X-Kid official video

Mauri

No but seriously, I fucking love it. I hope Kerrang appreciates this and plays the fucking shit out of it. X-Kid is so good, it doesn't need a fucking video.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a great video and I hope this is the "official music video" for the song! A great tribute to The Replacements as mentioned above, way better IMO than looking at studio footage with the pre-recorded audio playing over.

If I'm watching reharsal video, I want to hear the live audio, that really bugged me about the Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, etc. videos.

Anyone remember this tweet from Billie?

BJAofficial: Our next album will be available on cassette only

https://twitter.com/BJAofficial/status/76056544801849344

Well, but with or without official video, the song is fucking awesome. And the video reminds me of Bastards Of Young (everybody is saying that, and it's true), one of the biggest Billie's inspirations. Simple, but cool.

I think it's funny and I like it. It really goes with the "no rules, make rules up as you go" vibe of the trilogy.

On the other hand, I don't think it fits this particular song, this kind of video would have fit better with ¡Dos! songs imo.

Also, I think we still have to wait and see if it's an official video as in Oh Love lyric video or the actual music video.

A wise man once told me that people pay more attention to music if there is no video played.

It would be cool if Billie Joe said something about it on Instagram, like it's a reference to The Replacements, but it's very obvious I guess.

Why I can't use a pencil to rewind this tape?!

try your finger....

It started stopped halfway through for me, I thought it was torn. Don't know where to put the sticky tape though :(

It should be an app for iPhone or something like that (where you can do it with your fingers :P).

It should be an app for iPhone or something like that (where you can do it with your fingers :P).

The awkward moment when the tape is actually thicker than the iPhone :P

Even if I want to, I can't say I like it 'cause it would be a lie... I really really love the song, it has nothing to do with it, but when I like a video I am going to watch it again and again, and it's not going to happen with this one because-let's face it-it's quite boring :/

Thanks for explaining the shout-out to The Replacements, the cassette thing at least makes some sense now (and I cracked the fuck up when it started rewinding at the end, what a flashback to some old memories that was!) What I want to know is:

1. Where the hell did they find a cassette player and a tape to use for the shoot anyway?

2. When are they gonna make a T-shirt out of this?

3. Whether the "Director's Cut" has the tape getting eaten in the middle of playback and either Billie or Mike yelling out "FUCK." before they fix it.

I doubt this is the official video. I mean, I remember when Cigarettes & Valentines came out and there was two videos for it; the live one and the lyric one. I am sure this is just a video with a high quality recording of X-Kid.

Expect the real video to be released after Christmas, I bet

Burn in hell :angry Pencil and cassette are the best combination ever!

try your finger....

It doesn't work :confused:

I hope they will make normal video because this song deserves it!

I have to admit. I laughed.

It's a bit cheeky, like the guys.

On a more somber note... The band is not around. All we have of them are recordings right now. I think it's appropriate, especially with the song they chose to do this kind of video.

Well. Never watching that again. It would have put me to sleep if I wasn't waiting the whole time thinking something would eventually happen. Why did they even make this? Or release it? It seems so pointless. :/ This must be some kind of joke. I'll just wait for the official video...

And no, this is not better than Oh Love. How can anyone even say that?! At least something happened in Oh Love!!

Well. Never watching that again. It would have put me to sleep if I wasn't waiting the whole time thinking something would eventually happen. Why did they even make this? Or release it? It seems so pointless. :/ This must be some kind of joke. I'll just wait for the official video...

And no, this is not better than Oh Love. How can anyone even say that?! At least something happened in Oh Love!!

^here is you

^ here is the point

Hint: You missed it.

The point is to enjoy the song.

Who the hell believes this is the official video of the song? of course it's NOT! -.-' wake up guys!

Who the hell believes this is the official video of the song? of course it's NOT! -.-' wake up guys!

I don't believe it is, but I wish it was. :P

Archived