Bad, classless reviews of the trilogy are really pissing me off

Ashkonmusic

What I never got is why people read reviews. Is it to be able to bitch about reviewers or is it because you wanna know what others think about it? For the actual love of god, can't you just care about your own opinion and don't give a shit about others, atleast when it comes to music taste.

I agree with you, even if I’m one of…those. But I think the reason why these reviews keeps pissing us fans off is because this era (so far) hasn’t really gone as well as we expected. There hasn’t been any real promo and people outside of my bubble haven’t been informed about this, in my opinion, FANSTATIC TRIOLOGY. But then they read bad reviews and base their opinions on it. And most of the reviews I have read has been about how this is “the end of green day”, which is ridiculous. That being said, I think the anger and bitching is a defense mechanism, even if it’s an unnecessary one.

This is just my little theory and self-diagnosis. It’s my fourth one today; if I make five I eat cookies and cry. :mellow:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said they were their peers. I was naming off the most well known pop punk bands there are.

And yeah, I'm fairly certain a lot of them could. There's nothing experimental per se about these albums in general, each album is mostly standard pop punk. Most songs from iUno!, iDos!, and iTre! could be rearranged and they wouldn't feel out of place.

iUno! I agree is powerpop, but only part of iDos! fits into the garage rock category, and iTre! is mostly like iUno! and most of iDos!.

Standard Pop Punk Tracks:

Nuclear Family

Stay The Night

Let Yourself Go

Fell For You

Loss of Control

Troublemaker

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Rusty James

Oh Love

SWTRLF

Lazy Bones

Wild One

Stray Heart

Ashley

Baby Eyes

Nightlife

Amy

Missing You

8th AS

X-Kid

SD&V

LBNT

Amanda

99 Revolutions

Experimental Tracks:

Kill The DJ

Nightlife

Brutal Love

Dirty Rotten Bastards

The Forgotten

Garage Rock Tracks:

Fuck Time

Makeout Party

Lady Cobra

Wow! That's Loud

???? I'm so confused about where this conversation has gone. Again, I'm new to GDC, so maybe this type of thing is common, but some of the bickering amongst each other here is worse than reading the critics.

In any case, I tried to hold off, but I can't help chiming in here... For starters, your parameters for judging music just seem mind bogglingly different from mine. Any of these other bands could have made these records??? The very thing that makes Green Day, a great band, is that it's THEM. Noone could have made THESE records, but THEM. It's not just about the notes... it's about the way they sing, the way they play, the way they sound. Not to mention that the "standard" pop-punk song written by Green Day has always, in my opinion had an edge because of Billie Joe's incredible gift for writing catchy songs. All of this being said, Green Day does not need to do much more than sound like Green Day to make good music. I love when they experiment with different styles, and expand their sound... but Green Day can make "standard pop punk" (really, just rock n' roll to me) to the grave, and I will love it, because they're a good rock band that knows how to write a good song. Is it exciting when they push it further, absolutely, but a huge part of what these albums were about, was just making songs. Simple, good, rock songs.... in the Green Day style. There are influences from tons of classic rock and punk bands in the material, and they come off to me, as almost an homage to a lot of great rock n' roll of the past 40 years.

In any case, we are all entitled to our opinions... I just think if you contend that another band could have made these songs, you miss the core of what makes Green Day, Green Day. Not just the fact that Billie is a truly rare pop/rock and roll songwriter.... but the fact that it is them.

-a

would you like me to explain why they're terrible?

Yes. I think a lot of people get frustrated with people who say, 'these songs are awful', because that is presenting it as if it were a fact. Also, you can't really start a conversation with something like that. If you were to say 'I think these songs are terrible because...' then that is a different story, and can lead to a meaningful debate/discussion.

???? I'm so confused about where this conversation has gone. Again, I'm new to GDC, so maybe this type of thing is common, but some of the bickering amongst each other here is worse than reading the critics.

