Songs you always skipped and now love

DTH

i'd say please post only non trilogy songs on here. they are just to fresh to say you "always" skipped them. and it would be cool if you can tell what made you enjoy the songs more.

recently it was "are we the waiting". i always thought its the most boring song green day ever did.

then i saw the AI documentary again, where billie is singing it. and thats where it kind of hit me... i never could connect to the song, but then seeing the emotion behind it made me love it. great song.

and i never cared in the first year after 21stcbd for christians inferno. now its one of my favourites from 21stcbd. i like how the lyrics present this insight view of someone going crazy and just hating mankind and wanting to destroy everything. and the music delivers the story in the song pretty well. verse: christians sick thoughts and then the chorus: euphoric cause he finally does it or he imagines doing some kind of mass murder... when i hear the chorus i get that image of someone really got taken away and living in his own world and enjoying killing people and feeling euphoric doing it. very dark song. i read a review where the reviewer said, the melody in the chorus is to happy for the lyrics. I'd say it fits perfectly.

and haushinka: never liked it, but when hearing it after 1039/smoothed... songs made me appriciate it a lot more lately.

i like this thread.. I used to skip The Judge's Daughter all the time.. now i love it. Same with One of my lies.

I used to skip their non-hits. Now I listen to most of their catalogue :P

I wouldn't say I *love* any of the songs I used to skip, but I've grown a tolerance for Christian's Inferno and See the Light after initial revulsion. I even would go so far as to say I really like Christian's Inferno now.

What about songs we liked moderately upon first listen and now skip? :lol: That would be Know Your Enemy.

there is room for another thread ;) there are so much songs i listened constantly to and now dont really care at all about them.

there is room for another thread ;) there are so much songs i listened constantly to and now dont really care at all about them.

LOL yeah the "Songs you've stopped caring about" thread :lol: I'm sure you'll see a lot of the hits in there too ;)

I wouldn't say I listen to it much, but I used to always skip Jaded, and now I really admire it as a song. I still don't really listen to it much, but in theory I would :P

This is a very good topic! Some of mine would be:

- Extraordinary Girl

- Christian's Inferno

- Horseshoes and Handgrenades

That's most of them. Nost songs I just kinda like or really like from the beginning, and then there are those that don't really care to listen to. These are really the only ones that I changed my view on. :P

and then there are those that don't really care to listen to. These are really the only ones that I changed my view on. :P

and those are the songs that one usually likes the most after you changed your view on them. they kind of stay with you.

i forgot another song:

church on sunday. one of the happiest sounding songs they ever did. and this time the lyrics kind of fit to that upbeat tune ;)

Paper Lanterns, At The Library, 80, Android, No One Knows, Chump, Panic Song, Jackass.

Not that I didn't like these songs to begin with, but I always liked other ones better.

Now I LOVE the three from Kerplunk!, on all my playlists I make now

21 Guns after it was overplayed to death. But if it comes on, I get into it, just a little bit. Most songs on 21st Century Breakdown have grown on me as well, especially Murder City, Static Age, Before the Lobotomy, Last Night on Earth, and Last of the American Girls.

A couple years back when I rediscovered American Idiot I skipped pretty much all the singles. Now I listen to that baby all the way through most of the time.

on 39/Smooth it used to be Rest, but now I really like that song. Pretty haunting melody/lyrics in my opinion.

on Nimrod it was King For A Day.

On Warning it was Warning, Waiting, and Minority, just because I overplayed the songs for myself before I bought the whole album. Now its a 100% listen every time. And Fashion Victim, it was the only song that didn't immediately click. Now I love it. Great rhythm/chord progression/arrangement.

Don't Wanna Fall in Love and Espionage.

I still skip Restless Heart Syndrome and I Want To Be Alone a lot. I'm also starting to skip Horseshoes and Handgrenades a bit as well.

Archived