X-Kid official video

Mauri

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I literally opened another tab and let the music play in the background after one minute of staring at the tape...

I like the song a lot; although is not a 'happy' one =/ But the the most exciting part of this is when it ends and the tape starts to rewind.

I wouldn't call it the official video... but it is what it is. Kinda cool after all.

The fact that it's probably a nod to The Replacements' Bastards of Young is the only reason why I appreciate this video :lol:

Green Day-Lemme tell you something.Lemme tell you something.I have been around waiting for a good single and an official vdeo since two thousand fucking nine.And all you give me is one fucking video with a casette in it? You gotta be fucking kidding.What the fuck?This is a fucking joke!!We are not fuking justin beiber fans you motherfuckers.This is a fucking joke!! :( :/ :P

I like the video it fits the song. Has a nice meaning as well you see the cassette tape and you look back at the time when they were around and notice how time has changed, goes pretty well with the song's meaning I think :happy:

I think they just wanted to give us something 'til we wait their return and the tour... and this could easily have been made by Billie Joe so, have fun watching the tape!

I think a lot of people here are overstating the meaning behind the video. It's a shout back to what they deem "the good old days" or as in Amy "the glory days" with the record bins. I doubt it's any grandiose statement or attack or containing any subtle meaning etc.

I really like this. The simplicity and starkness of it speaks to how the song is, gritty and grayscale and full of such a deep, dull pain ; it doesn't need elaboration, all you have to do is listen.

Y'know it's simple and I think it's good because you spend more attention to the song than to a shitty music video :P And the song and the lyrics are really awesome.

I know. I was disappointing I like Green Day's old videos like Basket Case. The American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia videos weren't that bad either... Other than just watching a tape I would much have preferred something like a video off UNO with the band playing.

I'll say it for you. Take away the lyrics and it's a better music video by a fucking mile. :P

Haha, I know, right? :lol:

I was hoping the video to be something like my lyric video, but the tape made me laugh so hard. :lol: Oh, Green Day. :wub:

The fact that Tre took a picture of that video makes me fear that that's all we're getting for X-Kid.

I think a lot of people here are overstating the meaning behind the video. It's a shout back to what they deem "the good old days" or as in Amy "the glory days" with the record bins. I doubt it's any grandiose statement or attack or containing any subtle meaning etc.

What do you mean no meaning?! It's all right there in front of you! The usage of a cassette tape shows that they're mourning the loss of the past. They could've easily went with an opaque tape, but the clear plastic totally represents how see-through and shallow popular music is nowadays. Not to mention how the tape suddenly rewinds at the end. That goes along with their yearning to go back to simpler times and their inherent inability to do so. And and...

Oh fuck it. :lol: It's JUST a tape being played. Sit back and enjoy the simplicity of it.

Archived