Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Punishment For Rapists.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,059 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,363 rep

I am sickened that I live in a country like India. On 17th of December, a 23 year old student was gang-raped in a moving bus at night. She was not even alone, a male friend was accompanying her. After raping her, she and her male friend were beaten brutally and thrown out of the vehicle. That girl is suffering so much, I can't even write.

She is critical still after 2 days, has undergone multiple surgeries and almost all of her intestines have been removed.

You can read about the current condition of the Girl here: 

http://www.ndtv.com/...-removed-307392

After this incident, people have come onto the streets to protest about a girl's safety in the streets of India because this is not the only case. This year 635 rapes had already been reported as of December 15, 2012. You can well imagine what kind of hell I live in. The punishment of the rapists is also not severe. They are entitled to minimum ten years on imprisonment. But, is that enough? I just couldn't handle this situation, its so frustrating. We have been demanding for a death sentence for these demons. 

You can read about the Punishment as in the Constitution of India, which we are demanding of amending: 

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1279834/

I have so much to say but I don't have the words. I am just interested to know about your take on this, what is the punishment that befits these kind of bastards and what is the punishment for such people in your countries.

You can read the whole thing about the girl here: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-20753075

And I would owe it to you guys a lot if you just signed this petition:

https://www.change.o...-stop-rape-now?

There are protest for this case all over India in different cities, I am unable to join it as I am having fucking  exams but I am planning to do it after they are over. A change is a must, I believe or these people will keep getting away with it.

If this topic is in the wrong place or unnecessary, please move/close it.

• Disapperingirl, Miracless and musso_kn like this

Kayfabe

Kayfabe
  • syllables, killaholic

• 14,306 posts
  • Joined Jun 20, 2009
  • 2,852 rep
After this incident, people have come onto the streets to protest about a girl's safety in the streets of India because this is not the only case. This year 635 rapes had already been reported as of December 15, 2012. 

In the entire country? Isn't India's population touching a billion people?

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,443 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 5,720 rep

I don't think 10 years is enough but I don't think the death penalty is a good idea either, because there's always the risk of catching the wrong person. It's not just that, though - being imprisoned is a much worse punishment than death. Then they'll go through the torture and prolonged humiliation that they deserve.

Just signed the petition, it makes me sick that people could even consider doing things like this.

• It's Splash Time likes this

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Das ist doch nicht für Menschen.

• 6,113 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,859 rep

Death Penalty.

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Puré

• 15,540 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,661 rep
In Norway rapists are hardly punished at all. The maximum jail time is 21 years, and rape is at most 10 years, but it mostly varies from 4 to 5 years.

Storer

Storer
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 33 rep

POPULAR

If a guy rapes someone, cut his dick off. There's your punishment.

• Velocity, Florence, ChelseaDagger and 6 others like this

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,072 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 2,808 rep
In the entire country? Isn't India's population touching a billion people?

Uh huh, but most rapes go unreported, which is a problem in itself. 

• Marius Pontmercy likes this

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • I'm at the bottom of your list of things to do.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,873 rep

I know of someone here who raped someone (as well as various counts of sexual assault) and was only imprisoned for a weekend. He had to sign the sex offenders' register for 4 years, but got a well paid job and a girlfriend. It upsets me so much that the punishment is barely existent for the perpetrator while the victim has to live with the pain all their life.

gdpony

gdpony
  • Anna Molly

• 10,538 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2009
  • 1,225 rep
This is awful, it's the reality I live in too. I know how you feel, powerless and angry. Hopefully someday authorities will focus on real situations and problems like this one, instead of worrying about how to steal money from us.

Mr Panda

Mr Panda
  • Let's be happy :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 1,542 rep
I am sickened that I live in a country like India. On 17th of December, a 23 year old student was gang-raped in a moving bus at night. She was not even alone, a male friend was accompanying her. After raping her, she and her male friend were beaten brutally and thrown out of the vehicle. That girl is suffering so much, I can't even write.