In any case, I tried to hold off, but I can't help chiming in here... For starters, your parameters for judging music just seem mind bogglingly different from mine. Any of these other bands could have made these records??? The very thing that makes Green Day, a great band, is that it's THEM. Noone could have made THESE records, but THEM. It's not just about the notes... it's about the way they sing, the way they play, the way they sound. Not to mention that the "standard" pop-punk song written by Green Day has always, in my opinion had an edge because of Billie Joe's incredible gift for writing catchy songs. All of this being said, Green Day does not need to do much more than sound like Green Day to make good music. I love when they experiment with different styles, and expand their sound... but Green Day can make "standard pop punk" (really, just rock n' roll to me) to the grave, and I will love it, because they're a good rock band that knows how to write a good song. Is it exciting when they push it further, absolutely, but a huge part of what these albums were about, was just making songs. Simple, good, rock songs.... in the Green Day style. There are influences from tons of classic rock and punk bands in the material, and they come off to me, as almost an homage to a lot of great rock n' roll of the past 40 years.

In any case, we are all entitled to our opinions... I just think if you contend that another band could have made these songs, you miss the core of what makes Green Day, Green Day. Not just the fact that Billie is a truly rare pop/rock and roll songwriter.... but the fact that it is them.

-a

When I said any band could do these albums I meant musically, I've said that numerous times.

Obviously Green Day has unique characteristics, mainly Billie's voice, but musically there isn't anything really to make these albums above average Green Day to me. Some reused guitar riffs, some melodies that bare strong resemblance to past songs, mostly meh to bad lyrics, some decent ones here and there. 21st CB is the type of album that should be 3 albums. That kind of experimentation, variety etc. this type of Green Day, the more stripped down one, is better on a single, tight album. The sound to me personally begant to wear thin.

There are songs on these albums that I felt really shined and felt impactful (Stay The Night, Wow! That's Loud, Missing You, X-Kid), but I feel they would have worked even better on a single album. This is just what I personally think, if you disagree than I respect your opinion.

I probably shouldn't be so straight up here, considering this is a fansite, it probably makes me come off as harsh, which isn't my intention.

Just read that Consequence of Sound article the OP posted. Now, while I agree with a few of things the OP has said, especially the fact that it's "cool" to "hate on Green Day," I actually don't the CoS article can be filed under the "cool to hate Green Day" category. As much as I disagree with it, it's actually refreshingly objective, which is rare with reviews now-a-days.

OP, I understand your frustrations, as I think we all feel the same, but this is something that's not going to change. WhiteTim was right when he said "If you like the album, then the reviews shouldn't matter." As much as we'd like to see Green Day prosper and gain success outside the scope of this community, we kind of have to take on the mentality that the band has preached for years: "You are your own sight."

I want to start by saying that I'm a Green Day fan from Berkeley. I have followed the boys from their early years to now, and I'm so appreciative of the fact that GD fans from across the world have come together to form this community. I just joined and this is my first post, so I don't really know what to expect. I've actually never posted on any online community page before, but the aforementioned topic had me heated to the point that I needed a place to shout my frustrations and connect with people who could understand.

Obviously not all of the Uno!Dos!Tre! reviews have been bad. Actually a lot of them have been extremely positive. I was very happy about Rolling Stone's review of Tre! for example. Generally speaking the reviews have been mixed, which is FINE. I am realistic and don't expect every review to be positive. While I really enjoy Uno!Dos!Tre!, I am aware of some flaws (Dos! is more of a Foxboro HotTubs album than a GD album IMO, Fuck Time and Nightlife never needed to happen, Brutal Love rips off Sam Cooke's "Bring it on Home to Me" a bit too much for my liking, etc.). But there is a difference between writing a negative review and being a mean spirited, unqualified, HATER. This review and others like it fall into that category for me.

