X-Kid official video

Mauri

But it's not a single, right? So this is not an official video we'll see on tv. It's like those videos for Nuclear Family, Troublemaker and Stay the Night, they were promoting the songs. This time they kept it..simple, I guess. I actually like it :)

It is a single, actually. Radio 104.5 has been playing it out here. But I'm fairly certain this is *not* the official video.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...remember Billie's tweet??

"Our next album will be available on cassette only"

Yeah :lol:

I wonder who thought of this? Like Green Day is sitting around and talking about putting out a video for Tre and then someone is like "Eureka! Let have the whole video for x-kid be of a tape playing!" And everyone turns around and says "You, my friend, are brilliant."

Or maybe this has so much symbolism that it is going way over my head?

Either way. Not a fan :P

I've been looking forward to the video for x-kid and if this happens to be the official one, I'll be very disappointed.

X-kid is such a great song and it has the potential to become a great hit, which I think this triology needs. Please don't screw it up.

It is a single, actually. Radio 104.5 has been playing it out here. But I'm fairly certain this is *not* the official video.

Oh ok. Well obviously this is not the official video. And even if it was it'd be ok anyway. The song makes look good even a simple cassette :)

This is probably just a promotion tool not really a Music Video. They probably did this to get a great song out there for people to hear and get excited about.

You guys really need to know your music video history :happy: Totally a nod to The Replacements video for "Bastards of Young" who we know Billie loves.

Check it out and google it - it's one of the great fuck yous of music video history....

http://youtu.be/fl9KQ1Mub6Q

I think it was better if the cassette was stuck and then Billie Joe trying to fix it with his fingers :lol:

I hope they make a real video, the song has such a great meaning, the video could be great.

I hope this is not the "official" video in the sense of "music video" :lol:

The song deserves a super awesome mind-blowing music video!

It's look more like alternative video. Waiting for the real music video.

Continue for what I said before: Billie put back the tape, play it, but then something wrong with it and the film keep pop out from it and they can't control it. Oh and they dressed like in the 80's :lol:

I wonder how long it took to make this video..... 4:11?!! :lol:

plus maybe a second to get the idea :lol: (or Billie's tweet that they wanna release the next record on cassette xD)

X-Kid is an excellent song but the video is a waste of time. Also, google chrome malware warning lolwut

haha now cassettes are malwares...dunno whether i should find that funny or sad, cos cassettes were cool :P

i btw somehow think that video is cool...didn't billie once say that the trilogy should be a "big fuck you to everybody"? ...and they said they wanna keep it simple...and they wanna go back to their routes...well, they did everything they promised before...

I think it's a kind of announcement saying that the next single will be X-Kid. Maybe they are just showing the song for the YouTube public and warning them. Something like: "Listen to this amazing song, soon we will have a kick ass video for it"... I am really putting my faith on this video.

Well, I like the video! I think it's kind of cool, no plot, just the music, enjoy. Maybe it's there just so everybody can go to Youtube and listen to the song? who knows.

You guys really need to know your music video history :happy: Totally a nod to The Replacements video for "Bastards of Young" who we know Billie loves.

Check it out and google it - it's one of the great fuck yous of music video history....

Yeah I thought the same thing :) I got in to The Replacements because of Billie!

Am I the only one who thought during the whole video "Something will happen! NOW" ??? ^^

haha yeah same here...it was actually rather exciting than boring cos i always thought there'd come something xD

I actually like it a lot. Maybe it has something to do with Billie's tweet a while ago :ninja::P

Our next album will be available on cassette only

thought about that as well...maybe they misunderstood that a bit or misread it or something like that...in the tweet it says an album should be ON cassette and not a video of a song should include nothing but a cassette :lol:

Guys the point of the video is so you can focus on the music, not some huge theatrical video. Appreciate some minimalism every now and then, would you?

Archived