How old are some of the Trilogy songs?

FoxboroBoy93

So I was listening to Green Day's cover of "That's All Right" by Elvis from the 21st Century Breakdown iTunes pre-order (It's here if you haven't heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZIG_4ZNVE

and around 1:14, he says "Stop When the Red Lights Flash baby."

Maybe some of these songs weren't all made this past 2 years :/ (Other than Carpe Diem and Stay the Night, I know about those, lol)

Just a thought, wanted to see what you guys think.

: D

(P.S. This was the best quality video I could find, lol)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drama Queen was performed during the 21cb tour

And Walk Away is from Cigarettes and Valentines

Where did u hear that Walk Away is from C&V?

If you have brains enough to log onto a forum you should be smart enough to read the rules and discover that we eat people using "u" as you and "r" as are here.

We don't know that for sure (what you said about Walk Away) and even if it is true, no one but the band themselves can confirm that it's the same song. Might just be same title.

If you have brains enough to log onto a forum you should be smart enough to read the rules and discover that we eat people using "u" as you and "r" as are here.

I figure everything beyond when we first heard a song or other hard evidence, is pure speculation. Some could be reused songs from 10 years ago, we will never know. I have thought about the "stop when the red lights flash" thing too, but it could be anything. Not enough for a good discussion. It's clearly a phrase stuck in Billie's head, as it's been used four times (on top of my head), but in which order and with what time gap the songs were made is unknown. What would be fun though, is to make a list of the order in which all the trilogy songs were first heard in one form or another. Drama Queen would be first on that if I'm not mistaken, followed by Stay The Night. Last would be DRB, assuming the majority heard Tré front-to-back.

Fuck Time and Drama Queen are pretty old, and i remember Billie holding up the lyrics to Amy back at a club show in 2011 so he could remember them

Didn't Billie Joe say at Storytellers that Walk Away was a song title on Cigarettes and Valentines?

Yeah but no ones if it the same song on tre or different with same title

Yeah but no ones if it the same song on tre or different with same title

Walk Away has a huge Warning vibe to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a much updated version of the lost track.

I actually think that many of the Trilogy songs are something like 2-3 years old. We all know that Green Day recorded first versions of some of them during 21stCB tour :confused::)

Walk Away has a huge Warning vibe to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a much updated version of the lost track.

I don't think so. I remember to read that songs on C&V were quick songs in the vein of Dookie & Insomniac. There was no Warning in it. So, I think they changed the song.

first thing i do when i log on to a forum is read the rules and regulations. just as i read the terms and conditions. so shut the fuck up and go back to doing shit mr. moderator.

I don't think so. I remember to read that songs on C&V were quick songs in the vein of Dookie & Insomniac. There was no Warning in it. So, I think they changed the song.

False, Cavallo said that C&V had a Nimrod/Warning vibe. It had around 20 tracks, till nowadays we just know: Shoplifter, Too much too soon, Walk away, Cigarettes and Valentines (Live). Also, there is a rumor that Brutal Love would be a song which previously was called "Drop out" which was on C&V sessions (It is just speculation)

first thing i do whem i log on to a forum is read the rules and regulations. just as i read the terms and conditions. so shut the fuck up and go back to doing shit mr. moderator.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

first thing i do whem i log on to a forum is read the rules and regulations. just as i read the terms and conditions. so shut the fuck up and go back to doing shit mr. moderator.
Oh you've read them? Can't be very smart then.

Archived