Who the hell are you to tell one of the most accomplished bands of our generation to stop making records? It's one thing to critique the songs on a bands album, but it's another thing entirely to write an article that reeks of resentment, and hatred. Some of these goddamn reviewers are so detached from what it means to actually be in a band... they talk about these albums as if Green Day is just a cultural entity that should be this, or that, but the fact is that Green Day is just a band. A good band, that has been making good music for a very long time. They may not be your cup of tea, or you may like some albums better than others, but to disrespect these guys that have been making rock music at a high level for so long, it's just shameful. As Billie said himself, they've "been around since f'n nineteen eighty f'n eight. They're not Justin Bieber you motherF#@ckrs! LOL

Seriously though, so often critics forget that these are just guys making records. And I think particularly when you're talking about a band like GD, you need to show a degree of respect when you write about them. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on all of this, and for what it's worth, now that all three albums are out, I am so thoroughly enjoying having them all on one playlist and putting them on shuffle. What a slew of good rock and roll songs. Thanks boys.

-Ashkon from Berkeley

Hmmmm I'm not quite sure I agree with everything you're saying here. First of all, the review is fine. They have the right to say whatever it is they want, even if they are telling the band to stop. I don't agree with this of course, but y'know...freedom of speech and all. And I don't think it (quoting you here)'reeks of resentment and hatred' . They obviously did not enjoy the album, that's for sure. Even though they didn't like it though, they were pretty fair and they made their point nicely (nicely? I'm not really sure what word I'm looking for). There was no 'THIS ALBUM FUCKING SUCKS!!!'. Second of all, it doesn't matter how long a band has been around, how successful they've been or how well known they are. No, just no. It doesn't really matter what the band is like, it's not about them (there's probably a million people disagreeing with this, but it's my opinion!). All that matters is the music. So if Green Day's previous albums were all crap and they'd still deserve a fair review. And no dissing Justin Bieber! I don`t really like his music, but nowadays everyone just labels him as stupid and immature! Don`t be a labeler!

But I do agree with you when you say they should be respected. I think every artist deserves respect for what they do, and there should be no reason to diss their work just because you don`t like it. Anyone who has the guts to put their work out there is, for the lack of a better word, cool. One more thing, there is such a thing as an unqualified LOVER too, so keep that in mind.

I really liked your article, it gave me something to think about!

Hmmmm I'm not quite sure I agree with everything you're saying here. First of all, the review is fine. They have the right to say whatever it is they want, even if they are telling the band to stop. I don't agree with this of course, but y'know...freedom of speech and all. And I don't think it (quoting you here)'reeks of resentment and hatred' . They obviously did not enjoy the album, that's for sure. Even though they didn't like it though, they were pretty fair and they made their point nicely (nicely? I'm not really sure what word I'm looking for). There was no 'THIS ALBUM FUCKING SUCKS!!!'. Second of all, it doesn't matter how long a band has been around, how successful they've been or how well known they are. No, just no. It doesn't really matter what the band is like, it's not about them (there's probably a million people disagreeing with this, but it's my opinion!). All that matters is the music. So if Green Day's previous albums were all crap and they'd still deserve a fair review. And no dissing Justin Bieber! I don`t really like his music, but nowadays everyone just labels him as stupid and immature! Don`t be a labeler!

But I do agree with you when you say they should be respected. I think every artist deserves respect for what they do, and there should be no reason to diss their work just because you don`t like it. Anyone who has the guts to put their work out there is, for the lack of a better word, cool. One more thing, there is such a thing as an unqualified LOVER too, so keep that in mind.

I really liked your article, it gave me something to think about!

Check out some of my other posts on the issue. It took questioning from others to best explain my frustrations I think. Thanks for your response!

-a

I think the trilogy has been getting so many negative reviews...like...rude reviews because Green Day are so easy to pick on because they're popular. Plus, they're the only major band doing something like this in a long while. Also, the situation with Billie didn't help either, so there are people who just want to see the guys fall and they feel like this is their time to fail. It sucks, but I just try to ignore it...but it does really suck. I was actually surprised that rolling stone was very positive about the whole thing. That was nice to see at least.

