¡Tré! chart performance

Requila

We've had this topic for ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! , so here we go for ¡Tré! . You can discuss the chart positions of the album here.

Netherlands #30

(Dos #13, Uno #8, 21st CB #4)

Belgium (Flanders): #43

(Dos #24, Uno #12, 21st CB #2)

Belgium (Wallonia): #81

(Dos #49, Uno # 15)

Ireland: #37

(Dos #11, Uno #3, 21st CB #2)

Other countries will follow different days next week.
The positive thing is that in Belgium all 3 albums are currently in the top-100 (Tré #43, Dos #52, Uno #85), that's kind of an accomplishment I guess :P

UK: #31
(Dos #10, Uno #2)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day has two options

Promote the hell out of iDos! and iTre!, release more singles and stage more appearences, or they better hope and pray whatever single they release on their next album becomes a hit, otherwise they'll fade to obscurity. They're in Warning levels right now.

The question here is: all the promotion was postponed due to Billie Joe's health which is obviously a priority. So, I really hope he gets better soon and that the triology has the deserved success. :)

The question here is: all the promotion was postponed due to Billie Joe's health which is obviously a priority. So, I really hope he gets better soon and that the triology has the deserved success. :)

i may be mistaken, but i didnt read any question in this statement.

i may be mistaken, but i didnt read any question in this statement.

When I said "the question is" I meant "the point/the problem"...

Sorry if english is not my first language. I did a word-by-word translation but I think at least you could understand what I meant.

Promote the hell out of iDos! and iTre!, release more singles and stage more appearences, or they better hope and pray whatever single they release on their next album becomes a hit, otherwise they'll fade to obscurity. They're in Warning levels right now.

Unfortunately I'm not sure they'll get the choice. If I were Warner I don't think I'd go all out on two albums that haven't debuted very well or spawned much radio play with their respective singles. I would actually argue they're below warning right now because with warning they still got minority which was pretty prevalent on the radio. With the trilogy they've had oh love. It was sort of a minor hit I guess but not much more. It must be frustrating for them because I'm not sure anyone understands the exact

Science behind a hit single but they've been so successful in the past. They're probably shocked.

Unfortunately I'm not sure they'll get the choice. If I were Warner I don't think I'd go all out on two albums that haven't debuted very well or spawned much radio play with their respective singles. I would actually argue they're below warning right now because with warning they still got minority which was pretty prevalent on the radio. With the trilogy they've had oh love. It was sort of a minor hit I guess but not much more. It must be frustrating for them because I'm not sure anyone understands the exact

Science behind a hit single but they've been so successful in the past. They're probably shocked.

I honestly don't believe they care about hit singles or whatever.

Well I find it hard to believe they don't take pride in their work being played and enjoyed by more people. I know they tend to play the aloof card when asked but I really do think they care if their product is well received or not. Frankly I'd be a little offended if they didn't.

Of course they do. Even setting aside the professional implications, it's a pride thing. Hell, successful singles have been the cornerstone of their setlists for years.

And that's the one thing that worries me about the trilogy's relative lack of success. As happened with Warning, will we eventually see these songs all-but disappear from the regular setlist? You have to think it's a real possibility, and what a fucking shame that would be. Say what you will, but a bunch of these songs deserve to be played for years to come.

Which one of the 37 is going to be the new Minority?

Its alla bout promotoin. oh love isnt played on the radio because its such a good song... its just because "back then" when uno was about to be released, green day was around and promotion was made so the song was "there". but with no green day and no promotion, nobody even knows the songs

Yeah right because radio now cares about rock singles in general...

And yeah since the band can't shoot any music videos or play live on tv and stuff there is no chance for single to succeed.That's why Warner hasn't released anything from Tre yet.They wait for billie to be back again.

Of course they do. Even setting aside the professional implications, it's a pride thing. Hell, successful singles have been the cornerstone of their setlists for years.

