US rescheduled tour dates, Ticketmaster cancellation claims, and messages from venues

skindogfuss

Ticketmaster charges extra to mail you your tickets when you can print them for free at home. Obviously, I print them at home, but it's so much less special that having a ticket stub. But I'm not gonna be a wasteful weirdo and spend $10 to ship some pieces of paper.

Fortunately just got my AI Musical tickets and the theater mailed them free of charge :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ticketmaster charges extra to mail you your tickets when you can print them for free at home. Obviously, I print them at home, but it's so much less special that having a ticket stub. But I'm not gonna be a wasteful weirdo and spend $10 to ship some pieces of paper.

Fortunately just got my AI Musical tickets and the theater mailed them free of charge :)

i had the free shipping! Its under standard and i dont really trust the printer at home :mellow:

i had the free shipping! Its under standard and i dont really trust the printer at home :mellow:

Hmm I guess it wasn't an option for me? Well, I did have my mom buy the tickets at the time because I was at work, so maybe it was and she missed it, but now if I want them shipped I have to pay.

Yeah I like having physical tickets, but paperless is just easier. I would get too nervous with snail mail thinking they would get lost or something :S

I prefer printing them at home. Seems alot less risky.

Will call sucks! I feel so anxious to get them now! haha.

Is it weird I'm bummed we don't get to hold actual tickets? :sorry:

I get you; I had collected all my stubs up until that point.

I hate the bullshit "We're gonna charge you $2.50 to print them on your own printer," like, what the fuck? Personally, I'm paranoid they won't accept my ticket if I print it out myself, like, the barcode will have smeared or something. So, if I can, I like them to mail them to me.

I get you; I had collected all my stubs up until that point.

I hate the bullshit "We're gonna charge you $2.50 to print them on your own printer," like, what the fuck? Personally, I'm paranoid they won't accept my ticket if I print it out myself, like, the barcode will have smeared or something. So, if I can, I like them to mail them to me.

I tried to find any possible way on my account to change my preference or request that the tickets be shipped to me, but I don't see that as an option anywhere, like you had to choose it when you purchased and now it's too late. I don't see why it would be a problem, I mean, even if I had already printed them (which I haven't yet), having two copies of the same ticket wouldn't really be unethical? It's not like I could sneak more people in :lol: I'm not gonna bother calling customer service though.

I'm trying to get tickets for the Chicago show 3/28 would it be best to get the from Ticketmaster now even though the date says TBA or wait for the Idiot Club?

I'm trying to get tickets for the Chicago show 3/28 would it be best to get the from Ticketmaster now even though the date says TBA or wait for the Idiot Club?

I think I would go for ticketmaster. We all see have great IC is with updating stuff....which is awful

I think I would go for ticketmaster. We all see have great IC is with updating stuff....which is awful

NEWS UPDATE:

March 30 ... tickets for the beginning of the U.S. tour now available!

:rolleyes:

Ticketmaster mailed them to me for free. The free option was hidden, though.

Ticketmaster mailed them to me for free. The free option was hidden, though.

Really? Wow... those sneaky bastards.

NEWS UPDATE:

March 30 ... tickets for the beginning of the U.S. tour now available!

:rolleyes:

Oh Idiot Club you're cute sometimes. :rolleyes:

Got floor tickets for Chicago. I've waited 9 years to see this fucking band. This will be monumental and I'll get there ridiculously early.

Got floor tickets for Chicago. I've waited 9 years to see this fucking band. This will be monumental and I'll get there ridiculously early.
Go the Rosemont thread immediately and introduce yourself so you'll know who the other GDC'ers around you will be!! :) (Plus there might be a meet up. No details yet.)

Really? Wow... those sneaky bastards.

Yeah, it's often the fourth option on the list, amid the $25 UPS charges and the like. It really depends on the show. Most times my mail option is free, sometimes it's $2.50, sometimes nothing's free, sometimes print at home is only free, sometimes they charge you to use your own damn paper and ink to print your ticket, etc. I just bought a ticket last night for Gaslight Anthem and both printing at home and USPS was free (I picked USPS). Who the hell knows with Ticketmaster/Live Nation :lol:

Do you guys think it's better to be close to the stage and slightly higher up (midbowl) or lower bowl but all the way in the back? Because I'm thinking about switching tickets...

Edit: Ugh, I was too slow to decide so I lost the tickets and I think I should have taken them :( Ah well.

Do you guys think it's better to be close to the stage and slightly higher up (midbowl) or lower bowl but all the way in the back? Because I'm thinking about switching tickets...

Edit: Ugh, I was too slow to decide so I lost the tickets and I think I should have taken them :( Ah well.

Just in case you'll get another chance: I'd always prefer closer to the stage.

I don't think Green Day is going to come back to Seattle at all! Everything I found points to that not happening! I'm so sad and I miss them so much! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't think Green Day is going to come back to Seattle at all! Everything I found points to that not happening! I'm so sad and I miss them so much! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can you make it to Chicago? March 28th? I still have two tickets available, Section 113. My sister lives in Seattle, I was hoping to see their first show there. Please don't :cry:

Can you make it to Chicago? March 28th? I still have two tickets available, Section 113. My sister lives in Seattle, I was hoping to see their first show there. Please don't :cry:

I would say probably not. :sad: Although I do have family near Chicago (hardcore Republican Green Day haters), I don't have any money to afford plane tickets right now. It would be fantastic to go see them and meet another Green Day fan like you, though! I wish I could!

Not all Republicans are Green Day haters! Just saying! I just want to help my fellow Green Day fans! I wish you could come to Chicago too! I am sure they will play Seattle, and when they do I will be there too! It will happen, just be patient! In the meantime, you have us Chicago fans to post pics and vids! So much anticipation!

Archived