The Voice judges sing "Good Riddance" during finale

Fuzz

Don't know which one was Adam or Blake, but the one playing the guitar - his singing was bad !!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a surprise, I think they did a fairly good job, however I didn't really feel any emotions while listening to it.

Christina has a great voice, but she kept over-singing her lines, it's not a song that is supposed to be sung that way.

Lol C lo green tried so hard :P

Good to know adam and billie know each other.I really Like Maroon 5 a lot these days, especially their new songs.

I haven't seen on it, but hey the Idiot Club just posted an exclusive video, they just said that, what is it about I don't have an account :c

The video of the idiot club is just a cassette playing X-kid. During 4 minutes. It is pointless I was expecting one of the band members to show up. Maybe Billie... But no just a cassette playing for 4 minutes...

I liked it. You cannot compare to the original (of course!!!) but they tried to sing like the original instead of singing in their own way, which would change completely the song.

So, I think it's a good tribute to Green Day besides the fact that Good Riddance is always a perfect song for seasons finales :)

p.s.: and if you want to know what I meant when saying that they "tried to sing like the original instead of singing in their own way", watch this cover (that I personally hate although she's a portuguese singer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxtlafoyvI

I think it would have been good if Blake, Cee-lo, Christina, and Adam didn't sing it. And Billie was on stage playing/singing. But maybe that's just me :P

But in all seriousness, I think Adam is the only person that sang the song half way decent. Putting a country twist on Green Day obviously does NOT work. Christina voice is too just over the top, and Cee-lo...I never understood how he became a singer :P

It was ok I guess.

The country guy made it sound country.

Cee Lo can't sing, he tried his best.

Christina was trying too hard.

Adam can do whatever the fuck he wants cause he's fine :wub:

I don't think they did as badly as everyone else here, but the reaction kinda reminds me how I felt watching that Across the Universe butchering by all the greats and Billie at the Grammys that time :lol: What a shit-show!

Love how they're singing it in Billie Joe's honour, even though it's a 'fuck off' song.

why is there a large zebra with glasses singing green day on a tv show? huh entertainment these days!

Meh. I thought the performance came across as extremely wooden, although clearly all the judges were trying to making it appear as passionate as possible.

Christina was the only one that sounded decent, in my opinion. They should've just left the whole song to her.

I watched the video. I liked the song choice. One, because its Green Day. 2, Its the season finale of their show. And it is a great closing song for any ceremoniously ending moment. Also I researched the Voice US and found out that Cee Lo Green & Christina will not be on the show for the next season, so that makes it an even greater song choice to sing with all 4 of them on stage. I liked their performance though, it was four very different artists coming together to sing a great song and as well sung by a singer (Billie Joe Armstrong) who is very different from the four of them.

Eh, I've heard better. Adam and Blake were okay I guess. Cee-Lo's voice with that song doesnt make sense. And Christina was overdoing the song.

I really wanna watch this version...

Oh and I think it was fine

This song was more about a final goodbye to each other rather than doing a cover of a Green Day song, properly.

I love C Loo, I loved Maroon 5, I don't dislike Christina at all, and I'm indifferent to the Alabama dude.

the voice was actually really good, it was pretty cool seeing all the different voices competing, so over all, I loved it :3

LOL @ people still not knowing what good riddance is about! If they knew they would never used it for funerals, graduations, movies etc or in this case the voice finale (I dont watch the voice so maybe its appropiate)

but i really liked that cover and ofcourse adam was the worst :happy: It was really cool for them to do this.

(I just realized this song came out 14 years ago! I feel so old even though I'm just 20 years old :lol:)

i was so happy to hear it.. i put the tv on the background while surfing the net and i kinda freaked out!

Archived