Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

We've consolidated the Clubs, Other Artists, Musicians Lounge, and other subforums into one new one called "Interests". Read the details here and leave your feedback.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

X-Kid official video

187 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think a lot of people here are overstating the meaning behind the video. It's a shout back to what they deem "the good old days" or as in Amy "the glory days" with the record bins. I doubt it's any grandiose statement or attack or containing any subtle meaning etc.

What do you mean no meaning?! It's all right there in front of you! The usage of a cassette tape shows that they're mourning the loss of the past. They could've easily went with an opaque tape, but the clear plastic totally represents how see-through and shallow popular music is nowadays. Not to mention how the tape suddenly rewinds at the end. That goes along with their yearning to go back to simpler times and their inherent inability to do so. And and...

Oh fuck it. :lol: It's JUST a tape being played. Sit back and enjoy the simplicity of it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It would be a nice Christmas present if they released the real video on the 25th. Just saying...

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one who was kinda waiting for it to explode?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yea, i did wait. But I was kinda disapointed when i didn't saw this "bang".

Posted · Report post

:lol:

Posted · Report post

I made a lyric video for X-Kid.. and well..

http://youtu.be/mCfKUt3JCVA

I want your video to be official one instead

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like it! I'm young but I used to have cassettes when I was a kid. Now I'm "not so young" anymore so it kinda felt funny listening to X-Kid while watching that video. I used to love sitting by a cassette player listening to stuff. :} That video is simple and it works. I'm ok with this.

Also The Replacements <3

Posted · Report post

By the way, X-Kid seems to be the official first single from Tré! according to Billboard.

Posted · Report post

I love X-Kid but it's too bad that the part "I fell in love but it didn’t catch your fall" doesn't a repetition "with the voices and the drums" I really love this part that gives me chills everytime I listen to it.

Posted · Report post

This is NOT the official video for X-Kid!

Look at the titlie. It says:

Green Day - "X-Kid" - Album: ¡TRE!

If you look at the official video for Let Youself Go, Nuclear Family, Oh Love, Klil the Dj etc. It allways says:

Green Day: (Songtitle) - [Official Video]

So please don´t make jokes of this video `cause I´m sure Green Day will make a 'Real' und official video when Billie is out of rehab. :)

:D

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

This is NOT the official video for X-Kid!

Look at the titlie. It says:

Green Day - "X-Kid" - Album: ¡TRE!

If you look at the official video for Let Youself Go, Nuclear Family, Oh Love, Klil the Dj etc. It allways says:

Green Day: (Songtitle) - [Official Video]

So please don´t make jokes of this video `cause I´m sure Green Day will make a 'Real' und official video when Billie is out of rehab. :)

:D

I hope you're right :ermm:

Posted · Report post

time ago greenday.com tlad us that the band was going to record a now video in jenuary so...this X-Kid video isn't official