Bad, classless reviews of the trilogy are really pissing me off

Ashkonmusic

Oh, I completely agree. I was happy with the reception the Rolling Stone gave... but some of these reviews are downright terrible.

My honest opinion on the trilogy is simple- they're fun. The albums aren't bad, by ANY means whatsoever. Green Day has, however, made some of the most memorable albums of the past 20 years. Dookie, American Idiot, Insomniac, all come to mind. They are going to have a tough time matching the medias expectations. Punk or not- that's their goal. The trilogy doesn't match up to any album they've made besides Warning. Some very, very good songs came out of it, Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go, Stray Heart, Nightlife (this is MY opinion, I know lots of people don't like it, but it's a very, very, cool song), X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, the Forgotten.. all excellent songs. Not one of these matches up to Warning or Minority, in my opinion, however the songs built around them are better than the ones in Warning, in MY opinion, anyways.

That review was horrific. Good Riddance is one of Green Days best songs, if not THE best Green Day song so comparing anything to it is absolutely moronic.

Honestly, I had fun the first time I listened to all of the albums. Now, I'll play some of my favs from the album here and there, but I don't give them full listens like I still do with American Idiot, or 21CB, or Dookie.

We should do nothing but expect Green Day to start bitching again. Bitching is what they do best, and that's what I want to hear from them. Sounds silly, but what else is a song like American Idiot? Complaining is what I like to hear, and that's exactly what I expect from them in the years to come. They probably don't have a whole lot now to do but watch the news, anyways.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry I had to sleep and miss Axl being butthurt. On the upside, it gave me something to chuckle about into my cereal this morning.

On topic, every album will have shit reviews. Like I said before, people have opinions, and the internet unfortunately lets every idiot *COUGHTAXLROSECOUGH* share them. If people write crap, misinformed, needlessly judgmental reviews of the trilogy, who gives a fuck? They're not going to change your mind about it.

If you enjoyed the trilogy, that's whats important. Stop reading reviews online and actually listen to the 37 new songs we have.

Yeah dude. That is true information from sources provided by wikipedia and GDA themselves. Im not sure if you do but wikipedia is pretty fucking reliable and GDA is just as much. I think they know their shit. You lost man. Green Day sold way more. Only the Beatles have sold over 100 million records and that wasnt for another 50 years man. Give up. You're going to lose. I and all of us know what we are talking about. We have done the research, I did the math. I worked for about an hour finding the amount of album sales so dont tell its some goddamn piece of shit "false information". Prove it to me its false information and give me reliable sources to back them up. Until then, fuck off and die.

Yeah dude. That is true information from sources provided by wikipedia and GDA themselves. Im not sure if you do but wikipedia is pretty fucking reliable and GDA is just as much. I think they know their shit. You lost man. Green Day sold way more. Only the Beatles have sold over 100 million records and that wasnt for another 50 years man. Give up. You're going to lose. I and all of us know what we are talking about. We have done the research, I did the math. I worked for about an hour finding the amount of album sales so dont tell its some goddamn piece of shit "false information". Prove it to me its false information and give me reliable sources to back them up. Until then, fuck off and die.

Technically, I'm trying to, uh, perpetuate the argument or anything, but according to Wikipedia, both of them are technically right. Guns N' Roses have sold 100 million albums worldwide, but only 45 million in the United States. So yeah, whatever.

Technically, I'm trying to, uh, perpetuate the argument or anything, but according to Wikipedia, both of them are technically right. Guns N' Roses have sold 100 million albums worldwide, but only 45 million in the United States. So yeah, whatever.
Yeah Im trying to find other sources, I saw that too..

lol.

Well, do you know how to speak Croatian? Well, here it is http://www.vecernji.hr/kultura/lazni-punk-ljevicarstvo-hollywoodske-grupe-green-day-clanak-458148 take it to translate and you will understand in some way!

Hahaha, I'm from Croatia and I could barely understand it. It's like it was translated through Google Translator or something. Clearly it was written by someone who hates Green Day, and knows barely nothing about them. They keep saying they try to ''sell their music as punk'' while Billie said what genres Trilogy is.

Hahaha, I'm from Croatia and I could barely understand it. It's like it was translated through Google Translator or something. Clearly it was written by someone who hates Green Day, and knows barely nothing about them. They keep saying they try to ''sell their music as punk'' while Billie said what genres Trilogy is.

Yes, but after i read it 100 times, i understand it like something.

I may be late to this and all but holy hell is that Axl guy a fucking idiot. All the "facts" he stated were wrong and can be proven wrong.

Beatles have sold way more than 100 millon...

Elton John has sold nearly 300 million records...

The beatles have sold over 1 billion units. Just sayin.

I thought it was 900 Million

anyway,

back on topic everybody!!!!

edit: Page own

I really know where you are coming from. I can see why this article made you flip your lid. This review had some very harsh statements but hidden with it being very well written and a "best of luck goes out to Billie in rehab" Haha. But lets just point out that this was said when "not bad" is considered a positive note in a bands ongoing existence, the end is not nigh. it's already here. That's what got me. Are you kidding me? And then telling them to 'walk away' You keep letting kesha, Rihanna and lets not forget to mention Justin bieber run the music of today. While GD's amazing DEDICATED fan base listens to real music.

We are working off of just core discography. If you count Live Cd/DVDs, Compilations, and other released works both would be over 100 million I believe.

If you enjoyed the trilogy great! If not, thats fine too. Billie Joe wrote a song called "reject"! He doesn't care what anybody thinks about what he writes, who cares if NME or some other magazine's reviewer doesn't like his new material... Billie "does what he wants..."

Archived