How much do your parents know?

Jean

my parents know a lot of the songs and they know most albums (they should know all, as i showed them all, but i don't know how much they remembered :P )

my parents do know that they swear in their songs and also on stage, but they don't really care (the funny thing is when i was little i said "asshole" to my dad and he would hit me, later he said it to me :lol: ...same with showing the middle finger, he understands it as fun now and does that even pretty often xD and with Green Day he doesn't have any problem there :P )

the only thing they don't know are the sexual things, e.g. Billie mooning the crowd or masturbating on stage :P ...though i'm not sure whether they know Fuck Time :whistle and maybe they found out more than i think...

my mom even likes some of their songs and my dad never really liked them, but accepted it that i do and did everything that i could see them live (twice btw) :wub: ...and he even watched the Rock am Ring performance on tv with me and my mom and now thinks they're a pretty good live band. he told me he wouldn't go to a concert of theirs anyways, though, as he doesn't like loud music (neither from the type nor just from how loud concerts or festivals are in general)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents know an ok amount about Green day, my dad used to own nimrod and he told me he likes some of their songs! But he makes some of the most random things up about them..He told me Good riddance is the reason why their famous and they record songs 20+ ft underground :P

And my mom likes green day a lot!(no were near my level) She told me when she was still in a band she always sang 1-2 green day songs! She never told me which but Im guessing it was mostly from dookie or nimrod or something from the 90's. I actually recently went to a concert with her when they played in Philadelphia! She was a lot more active with the crowd then I thought :P

My mom gave me her copy of dookie when I was like, six. I'll let you figure out my parents opinion on green day from that.

• 2 months later...

My dad's into them. He's followed the singles since Basket Case, and knows a few various album tracks, mainly from American Idiot. He's been to see them with me twice and says they're easily the best band he's ever seen (and he saw Queen and the original Guns n Roses), so his enthusiasm is good!

My mum knows the singles from American Idiot, and likes all the ballads but nothing else really interests her, other than Holiday for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

My whole family knows I love Green Day. Parents, brother, sister, grandparent(s), aunty, uncle, cousins. Even my friends know how much I love them. They don't understand exactly why but they understand that I do. a lot.

I think my surroundings have no clue how I'm crazy.

I am the kind whos not really...outgoing. I mean I don't like to show my tastes. I listen to them alone, and I don't have any album, any shirt, poster... and I never talk about them, unless to my friend who's probably fed up :D

So they don't know how I LOVE that band.

And I don't really know either..

My mom and dad have accepted that I'm a little crazy haha. My mom quite likes greenday but she doesn't know many of the words so just makes them up as she goes along. My dad doesn't really listen to them and for some reason thought that WMUWSE was about billies gay teacher?!?

• 3 weeks later...

OK; so....earlier this morning my mother said that Billie Joe is the best idol a kid or a teen could have.

Sweet. :)

The only thing they don't know is that I met my boyfriend through a Green Day fansite, and not at a Green Day show like they are currently led to believe :lol:

Insisted my Mum & Dad played Green Day Rock Band and at the end they thought it was a different band playing each song! Duh! Well, shows how diverse they are I suppose. Made my Mum watch AAF which she was quite happy to do, bless her, and thought it was "quite nice". Now I insist on taking my kids to GD gigs because I have no-one else to go with and they love me for it!! I am the coolest Mum of all their friends. Hubby thinks I should stop acting like a 14 year old and hopes I will grow out of it.

• 3 months later...

My parents really don't know much about Green Day. I think that the only GD song they know is Boulevard of Broken Dreams 'cause it's been played on the radio. They have no idea how much I love Green Day and how much the band means to me. Father quite takes this Green Day thing as a joke which annoys me. They barely even let me go to GD gig. :(

Archived