¡Tré! chart performance

Requila

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then just buy it off iTunes or a record store when you get it.

Okay. Will you pay me 100€ to buy all their albums? Because that's what I'd have to pay for them. I hate digital copies. I find them useless, you pay but don't get the case to show it proudly on your shelf.

Oh god..the trilogy..it makes me fucking crazy. But it's not the music, which pisses me of (I love the songs). It's the society..like fucking always. You know, before the trilogy came out, everyone was saying "green day is soooooooooo mainstream". And now, no one knows about the trilogy. And every-fucking-one is still bitching. If they would make a record like Dookie, people wouldn't stop complaining too. So let's make the best out of these records and keep them as a little secret. It's some kind of cool, that the records are so "underground". Now, Green Day is everything..but they are not mainstream. I think that's good.

Just checked the UK charts and its no31, which is rather disappointing, as I would consider Tre! to be the best of the trilogy. I haven't even seen any adverts at all on TV, think I saw 1 for UNO!, the week it was released, none for Dos! Or Tre! The fact that The Forgotten was not actually released as a single from twilight soundtrack seemed to make that one more popular initially on iTunes , but may not have lead to much increase in the actual album sales, which is a shame. Also the fact that none of the singles have been released on cd in the UK (ie no extra tracks etc), may also not be helping, as those people intending to buy the albums will probably just have waited on their release (or got an illegal download, till the album(s) came out).

As for those who think only one album of the best songs should have been released, I don't see how that would have worked, as it seems everyone has different opinions on what are the best tracks. It might have been a better idea to have a double or triple album with all the songs, but Warner probably thought they could get more money with three separate albums.

And I prefer the way Billie's vocals sound now, as opposed to their original albums, whether that is purely down to his voice/vocal technique improving and/or "additional effects" used, I don't really care, but I can't

really see him using auto tune.

Edit: just checked the 'rock album' charts, and Tre! Is no 2, Dos! Is no 5, and Uno! Is no 6, which sounds a lot better. (And American Idiot is no 33).

There's always a possibility that the albums could shoot back up the charts once the band are back on the scene and some promotion kicks in. The trilogy kicks ass (despite Nightlife) and they'll make sure people know how gd it is when they're back.

Oh god..the trilogy..it makes me fucking crazy. But it's not the music, which pisses me of (I love the songs). It's the society..like fucking always. You know, before the trilogy came out, everyone was saying "green day is soooooooooo mainstream". And now, no one knows about the trilogy. And every-fucking-one is still bitching. If they would make a record like Dookie, people wouldn't stop complaining too. So let's make the best out of these records and keep them as a little secret. It's some kind of cool, that the records are so "underground". Now, Green Day is everything..but they are not mainstream. I think that's good.

To me ¡Uno! is pretty mainstream. ¡Dos! isn't imo and idk what to think about ¡Tré!.

To me ¡Uno! is pretty mainstream. ¡Dos! isn't imo and idk what to think about ¡Tré!.

Uno? mhm..I don't know. Kill The DJ, Let Yourself Go, Angel Blue, Troublemaker, Loss of Control and Nuclear Family? Not very mainstream, in my opinion.

Uno? mhm..I don't know. Kill The DJ, Let Yourself Go, Angel Blue, Troublemaker, Loss of Control and Nuclear Family? Not very mainstream, in my opinion.

Well yeah you do have a point there. I was thinking more about Carpe Diem and Oh Love. I like them though.

Well yeah you do have a point there. I was thinking more about Carpe Diem and Oh Love. I like them though.

Well, Oh Love for example is pure mainstream, that's right..but the style of the recording makes it "non-mainstream"

Well, I really hope the sales get better with their come back, maybe they'll do a kick ass show and everybody will knows about it, or a worldwide tour... I don't know.

I only know that they will need to work very hard, if they want a good place on the Selling Charts.

Oh, and if someone calls Green Day as "that man's band who had a meltdown on iHeartRadio" I will make sure to punch he or she on the face! :dry:

(Sorry for my bad english, I hope the main idea is understandable)

"but they are not mainstream. I think that's good."

oh, so people are happy now just because Green Day don't sell as many albums?!

i'm so fucking tired of this mainstream bullshit talk everywhere. so fucking selfish. i'd rather see Green Day successfull than not, because to be honest, i think they want their music to sell alot.

They probably will sell more when they go on tour, though.. so that's good

"Green Day is at Warning obscurity right now."

Whoever said that, and whoever agrees with that statement for that matter, is a complete and utter jackass, pun intended.

During the Warning era, Green Day was not playing arenas and was lucky to sell out a freaking theater. It took a tour with Blink-182 to (mildly) put them back out there.

I would like to remind all of you that Green Day sold out North American arenas in about 5 minutes this currently postponed tour, and if they were as obscure as people are putting them then they would not have gotten big magazines and music services like Rolling Stone, NME, and iHeartRadio to promote and stream their albums. An obscure band would not have sold out huge venues on their last 2 tours, and an"obscure band" would not have been able to pull off the major show that was the Reading Festival surprise, which had almost half the festivals attendees rocking the stage for an extended 45 minute set. And if the band was so obscure, than mainstream press would not have put so much attention to the iHeart incident.

