about the actual topic itself.

(Which the topic is actually pretty good)

and my personal theory.

The song "Amanda" might be pretty old,not only because of the Nimrod vibe or anything about it,but Billie mentioned at the Austin Red7 Show that

he has written numerous songs about this woman,Being as old as "She" and as Latest as "Whatsername" .

So I just think "Amanda" might be an older song,or the possibility of being one.

English isn't my first language. Don't condemn me for doing what I'm supposed to. Get back on topic, if you still want to bitch with me, send me a PM.

1) I already posted on topic

2) You are making the thread MORE off topic

Doing what you are supposed to do? God I am so sick of several Mods on this site. There are a few that seem totally fine, then there are a couple who just run through the site being completely condescending, rude, and just all around unfriendly.

Correcting a guy for using "u'" over "you" is just crazy. It might make it harder for foreigners only if this ONE site is the only English speaking site they frequent.

In the end, I seriously contemplate dropping this site because of these mods that have severe power issues.

I like how the thread is more of arguing then about the actual topic itself.

(Which the topic is actually pretty good)

D-D-Damn straight! ( I actually said that out loud that way, made it more fun)

I'm really looking forward to what others say about these songs. The Drop Out thing hadn't even occured to me, and I totally forgot about "Stop when the red lights flash baby" in the covers for 21st Century Breakdown.

Also, X-Kid really feels like a Warning-AI track to me. Not sure why.

1) I already posted on topic

2) You are making the thread MORE off topic

Doing what you are supposed to do? God I am so sick of several Mods on this site. There are a few that seem totally fine, then there are a couple who just run through the site being completely condescending, rude, and just all around unfriendly.

Correcting a guy for using "u'" over "you" is just crazy. It might make it harder for foreigners only if this ONE site is the only English speaking site they frequent.

In the end, I seriously contemplate dropping this site because of these mods that have severe power issues.

thank you for this, this is exactly what i've been saying and i find it funny that he doesn't admit to not being power crazy:)

I think think thread's done. Someone should lock it before it gets violent :ninja:

I was listening to Thats All Right an realized that The intro to "Stay the Night" sounds like the solo from "Another State of Mind".

woah guys, what's even your problem?

...okay, maybe it was a bit rude of how Sarcasm wrote it, but when i first read it i had to laugh, i thought it would be rather ironically than angry...not sure how he really meant it but i'm sure it wasn't meant rude at all...

maybe it is redundant to correct someone when he writes "u" instead of "you", okay, but you all gotta see that it's really his job to look after such things and i'm sure you all would hate it if the whole forum was all like "yo sup guyz n' gals?"

(though yeah, Sarcasm, that really was a bit exaggerated)

but what annoys me the most is not that any mod exaggerates anything (or as someone said "being power crazy") or that the one being "offended" (or at least feels like it) answers and likes to defend themselves but that there starts a long argument on how stupid the other one was and how dumb the mods are etc (and not just from the offended one but from everyone visiting the site)...and that not only on this topic but also anywhere else on the forum...

come oooon -.-

okay, sorry for being off topic myself, but it's really annoying me at the moment, i used to love this forum - also cos it was the only forum without massive spam.

now on topic:

I only know that Fuck Time is pretty old and Stay The Night, Drama Queen...and Amanda might also be pretty old as it's about his ex-girlfriend but that's just speculation...

Really off topic but i saw somewhere that the stop when the red lights flash thing symbolized people not liking green days new direction when american idiot came out and that green day was considering giving up, but didnt and made one of the best records in their careers

... OMG... they were playing That´s alright mama...? I used to be a huuuuuuge Elvis-Fan, and this makes me an even bigger GD-Fan... :wub:

Archived