How old are some of the Trilogy songs?

FoxboroBoy93

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they said it somewhere

They said that there was a song written for C&V that was called Walk Away. However, that was over 10 years ago. I think it's unlikely that it's the same song.

They said that there was a song written for C&V that was called Walk Away. However, that was over 10 years ago. I think it's unlikely that it's the same song.

I recall reading in some 2012 interview that Walk Away was a song from C&V.

That's what I been saying

Others will hit "why would they name another song with that title" remarks but it's really not uncommon to happen escp with a band with such a huge catalog of songs (example Kurt Cobain has used the title "Verse Chorus Verse" with 3 totally different songs)

I recall reading in some 2012 interview that Walk Away was a song from C&V.

I have never seen ANY where they said that

The c&v speculation began on this board I believe tman was the first to say it

That's what I been saying

Others will hit "why would they name another song with that title" remarks but it's really not uncommon to happen escp with a band with such a huge catalog of songs (example Kurt Cobain has used the title "Verse Chorus Verse" with 3 totally different songs)

This. Songs are ridiculously hard to name for some artists. In my case, I've named about 3 different songs "Burnt Biscuits."

Thanks, Céadóg and Foxboroboy93! Though I prefer Elvis´Sun-recording version it´s nice to know GD honored him and Arthur Crudup. So sweet. :)

Thanks, Céadóg and Foxboroboy93! Though I prefer Elvis´Sun-recording version it´s nice to know GD honored him and Arthur Crudup. So sweet. :)

Lol no prob ^^ I hope Dreamcatcher gets released sometime soon... i freakin love that song...

It's pretty neat that Walk Away is from Cigarettes and Valentines. It's a great song, obviously C&V was going to be an amazing album.

It's pretty neat that Walk Away is from Cigarettes and Valentines. It's a great song, obviously C&V was going to be an amazing album.

We dont know that it is from c&v we just know the title...

Oh. I thought I read that it was confirmed in an interview. Well, that's what someone on here said. :pinch:

Oh. I thought I read that it was confirmed in an interview. Well, that's what someone on here said. :pinch:

No has not been confirmed

Only speculated

This post is REALLY random, but I REALLY think that, in one way or another, we're going to hear a version of C&V someday. The full album.

When bands write songs (and are as far into album production as Green Day supposedly was when the masters were "stolen"/lost), they don't just forget them...the songs wouldn't have magically disappeared from memory. BJ wrote them, pitched them to the band, worked them out, and recorded rough versions of them. "Stolen" masters or not, the songs are still there...even the original written-out lyric sheets. I bet BJ still has those. Unless C&V was just a fucking horrid album (which I doubt the band would've put so far into production), there's no way it's gone forever. The fact that AI came RIGHT after that period means that, obviously, the band would've wanted to focus on AI and not try and re-do an old album.

The point is that those songs still exist. As unpredictable as Green Day is, there's no way they let those rest forever. The fact that the song "C&V" came back last tour means that they're still thinking about them, even if only in a fleeting sort of way. They re-recorded known C&V songs like "Too Much Too Soon" and "Shoplifter" later, so why wouldn't/couldn't they do the rest at some point? Unless they've grown too far away from the concepts, which I think seems unlikely, C&V isn't gone forever.

This post is REALLY random, but I REALLY think that, in one way or another, we're going to hear a version of C&V someday. The full album.

When bands write songs (and are as far into album production as Green Day supposedly was when the masters were "stolen"/lost), they don't just forget them...the songs wouldn't have magically disappeared from memory. BJ wrote them, pitched them to the band, worked them out, and recorded rough versions of them. "Stolen" masters or not, the songs are still there...even the original written-out lyric sheets. I bet BJ still has those. Unless C&V was just a fucking horrid album (which I doubt the band would've put so far into production), there's no way it's gone forever. The fact that AI came RIGHT after that period means that, obviously, the band would've wanted to focus on AI and not try and re-do an old album.

The point is that those songs still exist. As unpredictable as Green Day is, there's no way they let those rest forever. The fact that the song "C&V" came back last tour means that they're still thinking about them, even if only in a fleeting sort of way. They re-recorded known C&V songs like "Too Much Too Soon" and "Shoplifter" later, so why wouldn't/couldn't they do the rest at some point? Unless they've grown too far away from the concepts, which I think seems unlikely, C&V isn't gone forever.

I definitely see them doing this while on break after the trilogy. It wouldn't even have to be an official release through any label, just a digital "Thank you for sticking with us through all the craziness of Uno-Dos-Tre!" sort of pack. Completely free, all re-recorded at home in Billies studio, or on the cheap. I think it would rock! We'd get to hear all of those songs but really raw and maybe heavy, more in the lines of Dookie/Nimrod, something a lot of fans wanted but didn't get from the trilogy.

I hope that you and I are right my friend, as that would be the greatest "don't leave us for fucking up the US tour" present ever xD Even if it is 2-3 years down the road and only 10 tracks.

Hell, look at what My Chemical Romance is doing right now; they're releasing 5 singles, a total of 10 tracks, over the course of 5 months. Obviously, a single per month. Those tracks are all B-Sides to their last album. If there are only 10-12 C&V songs we don't know, then why not do that? Personally I felt Too Much Too Soon and Shoplifter were awesome songs, 2 of my favorites, but clearly didn't fit with AI.

Was I the first to suggest that Brutal Love could be Drop Out, or did someone else say that? :D

If it helps, this picture that Jack posted on this thread (http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/91778-billie-joes-handwritten-trilogy-lyric-sheets-w-alt-lyricstitles-a-few-new-songs/) from ¡Quatro! shows Brutal Love and then has 'ROP OUT' written at the bottom, which I assume is Drop Out with the D cut off.

http://i.imgur.com/1tEPE.jpg

Archived