¡Tré! chart performance

Requila

You know what? Fuck the chart performance. We don't need them, 'cause we know what great music is. And if all the fools out there think, Chris Brown and the other fuckers are better than Green Day..just fuck them. Look at Sum 41 and there newest record Screaming Bloody Murder. The chart performance is "bad" but the music is just fucking awesome. Even Rise Against's Endgame wasn't doing that well on the charts. Enema of the State (Blink 182) wasn't doing good on the charts too. All this bands make great music. And chart performance, beeing played in the radio and stuff does'nt matter.

Endgame actually was their first #1 album in Germany :happy: But you're absolutely right, I think what's more important for bands nowadays is the shows they play and that people still come to see them and well, that's obviously the case with them playing stadiums!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Endgame actually was their first #1 album in Germany :happy: But you're absolutely right, I think what's more important for bands nowadays is the shows they play and that people still come to see them and well, that's obviously the case with them playing stadiums!

yeha..bad example, but you got what I mean :D

I think it goes without saying that Tre is not gonna do well in week one. What I'm curious to see is the drop-off of Tre in subsequent weeks, this one in particular. Maybe the fact that all three albums are out now, combined with last-minute shoppers, maybe that will help. Maybe people will spend their gift cards they get for Christmas on the set?

I definitely think that the trilogy have a lot more playable songs than Warning does. Can anyone really see them playing BS&B or Misery. Whereas the trilogy has some seriously epic anthems that are begging for a stadium to be played at.

THey still play BS&B. Just that Billie does in the acoustic part. But they played it full band at Goat Island and I love it. THat's why I love that Goat Island concert. Many good songs played. Many Warning songs. Warning is definitely a lost gem.

All you ever talk about is the evolution of music. Honestly, the synth and techno stuff you talk about has been around since the 80s. I don't think you quite understand what indie is, either. What you said fits in the definition of a sub genre it, but that's not what it strictly is. Last time I checked, strictly synthetic music is not the popular direction of rock right now, either. Not when folk rock bands like Mumford & Sons are ruling the charts. Also, alienation, paranoia, working class, and living for today are all covered in songs in the trilogy in songs like Loss of Control, Lazy Bones, 99 Revolutions, and Carpe Diem, just to name a few. I think you're looking at Dead Mau5, Skrillex, and whatnot and thinking that's the general direction of music. Maybe for people who like that sorta thing, yeah. But there is still an overwhelming number of people who actually like instruments. And if music is everything and anything, is that really music or just sound? I'm going to disagree with you on Green Day losing relevancy. In case you hadn't noticed, their lead singer is in rehab. He is not promoting the albums. This is not caused by some dramatic drop in popularity or by the quality of the music in the trilogy. This is caused by a lack of general public knowledge about the trilogy because the band that wrote the music cannot get the word out about it.

Indie music, as in rock music that doesn't focus as much on guitar, drums and bass.

More layered and experimental. Pumped Up Kicks, We Are Young, Some Nights, Somebody I Used To Know, those aren't typical rock songs, they have more to them than just old school rock. Keyboards, acoustics, filters, further background instrument. A lot of the rock music you hear on rock stations come from indie bands, a lot does sound like songs that could come from the 80s (Midnight City, Take A Walk, some of the new Killers songs). Most aren't really interested in pop punk anymore, just look at the way underperforming Neighborhoods. I haven't heard any songs from that album on the radio, and they even added some synths and keyboards to it. That's why I said Green Day needs to make drastic changes to their music, or pray for another pop punk resurgency. They've always stuck to their guns, throughtout every album in their career. People are getting burnt out on them. If you notice actually, music is becoming a lot more complex musically and lyrically, and it's starting to catch on. Artists like Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar are rising in popularity, and they're the 2 most critically acclaimed artists of the year. Lyrically and musically. And no I wasn't referncing Dead Mau5 or The Alchemist, I never mentioned industrial or electronica, synths don't have to be overpowering, they can be very subtle.

