B-sides to Uno, Dos, Tre

Rogankiwifruit

Well shenanigans also had a great deal of covers, but I see your point, a CD with the "leftovers". Not really something I desire right after getting this much music, a compilation of b sides and scrapped songs would be overkill imo.

Shenanigans only had three covers: Outsider, I want to be on TV, and Tired of Watiing for you. But, yeah. I thought there were more too. Could have sworn Don't Wanna Fall In Love was a cover as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-yG40QmEg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not sure if i can, there thinking about a bside cd of uno/dos/tre last i herd.

Where did you hear that?

And it would make sense if they released a CD with songs not included in the trilogy, it would explain why there's been no b-sides. I mean, Billie wrote over 65 songs, surely there should be some extra songs coming as a bonus or something?

I'm Alright, Gabriella and Ruby Mae sound interesting. I would love if those appeared in the full version of quatro

Ruby Mae appeared in the very first scene, yknow when Billie was surfing and when he talked in the background :) i fell in love with it!! i wish there was a full version :)

Oh and if you didn't see the full version of Cuatro, its uploaded in youtube already! even the bonus features and videos are already there so check them out :)

Maybe the one with monster mash is a set list for the halloween secret show and not an actual studio list

It actually is, because i've seen the whole movie more than 10 times and that picture is from the same scene where they were planning the setlist for the halloween show :)

Anyways, If we only got two songs out of all the unreleased tracks, I'd be happy with Hello Firecracker amd State of Shock

Anyways, If we only got two songs out of all the unreleased tracks, I'd be happy with Hello Firecracker amd State of Shock

Is their any audio of Hello Firecracker? I heard the name thrown around a lot, but i don't know where people are getting it from? Maybe i'm just missing something really obvious.

Is their any audio of Hello Firecracker? I heard the name thrown around a lot, but i don't know where people are getting it from? Maybe i'm just missing something really obvious.

Nope. It was just on a lot of those tracklists.

Nope. It was just on a lot of those tracklists.

Ahhhh ok, i probably have seen it but just forgot about it or not taken enough notice of it :/

I need a release of State of Shock. It sound awesome

No Dreamcatcher?

Anyone think we'll get to hear some of these songs any time soon?I don't mean demos or live performances, a propper release of one. Does anyone think that's coming?

No Dreamcatcher?

Nah, I'm happy enough with the live version we have. I want those two better

I agree, if I picked two Dreamcatcher wouldn't be one, although obviously it'd be ace to hear a studio version of it. What is it Bille said? Everything gets released eventually.

Hmm.... Sodapop Curtis eh?

Explains the whole "Last gang" lyric, and the subtitle on the songs sheet.

I honestly think that it would've been a better title then Rusty James, but maybe the idea was for the reference to be more allusive...

Hmm.... Sodapop Curtis eh?

Explains the whole "Last gang" lyric, and the subtitle on the songs sheet.

I honestly think that it would've been a better title then Rusty James, but maybe the idea was for the reference to be more allusive...

Nah, both of em suck. When you've been calling the song Last Gang in Town for an entire year and then you have to change the title, it's hard. Last Gang in Town is such a better name. It would look nice on the tracklist too

Sweet 16

Last Gang in Town

Oh Love

See how nice that looks?

Nah, both of em suck. When you've been calling the song Last Gang in Town for an entire year and then you have to change the title, it's hard. Last Gang in Town is such a better name. It would look nice on the tracklist too

Sweet 16

Last Gang in Town

Oh Love

See how nice that looks?

I could see that. It does naturally sound a lot better.

Either way, Rusty James is a fucking ace song!

Hopefully we'll get to hear some more of the trilogy some point soon, either with a b-side on an upcoming single (If there is one) or if the band just decide to release one.

i would love to hear 'dropout' if it wasnt released as something else - im sure billie joe said it was from C&V (sorry i know its not to do about the trilogy but it is a potential b-side)

i would love to hear 'dropout' if it wasnt released as something else - im sure billie joe said it was from C&V (sorry i know its not to do about the trilogy but it is a potential b-side)

How is a song from C&V a potential b side to album done 9 years later?

How is a song from C&V a potential b side to album done 9 years later?

It's a theory, but I'm convinced, that Green Day/Billie Joe wrote/recorded some songs - which are now on Uno, Dos and Tré - in 2002/2003, but it wasn't the right time to release them.

If you listen to "Supermarket" and "Private Hell" by Iggy Pop (feat. Green Day), you can hear the style Green Day may have had at that time (2003), "Private Hell" (correct me if I'm wrong) even sounds like a mix between The Network and Green Day. "Someone stole the master tapes" is, in my opinion, a simple lie.

WhiteTim, on 14 Jul 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:How is a song from C&V a potential b side to album done 9 years later?
walk away originated from C&V - so possibly some songs could make potential b-sides , it was just an idea

Honestly, they make a different number up every time they're asked this. It's been everything from 39 through to 65, and that has held true for every single record they've ever done. If it was true, we'd be drowning in b-sides by now, but we aren't.

For the most part, the ones he completed are are the ones we got.

I heard Billie say about 80 one time so i guess its to broad to guess the correct number.

WhiteTim, on 14 Jul 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:How is a song from C&V a potential b side to album done 9 years later?

walk away originated from C&V - so possibly some songs could make potential b-sides , it was just an idea

We have no idea if Walk Away is the same as the one meant for C&V

People need to stop saying that as fact...

WhiteTim, on 14 Jul 2013 - 6:31 PM, said:We have no idea if Walk Away is the same as the one meant for C&V

People need to stop saying that as fact...
ok good point , i think what ive been trying to get at is anything from the unreleased sessions of 2003 has a possibility as a b-side, we wouldnt know which session it was from if they didnt tell us

• 4 weeks later...

i have a few recodings and yes i thougth it would be a good bouns track

Can you upload them? There's obviously nothing coming out any time soon.

Archived