How much do your parents know?

Jean

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom know that I'm addicted to Green Day (she said it to me) :happy:

Because of my sister, my mom knows almost everything about Billie Joe (from Bullet in a Bible) :pinch:

• 3 weeks later...

My mom's very cool about it.

The first time she heard them she was like : "Wow, they sound good!!!"
So that made me really happy and
I think that she's figured out that I have a crush on Billie Joe.

I had his picture on my FB profile

and she was like : "what a beautiful man". :D
So yeah, she is awesome :D

My family knows a lot. I talk about them too much, my walls are full of posters and I always wear Green Day merchandise. Everyone at school knows me as the Green Day fan, along with people at the theater's I perform at. Everyone always asks me if I've heard the new Green Day news or got the new magazine and such. My sisters are into Green Day, but they like a few songs and my parents love them.

My kids and my fiancée love them, they get a bit fed up with me sometimes but not very often, my parents don't want to know anything they think my obsession is stupid

Yesterday my mother was on my case about my Green Day obsession again.

My son, on the other hand, drew me a great picture of Mike Dirnt.

My dad knows that I'm addicted to them but he doesn't know anything about them. He doesn't judge or laugh or anything either which is cool.

My mom likes some songs of them. And when I tell her that I'm listening to GD she always wants to hear, and when I say that they released a new album, she always asks me to play the best songs to her :) But she's not a fan though!

And everyone around me knows I'm crazy about them..

They know that i love GD but they don't care at all , except my oncle he was a hudge GD fan at 90

I was playing Dookie in my sister's car when I was 10-11 and Longview came on and she told my mom and my mom forced me to google the lyrics and she read them and my parents lectured me about how disgusting and wrong it is.

My mom and dad know ALOT about them because I talk about them alot! My dad thinks that they are talented but just not what he is into, (except for 21 Guns, Last Night On Earth, and WMUWSE.) But he walked in when I was watching Hitching A Ride on BIAB. He rolled his eyes and then walked out. And my mom understande all my obsessive Green Day ways because she used to be ju8st like that with The Beatles. She likes some songs, but complains about the language. But I do not let them see the name of BIAB...(my dads a preacher) and I will not play stuff like EJN in front of them! But I do get talks on how I'm wasting my life with my GD obsession from my dad!

• 3 months later...

My parents don't know much about Green Day, all they know is the fact that they are the reason why I started smoking pot

In fact, every time I watch Bullet in a Bible, I always do it alone because the awkwardness would be too much for me during the Hitchin A Ride part.

If I watch it with my parents at home I just skip the song ahaha

My parents were happy when I came back to Bologna and I said "I saw them!" Lovely. :wub:

My dad after Bologna asked me "Did they play 21 guns?" "No, they don't" "Oh, it's the only song I know"

It's not true of course. He knows also stray heart because it's always on tv LOOL

2/3 years ago it was dinner time and my dad said to my mum the story of "2 dollars bill". He listened to the radio. And I was like 'kayy

My parents doesn't know english so no probl lol

I have to write this.

I was watching BIAB and my mum was babysitting. She said to the little girl "Uhh, look at this ugly man who plays the guitar!" :mellow:

I caught my mum listening to fuck time the other day.

If I watch it with my parents at home I just skip the song ahaha

My parents were happy when I came back to Bologna and I said "I saw them!" Lovely. :wub:

My dad after Bologna asked me "Did they play 21 guns?" "No, they don't" "Oh, it's the only song I know"

It's not true of course. He knows also stray heart because it's always on tv LOOL

2/3 years ago it was dinner time and my dad said to my mum the story of "2 dollars billi". He listened to the radio. And I was like 'kayy

My parents doesn't know english so no probl lol

I have to write this.

I was watching BIAB and my mum was babysitting. She said to the little girl "Uhh, look at this ugly man who plays the guitar!" :mellow:

2 dollars billi? What's that?

My parents know that I love Green Day. My mom likes their songs, mostly the ones that were popular and played on the radio. She says she would like to see them in concert. She doesn't know the other members besides Billie Joe, but I tell here about them anyway! My dad actually emailed me an article from the yahoo home page about Billie Joe going to rehab. The title of the email was "your boyfriend's in rehab". He doesn't really like the music that much because he says it all sounds the same, but he knows that I adore them. My dad actually took my sister and her friends to American Idiot the musical when it was on tour, but he said he didn't like it. He said he didn't like the profanity, the sex, and the drugs. My parents don't know that I am on GDC or Green Day Authority, but they wouldn't care. They let me put pictures of them up in my room, so that is cool. I actually got my little brothers into Green Day.

