New Exclusive video over at the Idiot Club now!

Homero

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aah cassettes; I still have a few boxes and an old Walkman in the garage, plus the equipment to record them. You have not lived until you experience listening to your favourite music in awful quality and then get the pleasure of needing to rewind, stop, play, rewind (ie guessing the start point) to replay a track. The mp3 generation do not know how lucky they are. :P Those were the days.. :lol:

The only competition for next single is 99 Revolutions :)

So yeah, I'm hoping for X-Kid!

I would add Missing You. Although X-Kid is my favourite track on Tre, I think Missing You would be a better choice and appeal to a broader demography. Both are great single material and true to 'what GD is about', so either Missing You or X-Kid as the next single for me.

Aah cassettes; I still have a few boxes and an old Walkman in the garage, plus the equipment to record them. You have not lived until you experience listening to your favourite music in awful quality and then get the pleasure of needing to rewind, stop, play, rewind (ie guessing the start point) to replay a track. The mp3 generation do not know how lucky they are. :P Those were the days.. :lol:

I think cassettes (and vinyls) are A LOT better than mp3, I still buy them on Ebay (only Green Day cassettes of course :P), and when I listen to them I pretend I'm living in 1994 :lol:

I still have a fully functional Walkman and a few old cassettes xD

But on topic, this video sucks. And I didn't even watch it till now.

I think cassettes (and vinyls) are A LOT better than mp3, I still buy them on Ebay (only Green Day cassettes of course :P), and when I listen to them I pretend I'm living in 1994 :lol:

Coming from a 70s and 80s perspective:

Vinyl yes, the problem with cassettes is/was the often poor quality of recording, playback and listening equipment.

Over the years, vinyl > cassette, vinyl > CD, vinyl >mp3, or to put it another way; vinyl in the home and the latest fad for music on the go. You gotta love retro.

The only competition for next single is 99 Revolutions (which was their initial choice for a single, as they said in an interview - though they said they wanted Fuck Time to be the single for Dos, and that hasn't happened). On the ¡Tre! album sticker it says that it features 'X-Kid, Brutal Love and 98 Revolutions' as far as I can remember. :)

So yeah, I'm hoping for X-Kid!

I don't think they will go for it.99 rev is politically charged.These kinds of songs dont work now.During american idiot, all that george bush shit was going on so songs like holiday and american idiot as singles made sence.no longer now.occupy wall street is long over.So we have to wait and see.I dont deny its a good song

Damnit, I got SO excited for this. I thought maybe it would be a new music video, or even a message from the band or something. Even when watching it I thought...something else will happen, surely? Disappointment really, but I guess it's better than nothing at all.

Is it just me or did they remove the video and the message on greenday.com?

I was just about to post that. GreenDay.com does weird things.

I think a cool video for X-Kid would be a bunch of footage from the Pre-Dookie days til now. Like home movies or rare live footage then at the end show the band taking a bow (like from BIAB or something).

Casettes look so much more cool than CDs.

I was going to say...Bastards of Young, anyone?
:runaround: *Kicks over speaker*

Archived