Everyone is in a negative state of mind because the band isn't out there promoting, which is understandable, but its clouding basic rationality. The band, at the moment, cannot promote and tour, but they're dealing with that and we need to do that as well, since we're supposed to be fans. They are still a big band at the end of the day, and It bothers me that people are placing so much emphasis on popularity anyway. Seriously people, be a little patient, I don't like it either, what was supposed to be my first Green Day show got cancelled, but I cannot wait to see a reinvigorated band hit the stage when they inevitably come back to the Bay Area. And we just got 37 fucking songs, try to enjoy them a little bit!

I fail to see how selling 1 million albums between September an December is 'failing' on any scale, even if you're gonna be stupid and compare Green Day's future accomplishments to American Idiot and Dookie.

However, I do agree with the discussion that Green Day *does* care about its success and popularity. When Mike says in Quatro "I get the same feeling with these albums that I got with Dookie and American Idiot," well that hit me hard, because it almost sounded like he was trying to convince himself and his audience that these are as worthy of success. And FWIW, although I do believe Green Day had a special excited feeling going into the making of the AI songs, I don't think they had that necessarily with the Dookie songs which simply had many years to grow and develop before being recorded by Reprise.

"but they are not mainstream. I think that's good."

oh, so people are happy now just because Green Day don't sell as many albums?!

i'm so fucking tired of this mainstream bullshit talk everywhere. so fucking selfish. i'd rather see Green Day successfull than not, because to be honest, i think they want their music to sell alot.

They probably will sell more when they go on tour, though.. so that's good

You know, that wasn't meant that serious. And please don't think I am one of that Mainstream Bitches. I just wanted to talk about that. Back in 2009, I started listenning to Green Day and everything I read under there songs on youtube was "they are so mainstream" so I think, I am always gonna think about that.

Well, Oh Love for example is pure mainstream, that's right..but the style of the recording makes it "non-mainstream"

Yeah, I get you. I agree. I think it's a shame that all their work isn't as successful as expected. The trilogy should have broken the charts. I hope when they're back Green Day seels lots of copies simple because they deserve it.

Green Day has always been mainstream. They're a POP act. Not one single thing about them is hardcore. Not one. They are incredibly accessible, almost as much as Maroon 5. And people have been bitching about this trilogy because it perfectly displays the mileage on Green Day. Their sound is wearing thin, sure before the trilogy this is what people said they wanted, a stripped down old school Green Day, but this clearly wasn't their intention. The new songs don't have the same spark as oldies. They sound like more of a Green Day cover band than Green Day themselves. They're trying too hard to be young, too hard to be who they were, which makes a song like X-Kid extremelly ironic. They sound washed up to be honest, and immature, but not immature like they were. 90s Green Day was immature in a funny and natural way, this Green Day's immaturity is more along the lines of sad and forced. It's like they're not even putting any effort into their music, they'll slap anything on an album. All killer no filler my ass, if Green Day truly believe that then they must have some bloated egos. This is my opinion of course. Of course.

Green Day has always been mainstream. They're a POP act. Not one single thing about them is hardcore. Not one. They are incredibly accessible, almost as much as Maroon 5. And people have been bitching about this trilogy because it perfectly displays the mileage on Green Day. Their sound is wearing thin, sure before the trilogy this is what people said they wanted, a stripped down old school Green Day, but this clearly wasn't their intention. The new songs don't have the same spark as oldies. They sound like more of a Green Day cover band than Green Day themselves. They're trying too hard to be young, too hard to be who they were, which makes a song like X-Kid extremelly ironic. They sound washed up to be honest, and immature, but not immature like they were. 90s Green Day was immature in a funny and natural way, this Green Day's immaturity is more along the lines of sad and forced. It's like they're not even putting any effort into their music, they'll slap anything on an album. All killer no filler my ass, if Green Day truly believe that then they must have some bloated egos. This is my opinion of course. Of course.

Ok. Whatever you say. I won't even answer properly because you're obviously just trolling.

Ok. Whatever you say. I won't even answer properly because you're obviously just trolling.

Trolling? Yeah totally. I'm more of a ketchup man than mayo.

P.S. If you're not going to answer probably, then why bother responding? It doesn't make any sense. Sorry for my brutal honesty. I had to say what was probably in the back of some people's minds. In the clutter, probably creating a tumor because it's been repressed so much.

P.S.S. I like pie.

P.S.S.S But not pecan, I love banana cream however.

B-A-N-A-N-A. Its bananas!

I'm kind of surprised that all three of the new albums are still in the top 100. Tre at the moment is 31 on the UK top 100, Dos is 75 and Uno is 94 which is seems very good with the lack of promotion.

I'm kind of surprised that all three of the new albums are still in the top 100. Tre at the moment is 31 on the UK top 100, Dos is 75 and Uno is 94 which is seems very good with the lack of promotion.

Yeah! I'm really curious to know how good they would have done with some good promotion!

Daah..I don't really wanna answer you..but I think I have to.

Well, it's your opinion.

Archived