My parents know everything. It was really hard convincing them to let me go to Europe to see them, haha - and they thought I was fucking crazy.

But my dad LOVES their music, and sometimes I catch him blasting them in the garage when he's in there.

When I got on stage he would replay the video of me on youtube over and over again, and at full volume so I had to listen to my horrid voice at that volume!! Haha.

My mum loves seeing them on t.v, and also tells me when they're in the newspaper and cuts out the clippings for me to keep :)

My mom looked up a review of a typical Green Day concert while I was at the San Diego show during the 21st Century Breakdown Summer Tour, and when I got back she told me that it mentioned Billie Joe's habit of doing naughty things on stage and she just laughed, which surprised me. She knew they had some explicit material but she never knew about the more severe stuff, like songs with a lot of cussing. I listen to GDay all the time with my dad but I've probably never listened to anything worse than Dirty Rotten Bastards. ¡Tré! and American Idiot are the only GD albums I've ever listened to with him all the way through.

Funny story: I received my book copy of ¡Dos! early, and when I picked up my CD copy the day it was released he and I were sitting in the car waiting on someone and he randomly grabbed the CD, took out the booklet, and went straight to the lyrics, and I noticed at one point that he seemed to be looking very intently at F**k Time. That was awk. That was the only trilogy album that I sincerely didn't want him to look at. xD

My parents know I'm obsessed with Green Day, and they don't really care. My dad keeps saying that they're loud and sort of ugly (guyliner), but I don't think Aerosmith (his favorite band and my 2nd fav) is quiet, nor are they that good looking. My mom likes a few of their songs, and listens to me fangirl about them, but I don't think she's really listening. I have no friends who like Green Day, so... yeah. Apparently, my brother's friend's mom likes Green Day (my brother recognized the 21stCB concert t-shirt she was wearing. I've taught him well. XD) and my mom said if I ever want to go to a GD concert, go with her. I'm not taking you. And then, she got all hyped up about Aerosmith coming to a city near where we live. Why can't they be Green Day fans?

My dad buys all the Green Day albums (for my birthday!) that I want on the internet, so it's sort of inevitable that he sees what kind of songs they write. But he's really loose about curse words (not sure about sexual stuff though...) because he's asian, I'm asian, my mom's asian, we live in a non-English speaking country now... He didn't even bat an eyelash when he saw 'Fuck Time' or those parental warning stickers.

Although he did raise his eyebrows when he saw the 'Awesome as Fuck' DVD.

I watched Bullet in a Bible with my entire family in the room, and their only complaint was that it was loud. Nope, no comment about humping the camera, and the cursing. I guess I'm pretty lucky. XD

My dad knows so much about Green Day like a lot... Because I tell him but still XD !!

His favourite song is Minority , he once played BIAB at work because I left it in his car I thought that was quite good advertising for Green Day on my part as he works in a huge factory;)

i used to listen to dookie on cassette on the way to school when my mum drove me when iwas like 9 hahaha im now 27 my parents , family and friends all know my obsession is Crazyy ... everyone knows me as dangreenday lol

Well I'd say my mum knows a lot about Green Day. My dad just thinks they're sellouts :mad:

My dad knows a lot about Armstrong, and their newest songs. He always say to me when I listen to 99 Revolutions and Rusty James in the car that the music is good but too much

"repetitive"..

My dad doesn't give a shit at all. But he is ready to drive me several hundreds of kilometres, so I can go to concerts. Well, I'm fine with that. :D

My mom really likes Green Day. Last week when I watched Green Day's show at Rock am Ring she came into my room to say good night, and she said, "What a fantastic performance!" Yea, and I just answered, "Gonna see them in a couple of weeks. Good night mom." But she doesn't really know much about the band. Except from some facts I say pretty often to her.

MY Mom knows they're my favorite band cause I have a Bullet In A Bible poster in my room,plus everytime I learn a new song on guitar I play it for her and every week I learn a few Green Day songs(yesterday I played East Jesus Nowhere for her)plus everytime she walks in my room I'm listening to them.My mom doesn't like rock at all but I think she likes that I listen to them.My Dad knows they're my favorite band also,I showed him Jesus Of Suburbia and he said it was pretty good,my dads the reason I like rock(when I was a kid he always had AC/DC,The Doors,Pink Floyd,The Who or some classic rock band playing)he said that he always hears hem on the radio and that they're pretty good.

Archived