Are Green Day mentioned in any songs?

Charlie Boston

I wrote Holden Caulfield by Screeching Weezel. and also, there's two lil wayne songs. there is another song floating around called "why green day will never be as good as blink-182, but I think it's a fake. and then....the I heart radio song. I heart I hate you!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ugh!! lil wayne sucks!!
If you only have shit to say, don't say it. This community has people who likes all sorts of music, so if all you have to say is that someone I'm guessing you don't know shit about sucks, fuck off.

"Dumb Little Band" by the Mr. T Experience: "The guy at the bar says he thinks we're okay/We kind of remind him of Green Day"

The whole song is hilarious. It has this other lyric, which might as well be a Green Day reference too:

"Our friends are all busy with their own affairs

Becoming punk rock millionaires

They're taping their live album at the Hollywood Bowl

We're taping our flyer to the telephone pole"

If you only have shit to say, don't say it. This community has people who likes all sorts of music, so if all you have to say is that someone I'm guessing you don't know shit about sucks, fuck off.
ok

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the song or the band, but t was an entire song about missing old Green Day. It was actually a pretty decent song, the chorus went somehtign like:

When you come around, I hope you feel the same

Billie, Mike, and Tre

something

something

Where's my old Green Day

If I come across it, I'll post it. Despite the whining for the olden days, it was well put together. The video was pretty funny too. Whenever they'd sing 'Billie, Mike, and Tre; in the chorus, pictures of the guys would pop up, then a picture of Jason would pop up and it would just have question marks. :lol:

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the song or the band, but t was an entire song about missing old Green Day. It was actually a pretty decent song, the chorus went somehtign like:

Billie, Mike, and Tre

something

something

Where's my old Green Day

If I come across it, I'll post it. Despite the whining for the olden days, it was well put together. The video was pretty funny too. Whenever they'd sing 'Billie, Mike, and Tre; in the chorus, pictures of the guys would pop up, then a picture of Jason would pop up and it would just have question marks. :lol:

You might wanna check page 1 of this thread :P

It's hard to believe I've never seen that before. Brilliant, even though new Green Day is pretty spiffy as well. ;)

Guest DisapppearingBoy
I've heard The Network hate Green Day. They probably wrote a song about them. Check them out. I think they only have one album.

Also: Billie Joe's Mom, by Tré Cool.

Could you post the link about network and green day?

Billie, Mike, and Tre

something

something

Where's my old Green Day

I just found the whole song by D. Harper

Started off in paradise, kicked off '94

Became America’s idiots, now American idols

My my how time flies

But all good things die

Cue deep sigh

When you come around

I hope you feel the same

Billie, Mike and Tré

I’ll say goodbye for now I’ll see you round

Coz I miss my old Green Day

Dad and I, we went to see you play in '95

It was the greatest feeling to see Longview live

Had the time of my life

But nothing lasts forever

No more blue hair dye or crazy ties

Just black lined eyes

"Dumb Little Band" by the Mr. T Experience: "The guy at the bar says he thinks we're okay/We kind of remind him of Green Day"

The whole song is hilarious. It has this other lyric, which might as well be a Green Day reference too:

"Our friends are all busy with their own affairs

Becoming punk rock millionaires

They're taping their live album at the Hollywood Bowl

We're taping our flyer to the telephone pole"

Dammit you beat me to it!

I just found the whole song by D. Harper

Started off in paradise, kicked off '94

Became America’s idiots, now American idols

My my how time flies

But all good things die

Cue deep sigh

When you come around

I hope you feel the same

Billie, Mike and Tré

I’ll say goodbye for now I’ll see you round

Coz I miss my old Green Day

Dad and I, we went to see you play in '95

It was the greatest feeling to see Longview live

Had the time of my life

But nothing lasts forever

No more blue hair dye or crazy ties

Just black lined eyes

But whats the song called?

The band Wat Tyler put out a 7" called "I Wanna Be Billie Joe." I don't know if any of the songs mentioned him or the band, though.

I'll never understand why someone like you was able to become a mod.

Because you know me so well?

I'm the dude who watches you night and day. Through your bedroom window.

I'm the dude who watches you night and day. Through your bedroom window.

If you piss me off I'm not gonna hide it. That's it, all you have to do is not piss me off, capish?

Archived