She is critical still after 2 days, has undergone multiple surgeries and almost all of her intestines have been removed.

You can read about the current condition of the Girl here: 

http://www.ndtv.com/...-removed-307392

After this incident, people have come onto the streets to protest about a girl's safety in the streets of India because this is not the only case. This year 635 rapes had already been reported as of December 15, 2012. You can well imagine what kind of hell I live in. The punishment of the rapists is also not severe. They are entitled to minimum ten years on imprisonment. But, is that enough? I just couldn't handle this situation, its so frustrating. We have been demanding for a death sentence for these demons. 

You can read about the Punishment as in the Constitution of India, which we are demanding of amending: 

http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1279834/

I have so much to say but I don't have the words. I am just interested to know about your take on this, what is the punishment that befits these kind of bastards and what is the punishment for such people in your countries.

You can read the whole thing about the girl here: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-20753075

And I would owe it to you guys a lot if you just signed this petition:

https://www.change.o...-stop-rape-now?

There are protest for this case all over India in different cities, I am unable to join it as I am having fucking  exams but I am planning to do it after they are over. A change is a must, I believe or these people will keep getting away with it.

If this topic is in the wrong place or unnecessary, please move/close it.

a disgust for people like us...such a disastrous event that to in the country's capital...feeling ashamed :( may god be with the girl!

Ritz

Ritz

• 12,059 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,363 rep

Oh I am so sorry. 635 rapes have been reported in that city so far.

What disgusts me is that these demons rape children too. 5years old, 6 years old.. How sickening is that!?!

I think they should be castrated.

After these 5-10 years or whatever punishment, that person will walk free but think of the girl who has to live through that her whole life. The mental trauma that she has to go through. Will it fade away in 10 years? I don't think so.

Rianne

Rianne
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2010
  • 524 rep

Recently I read the punishment in Holland will be a bit tougher for rapists. Instead of a minimum of 24 months in prison, it'll be a minimum of 36 months. Still not nearly enough in my opinion though.

Requila

Requila
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Joined Aug 20, 2011
  • 385 rep

Well, in comparison to laws here, a minimum of 10 years jail-time isn't that low. Not that I don't agree with you, but just to put things in perspective, there's this news which came out yesterday here in  Holland, a totally different situation and rather sexual abuse than rape but you get the idea. It was a was a 42-year-old dad who've had sex multiple times with his 15-year-old stepdaughter and filmed it. He didn't have to go to jail because that would mean that he'd lose his job and cause "the family to fall apart", besides he suffered from PDD-NOS and he already went in therapy by himself. That are Dutch judges for you..

Sperm

Sperm
  • Gone but not forgotten - FoREVer Jinx<3

• 4,456 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2010
  • 4,060 rep

There has been many children rapes going on in the last few years in my country and the punishments are really stupid. 

2-3 years prison or $2,000 bail. Seriously?

It's disgusting and it encourages more rapists to keep doing what their doing because obviously they get away with it easily.

PixlovesBJA

PixlovesBJA
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2012
  • 1,556 rep

The girl has passed away. :( 

Now, I don't even know what to say, I'm just so scared to even go out of my house now. 

This is so depressing. They call it Incredible India and I fee like crying. :(

Advertising

Ritz

Ritz

• 12,059 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,363 rep
The girl has passed away. :(

Now, I don't even know what to say, I'm just so scared to even go out of my house now. 

This is so depressing. They call it Incredible India and I fee like crying. :(

What? No. Where did you see it?

ChelseaDagger

ChelseaDagger
  • boulevard of sweet ass creams

• 5,117 posts
  • Joined Jul 13, 2009
  • 2,214 rep

Ritz, thank you for posting this.

It's sickening, disgusting, despicable, and leaves me not even knowing what to say, leaves me with a loss of words and tears in my eyes.

But it needs to be posted and people need to be aware, and things need to CHANGE.

With a  heavy heart, I am going to sign the petition now...

