What happened to Billie after Warning?

failure00

Something must have happened to Billie Joe after Warning and before American Idiot. His voice became so much higher and effeminate. For example, listen to pre American Idiot albums and interviews and then listen to later albums and interviews. He's almost like a totally different person. Normally, the older you get, the deeper your voice gets. However, it went the other way around. Also, it's weird because he was already in his late 20's when this happened. I've been listening to Green Day since 1994 so it was a shock to hear the difference 10 years later. Anybody else ever realize this? It's mostly noticable in interviews.

He had vocal lessons before American Idiot to expand his vocal range, I guess this may have affected his singing voice. That's the only reason I can think of.

And also, he dropped a lot of weight in between International Superhits and the Pop Disaster tour. I'd really like to know how he did that.

He had vocal lessons before American Idiot to expand his vocal range, I guess this may have affected his singing voice. That's the only reason I can think of.

I remember reading that. I hope he got his money back.

And also, he dropped a lot of weight in between International Superhits and the Pop Disaster tour. I'd really like to know how he did that.

Yeah, but even when he was a teenager and in his early 20's his voice was deeper.

Didn't we already have a thread for this a while ago?

Anyway, he had lessons and it probably affected the way he sung, as well as his range. I've taken a few singing lessons over time and it completely changed how I sing.

He worked harder, got in much better shape, vocal lessons.

All about the ambition man. He realized he and the band could be better and he worked for it, and look what happened. A fucking masterpiece and became a top 3 live act.

he can still sing the way he did in the 90's... just listen to when he sings old Green Day songs live now.

Didn't we already have a thread for this a while ago?

Anyway, he had lessons and it probably affected the way he sung, as well as his range. I've taken a few singing lessons over time and it completely changed how I sing.

But it's more noticable when he's talking. And I didn't know there was already a thread about this. I'd like to check it out.

But it's more noticable when he's talking. And I didn't know there was already a thread about this. I'd like to check it out.

I don't remember if there was or not but I think I saw it around. People were pretty much saying the same thing though. He had lessons, his technique changed, blah blah blah.

I don't think voice lessons would affect his normal talking voice so I'm not too sure about that.

Edit: Apologies. I don't think this question is worthy of a thread, but I'm sorry about the way I closed it.

Archived