When I said any band could do these albums I meant musically, I've said that numerous times.

Obviously Green Day has unique characteristics, mainly Billie's voice, but musically there isn't anything really to make these albums above average Green Day to me. Some reused guitar riffs, some melodies that bare strong resemblance to past songs, mostly meh to bad lyrics, some decent ones here and there. 21st CB is the type of album that should be 3 albums. That kind of experimentation, variety etc. this type of Green Day, the more stripped down one, is better on a single, tight album. The sound to me personally begant to wear thin.

There are songs on these albums that I felt really shined and felt impactful (Stay The Night, Wow! That's Loud, Missing You, X-Kid), but I feel they would have worked even better on a single album. This is just what I personally think, if you disagree than I respect your opinion.

I probably shouldn't be so straight up here, considering this is a fansite, it probably makes me come off as harsh, which isn't my intention.

Right on. Appreciate the post...I think it clarifies your points. I would just be careful labeling certain songs as typical this or that. For the most part I think all the songs on Uno!Dos!Tre! have that Billie Joe songwriting style that is in and of itself, unique. I do actually agree with you though, that overall, the songs may be too "standard" to have constituted a trilogy of albums. I myself love having so many good new songs to listen to, but can understand how the slew of material may have taken focus away from the best of what the trilogy had to offer. Especially to the less avid Green Day fan. And though a lot of folks have said it shouldn't matter what other people think, I love and believe in GD's music so much, I root for them to present their music in a way that gets the attention of other music lovers. All of that being said, I really, really enjoy a lot of songs on the trilogy, and love hearing them as a veteran band, making great, simple rock songs. Thanks for the chat!

-a

Right on. Appreciate the post...I think it clarifies your points. I would just be careful labeling certain songs as typical this or that. For the most part I think all the songs on Uno!Dos!Tre! have that Billie Joe songwriting style that is in and of itself, unique. I do actually agree with you though, that overall, the songs may be too "standard" to have constituted a trilogy of albums. I myself love having so many good new songs to listen to, but can understand how the slew of material may have taken focus away from the best of what the trilogy had to offer. Especially to the less avid Green Day fan. And though a lot of folks have said it shouldn't matter what other people think, I love and believe in GD's music so much, I root for them to present their music in a way that gets the attention of other music lovers. All of that being said, I really, really enjoy a lot of songs on the trilogy, and love hearing them as a veteran band, making great, simple rock songs. Thanks for the chat!

-a

I believe all of the songs, well, most of the songs (yeah, Nightlife, I'm looking at you...) were actually pretty decent. My issue with the trilogy is that they all kind of sound the same. Not exactly the same such as the cookie cutter radio pop nowadays, but similar. That's really my main issue. I can listen to a few songs or an album at a time, but I can't handle all three albums at once because I just get bored.

Especially with Dos. I did not like Dos very much at all you guys.

I think the trilogy has been getting so many negative reviews...like...rude reviews because Green Day are so easy to pick on because they're popular. Plus, they're the only major band doing something like this in a long while. Also, the situation with Billie didn't help either, so there are people who just want to see the guys fall and they feel like this is their time to fail. It sucks, but I just try to ignore it...but it does really suck. I was actually surprised that rolling stone was very positive about the whole thing. That was nice to see at least.

Exactly. I've read some reviews where it's like "Wait a minute, did this reviewer even listen to the trilogy?" No other band I know's ever released a trilogy of albums that wasn't some 20th anniversary kind of crap, so taking advantage of the situation is seems really easy, especially since I wouldn't consider the music the best of Green Day's career.

The Billie situation didn't help anything. Almost every review I've read has mentioned it, even though it's hardly related to the music at all.

I believe all of the songs, well, most of the songs (yeah, Nightlife, I'm looking at you...) were actually pretty decent. My issue with the trilogy is that they all kind of sound the same. Not exactly the same such as the cookie cutter radio pop nowadays, but similar. That's really my main issue. I can listen to a few songs or an album at a time, but I can't handle all three albums at once because I just get bored.

