US rescheduled tour dates, Ticketmaster cancellation claims, and messages from venues

skindogfuss

I just checked ticketmaster and they show most of the canceled shows as canceled, but Las Vegas is still TBA. Maybe there is still hope!

I got refunded for WI and NH, but not Las Vegas. Best case scenario for me would be that date goes on as planned (2/8) because I'm going anyway, but that is extremely unlikely. However, if it actually happens later this year, I would love that too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolstein Center in Cleveland just released a press release saying it'll take 7-10 days for the money to come back onto our cards.

Woke up to yet another clusterfuck...

I purchased tickets to the RI show, then I checked ticketmaster this morning just to see if the VA show was up yet, and it WAS.

I had to go to the bank, take money out of my savings, purchase the tickets immediately, contact ticketmaster for the RI refund, and now I am seeing Green Day in VA.

DAMN, such a MESS!

but I'm so happy to be seeing them again!!!!!

AND it's only a 6 hour drive, as apposed to the 13 hour RI one! :D

Has anyone ever sat at the back of an indoor arena show before? I just looked at the virtual seating chart for the Barclays Center and even though I'm in the lower bowl it's all the way in the back, and I'm worried I won't be able to see a damn thing :( Do these shows usually have video screens too? I don't remember.

Has anyone ever sat at the back of an indoor arena show before? I just looked at the virtual seating chart for the Barclays Center and even though I'm in the lower bowl it's all the way in the back, and I'm worried I won't be able to see a damn thing :( Do these shows usually have video screens too? I don't remember.

my boyfriend has gone to Nets games at Barclay's center and said they have a good sized video screen and it is always on. I remember it being on for the MSG show, so it should be on.

my boyfriend has gone to Nets games at Barclay's center and said they have a good sized video screen and it is always on. I remember it being on for the MSG show, so it should be on.

Are you referring to the central overhead thing, or the screens on the left and right of the stage?

I wish Green Day would get someone like Cage the Elephant for the opening band...that would be epic.

I wish they would tour with MCR again. That would be awesome.

Some other bands I'd like to open for them:

Paramore

The Black Keys

Foster the People

Faber Drive (mainly because they reference Billie Joe in one of their songs)

Billy Talent

Marianas Trench

Hedley

Simple Plan

as long as i dont have to sit through AFI again, sigh.

or MCR

Yeah, I'm not super bummed I missed them tbh

Now just comes the reality of having to plan for hotels and cars and shit :lol:

I bought tickets for the allstate arena show on Monday and ticketmaster sent me a email letting me download Uno for free

I bought tickets for the allstate arena show on Monday and ticketmaster sent me a email letting me download Uno for free

:lol: I was actually wondering if that was still applicable

Are you referring to the central overhead thing, or the screens on the left and right of the stage?

the overhead thing

:lol: I was actually wondering if that was still applicable

I got two emails for free Uno's today since I went through and bought tickets two times. :lol:

I've purchased tickets 3 times, and I never got an Uno email. -_-

Not like it matters though, I think we all have plenty of copies. I got one the first time I bought tickets, then one with the box set, and the 3 digital downloads haha. :P

I just took a look at the GD official facebook page and look and the comments posting by people.
This is horrible whats some people are posting because of cancelled shows, things like;
''Damned alcoholic has to mess up his whole tour!''
''That's a shame. Don't even give a shit probably how many people they disappoint.''
''...cancelled 45 shows good luck with your rehab junkie i'll never ever listen to your music again so pissed''

People are going fucking crazy :o

I just took a look at the GD official facebook page and look and the comments posting by people.

This is horrible whats some people are posting because of cancelled shows, things like;

''That's a shame. Don't even give a shit probably how many people they disappoint.''

''...cancelled 45 shows good luck with your rehab junkie i'll never ever listen to your music again so pissed''

Horrible (but unsurprising), but at least when I feel a little shitty for being selfishly disappointed my show was canceled, I can think to myself, "At least I'm not as big of an asshole as these people."

In regards to some of the comments on the GD official facebook:

That's just so freaking rude. I'd rather wait for years for him to get back to a healtheir state, then to even think about what things could have been like if the tour would have gone on as scheduled. People need to think before they type. I understand the frustration (I had tickets to a concert that was cancelled), but some people need to grow up.

Brb. Killing time.

the overhead thing

It seems that Green Day have their own video screens that they use on the Arena tours.

• For the American Idiot tour, they had two large screens (one on each side of the stage). You can see this on the "Bullet In A Bible" DVD.

• For the 21st Century Breakdown Tour, they had a collection of screens on the stage. From what I remember, the video screens didn't focus on the band entirely. Rather, the footage was more theatrical showing media clips, city skylines, the band and even the audience (it was pretty cool)! You can see this on the "Awesome As Fuck" DVD.

I wonder what they have planned for the ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! tour...

EDIT: I just watched American Eulogy from Awesome As Fuck and it brought back the memories of what an awesome stage show Green Day had worked out for the 21st Century Tour. It's hard to imagine them beating it but I can't wait to be proven wrong ;-)

...and now you know one of the many reasons why I don't bother with (or give a fuck about) Facebook.

It would be nice if Green Day's official website showed the new tour dates. Still showing just overseas dates.

...and now you know one of the many reasons why I don't bother with (or give a fuck about) Facebook.

The bizarre thing is that Facebook is the one place where comments are NOT anonymous, people are saying these things with their full names attached. WEIRD. You'd think they'd spew this filth virtually everywhere else except Facebook :lol:

Sorry to get off the topic of Facebook (yes, those people who said those things SUCK). But...my show was cancelled and I had great seats. Errr. Wondering if it is worth it to try to get to Chicago, which entails plane tickets, hotel and not having great seats, but at least being there, being able to hear them, but being so far away I would hardly be able to see them? Or do I wait it out and wait for them to come back to my city someday??? Decisions, decisions.

Sorry to get off the topic of Facebook (yes, those people who said those things SUCK). But...my show was cancelled and I had great seats. Errr. Wondering if it is worth it to try to get to Chicago, which entails plane tickets, hotel and not having great seats, but at least being there, being able to hear them, but being so far away I would hardly be able to see them? Or do I wait it out and wait for them to come back to my city someday??? Decisions, decisions.

Small venue, some 100-level seats left last I checked. See what seats you can swing from Ticketmonster and then decide if it's worth it (personally, my feeling is if you have a chance to see Green Day live from anywhere, anyplace, it's gonna be worth the trip).

Archived