I Just feel sad reading these comments. Haven't u ppl read what Andres said

" . But let's remember what's actually important - we have new music to listen to and explore, and whether it sells a thousand copies or a million - it doesn't change how this new music will affect each of us individually.. "

& also

"Green Day has given us 37 songs to let sink into our soul. They will be the soundtrack to parts of our lives, and in ten years we'll hear a song come on from this trilogy and it will remind us of something special yet to come. That's the power of music, and I'm glad we have over 120 minutes of new music to experience that with."

Yeah, but most of that 120 minutes of music I personally felt was regurgitated and repackaged with a smirk. I've heard songs that sound a tiny bit similar to each other in other artists discography, but NEVER as much as I had with this trilogy, where it seemed like almost.every other song had a melody or riff taken straight from another song, even songs on the trilogy itself sounded alike and had similar riffs. I had doubts about this trilogy and they never faded away. Most of the songs sound the same with little to nothing to make them distinctive or have their own personality, and on top of that most of the lyrics are grimance inducing.

There was nothing on this album that I felt an average pop punk band couldn't do.

Btw this is my personal opinion. So, suck it. I just set up my shield baby.

So many factors contributed to Dos and Tre flopping--but that doesn't mean this band is irrelevant, or at Warning-era obscurity levels.

Some of my thoughts, on this trilogy, in no particular order:

1) This absolutely, positively should have been a foxboro hot tub project. They could have released it packaged together as ONE album, instead of separately as three. Album sales for triple albums count three times, so they probably would have debuted on the charts with a gold record, selling 200k. People would be curious-- they would know it was green day album, they would buy it knowing it was a fun, party record, NOT a political rock opera, and it would have done great, commercially, and on the radio. Hell, it could have brought foxboro hot tubs mainstream. Imagine them doing a nation-wide tour, playing songs from uno, dos, tre, and stop drop and roll, in either smaller arenas or clubs? THATS how these albums should have been promoted.

That would have been so great! I don't know if it would sell quite that well, but boy would that tour be fun.

The truth of the matter is, you have no way of knowing whether they could have been more successful if they released one album. My guess is that it will enter the charts strongly only to fade into obsecurity. But whats done is done. They released three albums. Just enjoy them, will you.

Another big problem is that many pseudo fans are downloading Green Day's illegally! This is really bad!!!

Another big problem is that many pseudo fans are downloading Green Day's illegally! This is really bad!!!

I don't think someone's a pseudo fan for downloading illegaly. I have all of Green Day's albums before the trilogy illegaly downloaded and I don't consider myseld a false fan.

I don't think someone's a pseudo fan for downloading illegaly. I have all of Green Day's albums before the trilogy illegaly downloaded and I don't consider myseld a false fan.

I don't see how anyone can consider themselves a fan without actually supporting the band... there's more to it than just liking their music.

You like their music so I assume you want more of it, yet their not getting your money and you're certainly not helping the albums chart.

Obviously no one person means anything, but there are no doubt tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of kids across North America with the same mentality, which is a problem.

But you've bought the trilogy albums, that's good :D

My friends are all like this and it drives me nuts:

"Oh! I'm a huge [insert Band Here] fan!"

"Cool! What CDs/LPs do you have"

"[Laugh], oh I don't actually buy the albums :lol:"

"I see... :mad:"

I don't see how anyone can consider themselves a fan without actually supporting the band... there's more to it than just liking their music.

You like their music so I assume you want more of it, yet their not getting your money and you're certainly not helping the albums chart.

Obviously no one person means anything, but there are no doubt tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of kids across North America with the same mentality, which is a problem.

Yea dude I know exactly what you mean. What Green Day intended is that after they leak the albums, people will wanna buy them. But that's exactly the problem. Too many people say "Well I can hear it why sould I pay for it?"...

But still, if you do buy the album at some point (even after an illegal download) I think it's just fine.

As long as you care and support the band you're a fan. But people shouldn't call themselves fans just for liking the music..

I think it is funny people still think that bands on major record labels make any money off album sales. Bands make the majority of their funds through merch and ticket sales from tours.

