"I got some money on me
I’m ’bout to kill these hoes
I don’t be politicing, I’m not political
Fuck you talkin’ bout, bitch I’m Kenneth Cole
My goons masked up, Ray Mysterio
Bitch, eat something, I don’t like skinny hoes
I hit her from the back, she on her tippy toes
I smoke that Green Day, I’m on my Billie Joe"

I've heard The Network hate Green Day. They probably wrote a song about them. Check them out. I think they only have one album.

Also: Billie Joe's Mom, by Tré Cool.

There's this latin group called Calle 13. They mention them in one of their songs: "...Qué importa si te gusta Green Day? Qué importa si te gusta Coldplay?..." :dry:

and that's all I know.

Weezer mentions Green Day in the song 'El Scorcho'.

"I asked her to go to the Green Day concert, she says she's never heard of them..."

The Weezer song mentioned above is the only one I know of.....

The german band "Kraftklub" made a song called "Zu Jung" what means too young in english.. The mention Green Day in the following part:

Unsere Eltern sind schuld,

sie haben uns in diese Welt entlassen,
voller Angst, Hass, Lady Gagas und Massenvernichtungswaffen.
Doch vor allem ohne Rock’n’Roll, auf Green Day ist geschissen.
Meiner Meinung nach können sich alle Bands verantwortungsvoll in Interviews geben, meine Vorbilder werden sie eh nicht.

You can translate this to sth like this:

Our parents are to blame,
they have released us into the world,
full of fear, hate, Lady Gagas and weapons of mass destruction.
But most importantly, without rock'n'roll, fuck Green Day.
In my opinion, all the bands can act responsible in interviews, the won't be my idols anyway

So it's not really a Green Day friendly part but with exception of this song Kraftklub is a really good german band.

They're not mentioned in the lyrics, but Bomb the Music Industry! used a clip of Billie Joe talking at a concert (Woodstock '94?) at the end of one of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRi5Da7I9o4

I remember listening to it for the first time, I got so freaked out because I wasn't expecting to hear Billie at all :lol:

There was a song posted on here several months back by some band I've never heard of that had a really good tune remembering the awesome music of 1994 and how nostalgic they were for that music. It was a good song too, I don't remember if they specifically mentioned Green Day but it was definitely implied... anyone know what I'm talking about? Hell, I was probably the one to post it :lol:

They're not mentioned in the lyrics, but Bomb the Music Industry! used a clip of Billie Joe talking at a concert (Woodstock '94?) at the end of one of their songs.

I remember listening to it for the first time, I got so freaked out because I wasn't expecting to hear Billie at all :lol:

Woah, that's so awesome. I never knew about this one.

The Lil Wayne "I smoke that Green Day" line fucking cracks me up every time I hear it. What a goofball.

"1994" by After the Fall mentions Dookie together with other legendary punk albums of that year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNLu54CPCk

"I forgot to mention Stranger Than Fiction,

Punk In Drublic, Trashed, Smash,
Dookie, Pummel, Let's Go and
How To Clean Everything

These are the people
That changed our lives
These are the records
We still listen to today
And paved the way
For shitty bands like mine
To try and get it right"

I love the lyrics :D

The german band "Kraftklub" made a song called "Zu Jung" what means too young in english.. The mention Green Day in the following part:

Unsere Eltern sind schuld,

sie haben uns in diese Welt entlassen,

voller Angst, Hass, Lady Gagas und Massenvernichtungswaffen.

Doch vor allem ohne Rock’n’Roll, auf Green Day ist geschissen.

Meiner Meinung nach können sich alle Bands verantwortungsvoll in Interviews geben, meine Vorbilder werden sie eh nicht.

You can translate this to sth like this:

Our parents are to blame,

they have released us into the world,

full of fear, hate, Lady Gagas and weapons of mass destruction.

But most importantly, without rock'n'roll, fuck Green Day.

In my opinion, all the bands can act responsible in interviews, the won't be my idols anyway

So it's not really a Green Day friendly part but with exception of this song Kraftklub is a really good german band.

I *love* Kraftklub, but that line really annoyed me :P Especially when I saw the music video for that song where they rip down 21st Century Breakdown tour posters from the walls during that part. Man that scene really pissed me off, those precious posters! :lol:

But I think that whole line is also kind of tongue-in-cheek by Kraftklub, I mean they played together with Green Day multiple times. That whole song is just about the fact that today's teenagers were born too late to experience the classic rock era, I don't think it's supposed to be a Green Day hate song or anything :P

There's a Fabre drive song called "The Payoff", where they mention Billie joe. "And I was singing like Billie joe (don't wanna be An American idiot)." He also appears briefly in the video

I love this song!

Weezer mentions Green Day in the song 'El Scorcho'.

"I asked her to go to the Green Day concert, she says she's never heard of them..."

They're mentioned in a song called Atrevete by Calle 13. It's in spanish obviously, and it says:

Que importa si te gusta Green Day.

Who cares if you like Green Day.

Archived