Especially with Dos. I did not like Dos very much at all you guys.

Exactly. I've read some reviews where it's like "Wait a minute, did this reviewer even listen to the trilogy?" No other band I know's ever released a trilogy of albums that wasn't some 20th anniversary kind of crap, so taking advantage of the situation is seems really easy, especially since I wouldn't consider the music the best of Green Day's career.

The Billie situation didn't help anything. Almost every review I've read has mentioned it, even though it's hardly related to the music at all.

Yeah I mean it's not the band's masterpiece by any means, but it's still a pretty good effort considering they released three full lengths albums this year. And I don't understand why reviewers make it seem like the situation with Billie has anything to do with the music.

Yeah I mean it's not the band's masterpiece by any means, but it's still a pretty good effort considering they released three full lengths albums this year. And I don't understand why reviewers make it seem like the situation with Billie has anything to do with the music.

I have no idea and it makes me mad, to be honest. His condition or whatever has nothing to do with anything.

Check out some of my other posts on the issue. It took questioning from others to best explain my frustrations I think. Thanks for your response!

-a

Cool, and I do get where you're coming from. It's just................uh..........yeah.

Well, do you know how to speak Croatian? Well, here it is http://www.vecernji.hr/kultura/lazni-punk-ljevicarstvo-hollywoodske-grupe-green-day-clanak-458148 take it to translate and you will understand in some way!

Thanks

No you didn't. You were criticizing negative reviews for legit points (saying that criticizing a song for being boring or feeling that it drags shouldn't be negative points, when that's clearly what they are), and saying some reviews were calling the album "gay".

What legit, non-blogisphere reviews called the album "gay"?

You can't criticize someone else's opinion and say they're wrong because YOU think the song is good, because that's basically telling someone they don't deserve their own opinion, which are what reviews are.

Dude,go on google search, type Green Day tre reviews, you will find a few of the reviews poorly written.HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY WE ARE DEALING WITH POORLY WRITTEN REVIEWS HERE AND NOT A PERSON'S GODDAMN OPINION??Man, you irritate

It doesn't bother me at all that people dislike the band. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just dislike the tasteless reviews that state "These albums are horrible." A good reviewer should at least state why it's a bad album.

Then there are the reviews that are obviously biased. I've read some where I question if they've even heard the albums...

Did you read what I wrote? That's basically what I said. I have no patience for just mindless attacking.

Thanks

Dude,go on google search, type Green Day tre reviews, you will find a few of the reviews poorly written.HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY WE ARE DEALING WITH POORLY WRITTEN REVIEWS HERE AND NOT A PERSON'S GODDAMN OPINION??Man, you irritate

I mean, Croatia never writes about Green Day, but when it has to, then Green Day is worst band ever.

Everything that anyone has ever done ever receives bad, classless reviews at some point. I sometimes feel that awful reviews are merely another sign of a band's greatness.

There are quite a few people in this forum who would denounce and give bad, classless reviews of today's pop music (i.e. T Swift, J Biebs, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, et. al.) And why? Because you don't feel like it even rates as music? Music today is not what it used to be, that's for sure. But it's still music. "

I noticed the biggest qualm with the trilogy music is that everyone is comparing it to Green Day's previous music. They are the same band, but these are not the same songs as can be found on Dookie, AI, Insomniac. The reason these reviews come across as bad and classless is that there is no objective way to "grade" a Green Day song. It's all subjective, it's all relative.

Some of the reviews appear to be written by whiny preteens who want to feel like they have a clue, but that's appearance and only a handful write like that. I personally want to take the trilogy as it is - an experimentation, new music for all to hear, and a way for the band to stay in shape musically and get some sales. Fuck bad, classless reviews that are actually bad and classless. Read the decent ones - you learn more when people disagree with you than when they agree. True story.

