Are Green Day mentioned in any songs?

Charlie Boston

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're mentioned at about 0:45 in The Copyrights' Planet Earth Nineteen-Ninety-Four

1994, fucked up on listerine
Smoked anything we got our hands on
Loved anyone we got our lips on
Made excuses to not like Green Day
But we wore the tape out anyway
What our friends don't know won't hurt them
Of course they were doing the same thing

http://youtu.be/SKlZljzp5fM

The German band Kraftklub mentions them in their song "Songs für Liam". Not in a positive way though.

You might wanna check page 1 of this thread :P

HA. HAHA. FAIL.

Oh god how did I miss that? :lol: Glad it was posted though, I've been trying to find it.

Here in Chile, there is a pop punk band called Tronic. They mentioned Green Day in the chorus of their song called "Hoy" (That means "today").

Here's a part of the chorus and the song.

"Mamá llegué

queremos beber

el ron de papá

y escuchar Green Day"

"Mom I arrived

we wanna drink

dad's rum

and listen to Green Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFIbu7sk6Q

• 5 months later...

They are mentioned in El Scorcho by Weezer

"I asked you to go to the Green Day concert. You said you've never heard of them. How cool is that? So I went to your room and read your diary."

I don't know if it counts but I randomly found a video of Aviril Singing "I got the motivation/where is my motivation" from longview while on a boat or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbfBj3Fu2JU

That might just be the most bizarre Green Day related clip I've ever seen.

Theres a band called Mike Tv from UK that sing about Green day (not really in a good way tho) but its not That bad either tho - there just saying "they miss their old green day"

The German band Kraftklub mentions them in their song "Songs für Liam". Not in a positive way though.

It's not serious though. I think they like Green Day

The german band "Kraftklub" made a song called "Zu Jung" what means too young in english.. The mention Green Day in the following part:

Unsere Eltern sind schuld,

sie haben uns in diese Welt entlassen,

voller Angst, Hass, Lady Gagas und Massenvernichtungswaffen.

Doch vor allem ohne Rock’n’Roll, auf Green Day ist geschissen.

Meiner Meinung nach können sich alle Bands verantwortungsvoll in Interviews geben, meine Vorbilder werden sie eh nicht.

You can translate this to sth like this:

Our parents are to blame,

they have released us into the world,

full of fear, hate, Lady Gagas and weapons of mass destruction.

But most importantly, without rock'n'roll, fuck Green Day.

In my opinion, all the bands can act responsible in interviews, the won't be my idols anyway

So it's not really a Green Day friendly part but with exception of this song Kraftklub is a really good german band.

i said it before on another thread: i think the "auf green day ist geschissen" (fuck green day) isnt meant in a negative way. i feel its more like "... in a world without rock n roll, besides green day". like ok theres green day, the only really popular rock band out there at the moment. but besides them theres no real rock n roll in the charts...

It's not serious though. I think they like Green Day

hmmm.... did they ever mention if they like Green Day in an interview or something?

I don't know. To me it sounded like they meant it in a negative way like: "today there's no real Rock'N'Roll on the radio anymore , just GD (=they aren't Rock'N'Roll and they suck)" :ermm:

hmmm.... did they ever mention if they like Green Day in an interview or something?

I don't know. To me it sounded like they meant it in a negative way like: "today there's no real Rock'N'Roll on the radio anymore , just GD (=they aren't Rock'N'Roll and they suck)"

No there's no interview, but I googled and some fans said that..I feel stupid now.

Whatever, they said that it's a very ironic song and because of that they think it's not serious.

I only know that GD are mentioned in that Weezer song and in "I got some money on me" by Lil' Wayne :lol: Oh! and Lil' Wayne's first 2 lines of the song "Hot Revolver" are the exact same as GD's Basket Case. :P

No there's no interview, but I googled and some fans said that..I feel stupid now.
Whatever, they said that it's a very ironic song and because of that they think it's not serious.

No! Don't feel stupid! :o:hug:

Well... I found out on Google that Kraftclub are friends with that Casper guy :sherlock: Ironic or not... I interpret the lyrics in a negative way :dry: especially because of the Kraftclub + Casper connection now. :mellow:

I only know that GD are mentioned in that Weezer song and in "I got some money on me" by Lil' Wayne :lol: Oh! and Lil' Wayne's first 2 lines of the song "Hot Revolver" are the exact same as GD's Basket Case. :P

No! Don't feel stupid! :o:hug:

Well... I found out on Google that Kraftclub are friends with that Casper guy :sherlock: Ironic or not... I interpret the lyrics in a negative way :dry: especially because of the Kraftclub + Casper connection now. :mellow:

Haha oh you're sweet :)

Yeha, I remember them saying something like " Are you ready for Sportfreunde Stiller, (some other bands but I can't remeber) and Casper?" at Rock Am Ring. They mentioned every band which was going on stage after them except for Green Day.

The song "Danny Vapid" by "The Queers" contains the lyric:

"Leader of the Methadones and the Mopes, too

wears a Green Day-hat - he don't watch the news"

Axis of Awesome 4 chord song "This song quotes about 50 songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

2:40 When I Come around

For those who aren't my friends, there's a local band here in Oregon called The Name Band and they did a parody of "Kill the DJ" and references GD several times in the song, though it's not in a positive way. It's called "Kill the Green Gay".

The only one I knew about was the Weezer song everyone has already mentioned.:P

Archived