The Voice judges sing "Good Riddance" during finale

Fuzz

During tonight finale of 'The Voice' the judges sang "Good Riddance". Nice send-off on the season that Billie Joe participated in.

Did you guys watch it? Did they do the song justice?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen on it, but hey the Idiot Club just posted an exclusive video, they just said that, what is it about I don't have an account :c

I don't think it was horrible but not amazing either... I love that song so much that no matter who performs it I will always be a bit disappointed, I was just excited to hear them sing a Green day song :happy:

I saw it. It wasn't a bad cover at all, but I'm pretty sure most of you will hate it, as usual.

It was definitely random though, I was like wtf haha.

can someone please post a video? I can't see it here from India. and btw that idiot club video has xkid playing with a casette in the background.

It made me super sad. When they started playing those chords I was like, "Seriously?" I like to think it was meant to be somewhat of a tribute to Billie too.

Did they introduce it first as a "Green Day hit"? I read that they did, but I totally missed that.

Did they introduce it first as a "Green Day hit"? I read that they did, but I totally missed that.

Yes, they did. Billie wasn't mentioned, but I did sort of see it as a tribute to him.

Cee Lo kinda butchered his first line though "time grabs you by the wrist directs you where you go." Considering we've all heard this song a million gajillion times, it stands out more than it should :lol:

I think they did a pretty good job. I'm always surprised how much power voices like Christina's can put into such a simple song.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Teenage Lush" data-cid="5038870" data-time="1355893938"><p>

Xtina won't be back either, they're both taking a break. The 3rd season ended tonight though lol they'll be gone for the 4th season but yeah that's why they chose it.</p></blockquote>

Ahh it is the 3rd season I was hopin Lo was gonna win

Obviously wish Green Day was there, but hopefully within the next few months they can make the promotional rounds again. This finale would've been a good way to keep momentum since Tre still would've been coming out in January. Although in regards to The Voice, I'm intrigued how Billie got to know Adam Levine and what their relationship is like now. I did see that somewhere right?! I'm not the only person that saw something where Billie said he knew Adam for a while?!?

Did Cee Lo mess up the lyrics? Shouldn't it have been "where to go" instead of "where you go" or have I been listening and singing it wrong? I read that Cee Lo likes to change lyrics up though.

I actually like Blake singing it. I did NOT like Christina singing it. Maybe because she's like a power house singer and the song is sort of...mellow?

Adam's voice was amazing, and Blake sounded like a cast member of SNL making fun of the song. Christina was trying too hard, and Cee Lo... Don't ever sing this song again...

Not my favorite rendition, but surely better than any awful attempt I've ever made at singing this song while my friend played it on his guitar.

I can't stand three of the judges, so I think I'll skip that video. I did have it on for a few seconds, though. What the hell was that spiked football padding thing Cee Lo was wearing?! :lol:

Obviously wish Green Day was there, but hopefully within the next few months they can make the promotional rounds again. This finale would've been a good way to keep momentum since Tre still would've been coming out in January. Although in regards to The Voice, I'm intrigued how Billie got to know Adam Levine and what their relationship is like now. I did see that somewhere right?! I'm not the only person that saw something where Billie said he knew Adam for a while?!?

Yeah Billie said he's known Adam since Adam was 16.

Adam's voice was amazing, and Blake sounded like a cast member of SNL making fun of the song. Christina was trying too hard, and Cee Lo... Don't ever sing this song again...

Cee Lo has the weakest singing voice (live at least) of all of them, so I wasn't surprised he kind of blew. Poor Blake can't help sounding like a parody with that accent, and Christina is Christina :lol: I think Adam is the most genuine Green Day fan of the group, so I'm not surprised he did the most honest job of it. (He had followed Green Day on Twitter prior to Billie's joining the show)

And The Voice's official Twitter sent a shoutout to Billie

Hey @BJAofficial! Our coaches are performing @GreenDay's "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" right now. #VoiceFinale

Pretty much this!!

I'm always offended by Adam's awfulness, and fuck, Christina CAN sing, but I hate the way she does. So fucking loud and just BIG. She can't do subtle anymore and it's a shame. Blake and Cee Lo I could take it or leave it.

Even though I don't like Adam Levine I thought he was the best of them, Christina tried too hard, Cee-Lo didn't sing it well and the other guy - eh.

Archived