Hey guys, i'm new here, as you can tell by my name and profile pic, huge Guns N' Roses fan. I like GD a lot too but am also a big critic of the band as well, as I see way to many GD addicts who fail to see their flaws.

BJA descriced the 3 albums as: Uno-pop punk/"before the party" Dos- garage/"during the party", Tre- arena/"everyting thats left"

The 3 albums are all consisted of 3 minute catchy pop punk songs and the occasional crappy power ballad

Don't get me wrong I like the albums, but not for any sort of musical/lyrical genius. They are catchy songs that I can get into, but as for any deeper meaning, no. There is little substance to be found.

And as for the different genres the albums are supposed to sounds like, no, they all sound the same- catchy pop punk songs that have an upbeat tempo. None of this is either garage or epic. It is all pop punk

I've been reading through this thread for a few days and just wanted to add that I too agree. While some reviews do justify their negative claims, I have read through quite a few that reek of "this opinion was predetermined before even putting on the album, if I even did that", typically leaving me in a huge mess of irritation. I know this has been repeated several times in this thread already, but it is all too true. As a fan, a HUGE fan that obsesses over this group constantly, I'm no stranger to being ridiculed for listening to a "teens band". It's quite a drag, but I have become quite good at ACCURATELY defending the group. I'm not just some fanboy, I completely recognize tons of reasons for someone to not like this group. I really do. But I also have never understood it when people call them "sell outs" or "another trendy boy band". Yes, I ahve actually hear that last one. No joke, it has been said. What people to mistake is the timing on these claims. Green Day gets mistaken for a trend follower because of timing. People confuse the fact that Green Day SETS a lot of these trends that so many preach they follow. Or they get knocked for the makeup in AI, or that they sold out because AI, following the extrememely experimental Warning, was too mainstream, even though it really set a huge trend in it's wake.
In the end, Green Day will be a group that years down the road will be revered and respected and, most likely, held up a BIT too high, but it'll be quite an improvement from their current reputation. They'll be the next Beatles. Why? Because all of the fans right now will be quite old and will hold this group up very high, intriging younger people to listen to this fabled "Green Day" in a manner similiar to how tons of hipster kids of today got into the Beatles. It's an endless circle really. I wish that my favorite band of all time wasn't a part of it truthfully, as they deserve a bit more in my opinion.
On the trilogy, I think it's excellent. I think that many reviewers are rating it poor from mindless biased opinions. I think many fans rank it low because some are so stuck on the nostalgia of the older albums that nothing can beat Dookie, or nothing can measure up to the exact same power punk tone of Kerplunk and 1039. Some fans rank it so high because they are totally blinded by fandom, liking what the majority of fans likes and hating the ones most like. But then there are some who genuinely like it just because it's good music. I'm in that category. After weighing every aspect of this trilogy against itself and the rest of this incredible groups discography I decided that, in the end, I would not have preferred one single album. I think these are a great addition to the arsenal, even the awkward Nightlife. I personally hated Fuck Time at first, but it grew on me so damn quickly.
I'm not trying to make some grand and powerful statement that leaves you all in awe, but I jsut wanted to add my thoughts on this. I read reviews before, during, and after a movie/album release for tons of reasons. Before it sways me a bit as to if I want to or don't want to watch the film. It helps me settle on some expectations beforehand, while still keeping a level head. As I listen to an album from Green Day, I let negative reviews keep my knee jerk fan boy reaction at bay and helps me to see things for what they may be, opening me up to the fact that maybe these weren't their best works. After a release, I keep reading reviews to discuss with other fans and to see how my boys are doing in the market really. As of writing this, I think this trilogy is some of Green Days best work ever. Not as epic and complete as American Idiot, not as personally emotion as 21st Century Breakdown (I have a whole wonderful story concerning that one), not as groundbreaking on impact as Dookie, and not ignored enough as Insomniac and Nimrod to be a fan favorite. But damn, these are some great songs for sure.
Sorry for the long post, I'm up on Christmas eve and just couldn't sleep.
Have a wonderful Christmas Eve my fellow Idiots!

