US rescheduled tour dates, Ticketmaster cancellation claims, and messages from venues

skindogfuss

I do mean media blitz. Not in the ridiculous WTF way that Uno was being promoted, but LEGIT, straight-up, logical promo: talk show performances, rolling stone interviews, etc. Crossing my fingers on that front.

Exactly this! As much as us fans may find the Japanese thigh tattoos entertaining, REAL promotion will do the work 100 times more effectively. Plus, more GD is more GD - I would enjoy seeing them whether their sales improve or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to wonder if this is the calm before the storm. And by storm I'm not even referring to the tour, I do mean media blitz. Not in the ridiculous WTF way that Uno was being promoted, but LEGIT, straight-up, logical promo: talk show performances, rolling stone interviews, etc. Crossing my fingers on that front.

And I would kill to see Green Day on Jon Stewart. I agree with Michael, I love Colbert (and I'm sure Green Day does too), but Billie wasn't very adept at matching his comedic edge... Tre should have fronted that entire interview ("I just hate sandals!" literally saved Billie from being unable to answer half the questions, so many of which came to abrupt, awkward endings, with Colbert waiting for a more fleshed out amusing answer to happen :lol: ). Tre Cool can take on anyone. The band would make more sense as a whole on the Daily Show because Jon Stewart does more "serious" interviews and asks questions with the hopes of getting a legitimate answer... Colbert seeks humor in all his questions.

It would be quite an honor for GD to be on TDS. So few bands play there! (Even if, sadly, the sound sucks for those bands because the studio isn't really equipped for performances. TCR isn't much better, but still :lol:)

Do you think this announcement of the SXSW show is the beginning of the blitz???

I hope so! I really won't know what to think until I see them - these past months have been so unpredictable.

I think when people finally see them again it's gonna be GD mainia like it usually is whenever they release a record. It's people will remember how amazing they are will just go nuts!

• 1 month later...

Anyone hear anything about Las Vegas rescheduling? I still have my tickets, not sure if I should refund.

• 1 month later...

man i hope some how they come to Vancouver

YES YES YES!!!!! :dance: I really hope they do! I mean, they can't go on a world tour without coming to Vancouver....right?

• 1 month later...

YES YES YES!!!!! :dance: I really hope they do! I mean, they can't go on a world tour without coming to Vancouver....right?

Yes its Vancouver that's were all the party is

• 3 weeks later...

Just got official notice that Las Vegas will not be rescheduled.

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your postponed event has been canceled:

Green Day
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Friday, February 8
th at 8PM

We’re sorry to let you know that Green Day has decided not to tour in 2013 and your postponed event will not be rescheduled. For your convenience, we’ve automatically refunded your order, including fees, (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable), which will appear on your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

Nope, Green Day didn't tour in 2013. At all. :lol:

SO weird that it took that long. Maybe they signed some sort of special contract with MGM?

Just got official notice that Las Vegas will not be rescheduled.

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your postponed event has been canceled:

Green Day

MGM Grand Garden Arena

Friday, February 8th at 8PM

We’re sorry to let you know that Green Day has decided not to tour in 2013 and your postponed event will not be rescheduled. For your convenience, we’ve automatically refunded your order, including fees, (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable), which will appear on your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

I got a refund a long time ago and used that $$ for the shows in Pomona and Los Angeles, BUT the ticketmaster app on my phone says that not only do I still have tickets for the Vegas show, but that it's also been postponed for Wednesday, October 29th, 2014. It's gotta be just a big fat glitch, right?

I got a refund a long time ago and used that $$ for the shows in Pomona and Los Angeles, BUT the ticketmaster app on my phone says that not only do I still have tickets for the Vegas show, but that it's also been postponed for Wednesday, October 29th, 2014. It's gotta be just a big fat glitch, right?

Heh, yes, of COURSE that's a glitch... (nervous laughter) :cry:

Man, I hope we don't have to wait that long for another tour...

:ermm:

Isn't that supposed to be in news thread? O.O

Archived