Vote for your overall favourite trilogy song

solongfromthestars

What's your overall favourite song from the trilogy?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is entertaining. Carry on :D

& I'm not sure about overall favourite yet. It'll be from Tre though, definitely.

yeah sure Let yourself go is repetitive but its only 2 min long whereas X-kid is 4 min and 11 secs of the same repetition i think the song should have only been 2:50

From a musical standpoint( and trust me I've been a musician for about 8 years now) Repetition is good and is usually catchy but too much is bad and green day did a repetitive chorus and a solo and a bridge all in 2min and X-kid does the same in 4min to me X-kid is like the Oh Love of iTre! think about it oh love is exactly the same musically as Oh Love its got that solo guitar intro and and a repetitive hook and goes to a bridge and after the bridge/solo it repeats the intro and oh love is 5 min so in conclusion Alot of Repetion in a short time>A good amount of repetition in a long time.

lmao, there are more than three words in the chorus though :P. Like I said, I like LYG. I agree that repetition can be good. I just found it highly ironic.

But X-Kid isn't really anything like Oh Love.

I voted Stray Heart. OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE I MEAN MY NAME lol. No but really, that song stood out to me over any other song.

Don't get the love for Lazy Bones or X-Kid at all. Neither of those songs are even in my top 5 on their respective albums for me, let alone the whole trilogy.

lmao, there are more than three words in the chorus though :P. Like I said, I like LYG. I agree that repetition can be good. I just found it highly ironic.

But X-Kid isn't really anything like Oh Love.

Musically yes it is very similar to oh love

Stop posting videos the studio version is exactly 2:57 seconds my point is is that let yourself go isn't as long as X kid

Musically yes it is very similar to oh love

Stop posting videos the studio version is exactly 2:57 seconds my point is is that let yourself go isn't as long as X kid

The videos supported my argument. And what exactly was your original point?

LYG is mindless fun. It's enjoyable, but shouldn't be taken too seriously. X-Kid is a rollercoaster ride of emotion, with deep lyrics and moving vocal harmonies. It's impossible to compare the two. They're fundamentally different.

Let's compare lyrics, shall we?

LYG:

Let yourself go, let yourself go, let yourself go [x4]

X-Kid:

Bombs away!

Here goes nothing, the shouting's over.

Hey X-Kid, bombs away!

Here goes nothing, the shouting's over and out,

over and out...

X-Kid actually uses more than 3 words in the chorus. It's up there with one of the best choruses Billie has ever written. LYG can feel like it's dragging on forever, especially at the end, when they sing "LET YOURSELF GO, LET YOURSELF GO, LET YOURSELF GOOOOOOOO" a total of 8 fucking times. It makes me feel exhausted just listening to it. I don't know how Billie gets through it without getting bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00ikilDxW4

21 Guns is a full minute longer than X-Kid. And follows exactly the same song makeup as X-Kid does. It's ludicrous to suggest just because the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-solo-chorus, or a variation of that, is extended, it makes the song inferior.

In the individual polls I went Loss of Control, Stray Heart, Missing You. But for this I wrestled between the latter two but settled on Stray Heart because the guitar part is just fun to play even though I am a drummer at heart and play Missing You almost everyday

The videos supported my argument. And what exactly was your original point?

LYG is mindless fun. It's enjoyable, but shouldn't be taken too seriously. X-Kid is a rollercoaster ride of emotion, with deep lyrics and moving vocal harmonies. It's impossible to compare the two. They're fundamentally different.

Let's compare lyrics, shall we?

LYG:

Let yourself go, let yourself go, let yourself go [x4]

X-Kid:

Bombs away!

Here goes nothing, the shouting's over.

Hey X-Kid, bombs away!

Here goes nothing, the shouting's over and out,

over and out...

X-Kid actually uses more than 3 words in the chorus. It's up there with one of the best choruses Billie has ever written. LYG can feel like it's dragging on forever, especially at the end, when they sing "LET YOURSELF GO, LET YOURSELF GO, LET YOURSELF GOOOOOOOO" a total of 8 fucking times. It makes me feel exhausted just listening to it. I don't know how Billie gets through it without getting bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00ikilDxW4

21 Guns is a full minute longer than X-Kid. And follows exactly the same song makeup as X-Kid does. It's ludicrous to suggest just because the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-solo-chorus, or a variation of that, is extended, it makes the song inferior.

ok let me explain: Choosing LYG was MY OPINION !! and I said for me X kid gets boring ..not at first but after listening to tre and the trilogy so many times i just wanna fucking skip it so the reason i picked LYG was because that is the number one song that i really wanna re-listen to after all these months and in a year from now i'm sure x-kid will be one of those overrated songs that i skip over every time. So again THIS IS MY OPINION ok i was just explaining why i picked LYG after all that was what the topic was about!

ok let me explain: Choosing LYG was MY OPINION !! and I said for me X kid gets boring ..not at first but after listening to tre and the trilogy so many times i just wanna fucking skip it so the reason i picked LYG was because that is the number one song that i really wanna re-listen to after all these months and in a year from now i'm sure x-kid will be one of those overrated songs that i skip over every time. So again THIS IS MY OPINION ok i was just explaining why i picked LYG after all that was what the topic was about!

Hey, it's OK to like LYG over X-Kid! That's a perfectly reasonable choice to make. It's just that the reasons you gave, trying to explain as if it is scientifically better, where you got a little off course. Personally, I'm glad to hear someone loves Let Yourself Go! Because I've heard a lot of negative opinions about it, and it is nice to get a reminder that there is a wide range of opinions in this fandom :).

Hey, it's OK to like LYG over X-Kid! That's a perfectly reasonable choice to make. It's just that the reasons you gave, trying to explain as if it is scientifically better, where you got a little off course. Personally, I'm glad to hear someone loves Let Yourself Go! Because I've heard a lot of negative opinions about it, and it is nice to get a reminder that there is a wide range of opinions in this fandom :).

exactly it was just my opinion to like LYG and its perfectly fine to like X-kid it think its a great song i was just explaining my opinion after all that's what the topic was about

Stray Heart, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Brutal Love :runaround:

but in the end I voted for Stray Heart :wub:

So I ended up voting for Brutal Love. It was a rather unexpected choice, I thought I'd choose something different but right now, this song means a lot to me. It describes exactly how I feel and the vibe and the music of the song is so beautiful :wub:

So, I'm not going to vote, because I have absolutely NO idea what my favorite song from the trilogy is, considering all of them are perfection. I would pretty much feel selfish saying 'Ashley' because Ashley is my name. :happy: Ashley is a great song, but there are so many good ones that are equal!

I guess I could pick a favorite album?

Which would probably be Tre.

I'm not too surprised that the songs from Tre are getting more votes than the others. Whilst Dos is probably my favourite album of the trilogy, the songs on Tre stand out individually better than Dos. There is also an element of Tre being newer than the other two albums, so the songs are fresher in people's minds.

For me, Stay the Night is the best song of the trilogy and I love Let Yourself Go and Stray Heart.

Stray Heart is amazing. :wub:

I think that one is definitely the most catchy.

I still can't name a fave though. :P

Archived