I wish green day would just pull a NOFX already. They have a bad ass studio, adeline records, and they could make and release music without the treatment of a major record label. They are big enough now they could just live off of touring and make 100% return on any music that was sold. Green Day doesn't care if you buy these albums or not, what they do care about is people coming to concerts. They didn't release these albums to create a new fan base, they released 37 songs for themselves, and if you happen to enjoy any of it then enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, then go listen to something you enjoy. Why waste your life complaining that Green Day didn't make the album YOU wanted? Green Day no longer needs commercial success, and personally I say the sooner they move onto DIY the better. We could have a new albums that are free of the burden of commercial success, and they could spend more time doing what they love most and do best... rocking the hell out of every stage they grace.

Just my opinion.

I became a fan in February this year so I think it's understandable that I don't have their albums. And I'm not American, I'm European. But yeah, I agree that if you're a fan you should support them by buying the albums, but I don't think anyone is a false fan for that. Being a fan is liking their music. And not everyone is of the same opinion, so some (not me) might think buying music is stupid if you can just download it for free.

Green Day needs to wake the fuck up and realize that nobody wants to hear them play piano ballads and songs with little to no distortion. They got lucky with Good Riddance. Stop trying to recapture that lightning in a bottle. And Billie needs to stop with the pro tools and that auto tune shit.

That's what I was thinking.

They do this a lot.. trying to recapture what was very popular. The same could be said with American Idiot, they tried to do another American Idiot with 21st Century Breakdown. GD got lucky with Good Riddance and American Idiot. Regarding the piano ballads they're a bit blah I like The Forgotten it's alright, I guess. But when you're at a concert you wanna jump around (like I do to their old stuff) hearing piano ballads brings down the mood.

When it comes to auto-tuning I have NO idea why they do this. It's been worse after 21st Century Breakdown. Billie's auto-tuned voice grates on my nerves, I just don't like it. I want the raw sound from their earlier stuff.

Green Day needs to wake the fuck up and realize that nobody wants to hear them play piano ballads and songs with little to no distortion. They got lucky with Good Riddance. Stop trying to recapture that lightning in a bottle. And Billie needs to stop with the pro tools and that auto tune shit.

I don't like the way you said it, but I agree with the main idea. I don't know why they correct the pitch, Billie's voice is good as it is. And yeah, I'd rather have energic songs like Little Boy Named Train, but I do like ballads. But we already have ¡Dos! to jump. But yeah, I like much more their 90s sound.

That's so sad...

It's actually pretty good considering there was absolutely no promotion (except for the Tre themed converse shoes lol).

The only way you can illegaly download an album and still be a true fan is not being able to wait for the release date and downloading the leak when you planed on or have already preordered the album.

The only way you can illegaly download an album and still be a true fan is not being able to wait for the release date and downloading the leak when you planed on or have already preordered the album.

Sorry ok I was too busy not knowing Green Day or even not existing when all those albums came out

I don't think that they need a good chart performance. There are so many good bands in the world whose albums don't premier #1 in any charts. And I think the GD-Fanbase is pretty huge, the chart perfomance isn't that bad and I think it's good that they loose a bit of their popularity, because popularity means pressure.

All you people saying you are not "true" fan if you download their music illegally go fuck yourselves.Who are you to judge if I am a fan of green day or not?

Until I was 17 I think I had no money and I hadn't bought any official cd.A friend of mine downloaded them all for me cause I had no internet either.But what because I didn't give them money that means they didn't change my life?Their music was the best thing I had growing up and guess what?I never payed for it back then.

So try to find another way make your little butts feel special and cut the crap about "buying records makes me a true fan!omg!"

All you people saying you are not "true" fan if you download their music illegally go fuck yourselves.Who are you to judge if I am a fan of green day or not?

Since I was 17 I think I had no money and I hadn't bought any official cd.A friend of mine downloaded them all for me cause I had no internet either.But what because I didn't give them money that means they didn't change my life?Their music was the best thing I had growing up and guess what?I never payed for it back then.

So try to find another way make your little butts feel special and cut the crap about "buying records makes me a true fan!omg!"

Indeed. If you need something to lay on to think you're better, pick a better excuse.

Sorry ok I was too busy not knowing Green Day or even not existing when all those albums came out

Then just buy it off iTunes or a record store when you get it.

Archived