Vote for your overall favourite trilogy song

solongfromthestars

What's your overall favourite song from the trilogy?  

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 song out of 37? IMPOSSIBRU.

But seriously, there are so many amazing songs. Stuck between Stay the Night, Rusty James, Oh Love, Lazy Bones, Missing You, and X-Kid. Those were all the songs that blew my mind to fucking pieces.

Vote for Missing You....you know you want to ;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't understand the love for Lazy Bones.

Great melody, lyrics you can relate to. Actual emotion oozing from Billie (which sadly didn't happen often enough in the trilogy)

What's not to like (not in my top-5 songs of the trilogy, but certainly in my top-10).

Great melody, lyrics you can relate to. Actual emotion oozing from Billie (which sadly didn't happen often enough in the trilogy)

What's not to like (not in my top-5 songs of the trilogy, but certainly in my top-10).

True for the lyrics. I like them. But I really don't like the melody. It's my least favourite song from the trilogy.

But I respect everyone's choices and opinions. After all, we're all Green Day fans.

Stray Heart. I love that song so much, it's definitely one of my 5 favourite Green Day songs. Everything about it is absolutely amazing, the bassline, Billie's singing, the guitar solo, the lyrics, the ending... My 2nd favourite song from the trilogy is Brutal Love.

I made this thread back when TRE was released and it was closed for being a "list" -.-

Oh well, I choose Dirty Rotten Bastards since it's the one I've listened to the most.

I love Stay the Night and Stray Heart equally. But I'll go with STN since it has less votes. :D

I'm surprised the top 3 at the moment are all from Tre. All 3 are good songs, but I didn't realise BL and X-Kid were so popular.

X-Kid. One of the best song ever written by Green Day. Both Rusty James and X-Kid are amazing, but X-Kid already stuck in my head since that Quatro preview. :happy:

Really X-kid is wining ? sure its a great song but it so repetitive and gets old my vote was let yourself go its just a classic its for sure going to be played at gd concerts long after the trilogy tour

Really X-kid is wining ? sure its a great song but it so repetitive and gets old my vote was let yourself go its just a classic its for sure going to be played at gd concerts long after the trilogy tour

I don't really like Let Yourself Go. To me, it sounds like they tried a bit too hard to make a punk song when they wrote that one.

I don't really like Let Yourself Go. To me, it sounds like they tried a bit too hard to make a punk song when they wrote that one.

Really? it doesnt sound like let yourself go was uninspired but whatever i like X kid but i dont think it should win thats just my opinion

Definitely Let Yourself Go for me. The first time I heard that song I knew that this trilogy was going to be awesome. Plus listening to it always reminds me of being on vacation during the summer since that's where I first heard it.

I voted Lazy Bones, but in time I think DRB will be my favorite (I only recently listened to ¡Tré!). Either way, Lazy Bones is currently and will always be one of my very favorite Green Day song's of all time!

Stray Heart, X-Kid, Amanda, SD&V and Brutal Love are all up there too. :)

I voted for Nightlife, though it's a tie between that and Oh Love. Ironically two of the most "hated" songs on the Trilogy. Oh well, I'm more than happy to go against the grain.

Funny how some that are very good haven't gotten any votes, because... they're very good, but not the single best. It's so tough to choose just one! Maybe I could pick ten favorites :lol:.

I think this is funny. I like Let Yourself Go, but to choose that and say X-Kid is repetitive, is... ironic.

I think this is funny. I like Let Yourself Go, but to choose that and say X-Kid is repetitive, is... ironic.

The irony. It hurts.

What makes X-Kid for me is a factor of several things. First of all that intro, the way the harmonies and double tracks build up to that huge (but sorrowful) chorus. Then it's the creative use of chord structure,the high harmonies at the songs close, the 180 that is the bridge, and that sweeping yet emotional solo piece. Billie Joe's words are great and his vocal passion is undeniable. And then you get the unsung hero: Tre, the way he drums this song is soooo good, it's just a perfect Green Day song.

The irony. It hurts.

What makes X-Kid for me is a factor of several things. First of all that intro, the way the harmonies and double tracks build up to that huge (but sorrowful) chorus. Then it's the creative use of chord structure,the high harmonies at the songs close, the 180 that is the bridge, and that sweeping yet emotional solo piece. Billie Joe's words are great and his vocal passion is undeniable. And then you get the unsung hero: Tre, the way he drums this song is soooo good, it's just a perfect Green Day song.

Yeah, I didn't even choose that, but as a Green Day song I'd say it's kind of a "model" song... It bears every single element that is "Green Day", and it sounds awesome.

Yeah, I didn't even choose that, but as a Green Day song I'd say it's kind of a "model" song... It bears every single element that is "Green Day", and it sounds awesome.

I would actually say it's more than a "model song" now that I think about...a model song, in my opinion, is something like Lazy Bones, Missing You, or Sex, Drugs & Violence. X-Kid is definitely something special. What did you vote for, if I may ask?

I would actually say it's more than a "model song" now that I think about...a model song, in my opinion, is something like Lazy Bones, Missing You, or Sex, Drugs & Violence. X-Kid is definitely something special. What did you vote for, if I may ask?

DRB.

I see what you're saying, and honestly, most of Tré could in some way fit that term, but this one brings something extra which is exactly why I would say that XD.

DRB.

I see what you're saying, and honestly, most of Tré could in some way fit that term, but this one brings something extra which is exactly why I would say that XD.

I had to pull myself away from voting for DRB. I can't wait to see that song live, so fucking epic.

Funny how some that are very good haven't gotten any votes, because... they're very good, but not the single best. It's so tough to choose just one! Maybe I could pick ten favorites :lol:.

yeah sure Let yourself go is repetitive but its only 2 min long whereas X-kid is 4 min and 11 secs of the same repetition i think the song should have only been 2:50

From a musical standpoint( and trust me I've been a musician for about 8 years now) Repetition is good and is usually catchy but too much is bad and green day did a repetitive chorus and a solo and a bridge all in 2min and X-kid does the same in 4min to me X-kid is like the Oh Love of iTre! think about it oh love is exactly the same musically as Oh Love its got that solo guitar intro and and a repetitive hook and goes to a bridge and after the bridge/solo it repeats the intro and oh love is 5 min so in conclusion Alot of Repetion in a short time>A good amount of repetition in a long time.

Archived