¡Tré! on Vinyl?

That Punk Kid.

Unlike ¡Uno! and ¡Dos!, I haven't seen anything of ¡Tré! on vinyl yet... Is it because of the original release date being in January, or the whole Drama Queen-Stray Heart change thing, or something else? I am really curious, because I'm getting a record player along with a bunch of Green Day vinyl for Christmas this year. I mostly just want to know what color the Hot Topic release will be, because I have yet to see it.

Unlike ¡Uno! and ¡Dos!, I haven't seen anything of ¡Tré! on vinyl yet... Is it because of the original release date being in January, or the whole Drama Queen-Stray Heart change thing, or something else? I am really curious, because I'm getting a record player along with a bunch of Green Day vinyl for Christmas this year. I mostly just want to know what color the Hot Topic release will be, because I have yet to see it.

Tre will be on vinyl. Amazon currently has it on preorder for $22.58. Its being released on January 15th, 2013, when Tre was actually supposed to be released. Drama queen and Stray Heart were for some reason swapped. As a result, all early pressings of iDos! have Drama Queen on them and the early pressings of Tre will have Stray Heart on them. Don't worry, Tre will be released on vinyl. Just not for another month. I think maybe they want to get more tre vinyl pressings made before releasing it on vinyl.

Not really sure why they decided to swap the two songs.

Seeing as your new, welcome to GDC. :)

Next time you have simple questions about Green Day like this one, be sure to post them here:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/90051-green-day-qa-thread/

Just saves up on all the forum clutter if everyone makes individual threads for simple questions like "Will Billie dye his hair blue again?" or whatever.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:

I just got Uno on pink and Dos on blue. Hoping for Tre on yellow. And fuck Hot Topic for being out of stock on those blue Insomniacs

Drama Queen was originally supposed to be on Dos. We all remember Green Day announcing that Drama Queen would be moved to Tre and Stray Heart to Dos. However, since it takes longer to press LPs than CDs, the LPs were already pressed (and probably shipped in some countries) by the time the switch was announced. Obviously not very many (if any) CDs had been pressed, as Reprise didn't mind fixing the tracklisting for the CDs.

If Tre was pressed far enough in advance to be affected by the track swap, it would have been in stores by December 11th along with the CD. There is no confirmation that Tre will include Stray Heart, this was speculated on Wikipedia (I have since removed this speculation), but there's really nothing that suggests one way or another.

Either they include Stray Heart on Tre and we get all the songs, but then they're screwed up 2 albums instead of just one.

On the other hand, they could correctly include Drama Queen on Tre and perhaps include a 7" single of Stray Heart with all copies of Tre, until they can get a corrected Dos pressing back in stores. If Reprise chooses this route, while it may cost a bit more, we will get all the songs and all albums would eventually be correct.

In the past, a label would correct mistakes like this at all cost. Not sure how stuff like this happens nowadays (because it just doesn't really happen anymore), but I personally don't think it's right to mess with Green Day's intended tracklisting just for the sake of saving a bit of money, when there are other viable alternatives.

The ¡Trè! does has Stray Heart on it...

This has been confirmed?

There's actually a picture/video out there either showing the track listing or with a video of a Tre LP playing Stray Heart?

Publicly no but I do business with WMG...

Alright then.

That really sucks.

I was hoping for either a Stray Heart 7" or a corrected Dos down the road.

Now we have 2 albums with incorrect tracks. :angry

Alright then.

That really sucks.

I was hoping for either a Stray Heart 7" or a corrected Dos down the road.

Now we have 2 albums with incorrect tracks. :angry

I'm sure if and when they do second pressings they'll correct them...

i found uno and dos on vinyl at FYE! They were $25 each! Shits expensive!!!

Yup. Cost me $100 to order all three trilogy albums on vinyl.

I've been able to get Uno and Dos for $17.99 on their respective release dates, they shot up to $25 shortly after :ermm:

Hopefully the same will go for Tre :lol:

HMV has all of Green Day's other single LPs for 2/$25 now

i found uno and dos on vinyl at FYE! They were $25 each! Shits expensive!!!

well as here in Brazil the LP's market is dead.. i had to buy some imported version of UNO and DOS on vinyl... each one costs me like $50...

so $25 isn't that expensive :P

• 2 weeks later...

I now have Nimrod and Dos on colored vinyl... Hoping for some 7" singles to release with Tre though....

I now have Nimrod and Dos on colored vinyl... Hoping for some 7" singles to release with Tre though....

It's just ¡Trè! Vinyl

Archived