I mean, Croatia never writes about Green Day, but when it has to, then Green Day is worst band ever.

People have no sense of Music.Those crotians should know that the band they are telling sucks has won 5 Grammys

To all those people DEFENDING the revews: This thread is based on reviews which are negative FOR NO APPARENT REASON GIVEN.Even American Idiot recieved Bad reviews and so did Uno, Dos and Tre.Nobody minds bad reviews.I mean Not everyone is going to like the idea of the trilogy, which should be respected.The problem is that SOME OF THE REVEWS GIVE NO REASON ON WHY THEY HATE THE PARTICULAR ALBUM, which is irritating and dissappointing at the same time.None of us here are against Bad reviews.But if the review is bad, ATLEAST GIVE A REASON AS TO WHY IT IS BAD.I AM SORRY BUT IT'S BORING, DUM, LETHARGIC ETC is not valid.Tell us how it lacks musically, what elements would have made it better or WHY THE MUSICAL COMPOSITION OR LYRICAL COMPOSITION OF A SONG IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.Even if they have the dumest of the replies for this question, it is still acceptable, because every person has a different opinion.BUT IF YOU AVOID THESE QUESTIONS AND SAY THAT AN ALBUM SUCKS JUST BECAUSE IT DOES OR YOU KNEW FROM THE STARTING IT WOULD OR IT'S GOOD IF YOU DIG GREEN DAY AND STUFF, it is highly unacceptable.It's not that ALL REVIEWS for the trilogy are, but only some are, and those bad reviews are the cause for this anger.

SO PLEASE STOP DEFENDING THE REVIEWERS BY SAYING THAT EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINION AND STUFF, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT.WE ARE HERE TALKING ONLY ABOUT THESE IMMATURE REVIEWS.Thank You

People have no sense of Music.Those crotians should know that the band they are telling sucks has won 5 Grammys

Huh, but Justin Bieber there rocks.

The lyrics are horrendous.

That I heard. Maybe I shouldn't even check them, but it's hard that they ruin the song for me at this point :)

It just seems a little boring to me, for some reason. It has grown on me a little since the first time I heard it, I'll admit that.

Oh that's good I guess :) I really liked it from the very first time

To all those people DEFENDING the revews: This thread is based on reviews which are negative FOR NO APPARENT REASON GIVEN.Even American Idiot recieved Bad reviews and so did Uno, Dos and Tre.Nobody minds bad reviews.I mean Not everyone is going to like the idea of the trilogy, which should be respected.The problem is that SOME OF THE REVEWS GIVE NO REASON ON WHY THEY HATE THE PARTICULAR ALBUM, which is irritating and dissappointing at the same time.None of us here are against Bad reviews.But if the review is bad, ATLEAST GIVE A REASON AS TO WHY IT IS BAD.I AM SORRY BUT IT'S BORING, DUM, LETHARGIC ETC is not valid.Tell us how it lacks musically, what elements would have made it better or WHY THE MUSICAL COMPOSITION OR LYRICAL COMPOSITION OF A SONG IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.Even if they have the dumest of the replies for this question, it is still acceptable, because every person has a different opinion.BUT IF YOU AVOID THESE QUESTIONS AND SAY THAT AN ALBUM SUCKS JUST BECAUSE IT DOES OR YOU KNEW FROM THE STARTING IT WOULD OR IT'S GOOD IF YOU DIG GREEN DAY AND STUFF, it is highly unacceptable.It's not that ALL REVIEWS for the trilogy are, but only some are, and those bad reviews are the cause for this anger.

SO PLEASE STOP DEFENDING THE REVIEWERS BY SAYING THAT EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINION AND STUFF, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT.WE ARE HERE TALKING ONLY ABOUT THESE IMMATURE REVIEWS.Thank You

Yeah, please take it easy on the all caps dude, I literally cannot read your posts anymore.

Archived