PixlovesBJA

PixlovesBJA
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2012
  • 1,556 rep
What? No. Where did you see it?

I'm not sure. I just saw it on my news feed. And, I googled it, there's no news about it. 

Ritz

Ritz

• 12,059 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,363 rep
I'm not sure. I just saw it on my news feed. And, I googled it, there's no news about it. 

Fake I am sure. No news anywhere about it.

PixlovesBJA

PixlovesBJA
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined Jan 14, 2012
  • 1,556 rep
Fake I am sure. No news anywhere about it.

I hope it is fake. My heart literally sank. :( 

May god be with her. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,023 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,783 rep
In my country, a rapist got out after 4 months this week because he could afford to pay 75,000 in damages to the woman he raped. Whereas a guy who dodged taxes on importing garlic is getting six years. It's a fucking joke.

TurBo

TurBo
  • Welcome to Paradise

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined Dec 17, 2012
  • 9 rep

It's a fucking disgrace, sickening.

Guest_As Good As It Gets_*

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

I don't believe in an eye for an eye - punishing someone who commits a terrible crime such as rape should not be killed or maimed in any way by the state, no matter how strongly people may feel about doing so. It doesn't solve any problems at all. 

Instead, we should look to ways of addressing the issues that lead to the crimes - everything starts from something, and there are ways to help people before they snap. In cases of rape, steps such as motivating people to contribute to society in a more positive way significantly help to prevent these crimes taking place. This can be done in a number of ways, but I think the main way above all is to actually listen - people who are ignored and left to fend for themselves on a daily basis become incredibly unpredictable and will eventually break, and more should be done to help them. To kill them off would be to give up on them completely, and I don't think anyone has the right to do that to someone. My 2p

Storer

Storer
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Joined Sep 01, 2009
  • 33 rep

OR, you could just, you know... Not rape someone.

• johndorkian, Marius Pontmercy and fiercecircus like this

• Joined --
  • 0 rep

That's easy to say if you've never lived in an environment where people constantly break you and undermine you as a individual. You and I are both aware that to rape someone is a choice, but not everyone in this world is aware that we all have a choice on what to do with our lives. That's why education and motivation to become someone who contributes positively to society is vital.

missminority182

missminority182
  • You Can't Kill the Me in You

• 8,196 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,726 rep

people are disturbed .....  well you gotta consider how they got that way in the first place.

Eva

Eva
  • Rebel Without a Car

• 6,067 posts
  • Joined Jun 09, 2011
  • 4,391 rep

I'd say the death sentence is a little severe, but they should get more jail time than ten years. 

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,213 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,248 rep

I'm against capital punishment but I'm not opposed to victims who kill their assailants during or right after the act being granted justifiable homicide. 

Rape is a choice and it's a fucked up one to make. There is no such thing as someone not being able to control themselves, you never have to sexually force yourself upon another human being in any circumstance ever. 

It's hard for me to balance my desire for a rehabilitation focused justice system with my hatred for total fucking assholes. I don't even know. 

• Joined --
  • 0 rep
I'm against capital punishment but I'm not opposed to victims who kill their assailants during or right after the act being granted justifiable homicide. 

Rape is a choice and it's a fucked up one to make. There is no such thing as someone not being able to control themselves, you never have to sexually force yourself upon another human being in any circumstance ever. 

It's hard for me to balance my desire for a rehabilitation focused justice system with my hatred for total fucking assholes. I don't even know. 

I agree with you with justifiable homicide, but rather than prosecuting the rape victim, they too should be helped through counselling and motivation to remain a positively contributing member of society. There is no such thing as someone not being able to control themselves, but the ones who do choose to rape don't know that the choice exists, which is why they should be educated before they make that choice.

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Das ist doch nicht für Menschen.

• 6,113 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,859 rep
If a guy rapes someone, cut his dick off. There's your punishment.

I agree. Or death penalty.

• Floyd Pinkerton likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users