And that's the one thing that worries me about the trilogy's relative lack of success. As happened with Warning, will we eventually see these songs all-but disappear from the regular setlist? You have to think it's a real possibility, and what a fucking shame that would be. Say what you will, but a bunch of these songs deserve to be played for years to come.

The difference between Warning and the trilogy is that people were aware of Warning, most just didn't like it, while with the trilogy, most aren't aware of its existence. I believe songs from the trilogy will be played for years to come. Stray Heart, Let Yourself Go, Missing You, there's so many to choose from. With Warning, there's nothing that I could imagine being played live.

The difference between Warning and the trilogy is that people were aware of Warning, most just didn't like it. I personally wouldn't want many songs being played live off of Warning anyways. I believe songs from the trilogy will be played for years to come. Stray Heart, Let Yourself Go, Missing You, there's so many to choose from.

How do you determine whether or not people were 'aware' of it, if both Warning and the trilogy sold equally poorly? Warning at least had critical acclaim going for it, despite the poor sales. The trilogy has neither the sales nor reviews, so why do you think the band will be kinder to it than they were to a warmly received predecessor?

How do you determine whether or not people were 'aware' of it, if both Warning and the trilogy sold equally poorly? Warning at least had critical acclaim going for it, despite the poor sales. The trilogy has neither the sales nor reviews, so why do you think the band will be kinder to it than they were to a warmly received predecessor?

I'm pretty sure there was way more promotion going for Warning, than it was for the trilogy

Clearly this is not Warning levels. They could promote during the Warning era and it still did poorly. The band themselves can't promote during this era. Dos debuted at number three world wide after One Direction and Taylor Swift. Clearly that is not "fading into obscurity." The day after it came out Tre was number four on the US iTunes charts. Clearly that is not obscurity. So what if it does badly in a few countries? Most people, the general public, don't even know about the trilogy because the band can't be out there doing their thing. My guess is that they'll come out and promote Dos and Tre heavily once they're back out there playing shows and talk shows and award shows and whatnot.

I simply can't get over the fact that The Forgotten is flopping.

I don't get why everyone is saying that. It wasn't even Green Day's single. It was just a song on Breaking Dawn's soundtrack that was during the credits after most people had left the theater. It wasn't a special release for radio or anything. There haven't even been any real radio singles for Dos and Tre. Stray Heart doesn't even count. really. It wasn't on any mainstream radio stations; the only place I heard it was on an XM station or two.

I'd be trully ashamed that sales affect Green Day's setlists so much. Warning is a damn good album, my favorite album before the trilogy (I still can't ubicate Uno, Dos and Tré in my ranking :lol:). I'd really love some Warning played. And I really want the trilogy to be played often. It's a real shame to see Warning that underrated because they play almost no Warning at all, not even in the concerts from the Warning tour apart from Goat Island. I really think songs like Warning, Jackass, Castaway or Deadbeat Holiday deserve a spot in their setlists. Being that the trilogy consists of three albums, it would be wasting way too many songs if they didn't play them live. I think there are A LOT of songs I want to be played often: Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Fuck Time, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Lazy Bones, Wild One, Makeout Party, Stray Heart, Lady Cobra, Wow! That's Loud, Amy, Brutal Love, Missing You, 8th Ave Serenade, X-Kid, A Little Boy Named Train, Amanda, Walk Away, Dirty Rotten Bastards, 99 Revolutions and The Forgotten. Also Nightlife, but won't happen.

Well, I didn't say I didn't understand it. But it's such a beautiful song and it should be a hit. It has precious lyrics and the strings add so much to the whole thing...

I think their popularity is very important to them.

Relevancy, they always want to be young and popularity rejuvantes them.

They make extremelly accessible music, so they care somewhat about what people think, by trying to reach as wide an audience as possible. That whole "I don't care what people think, I do whatever the fuck I want" is a tacked on mentality. It doesn't make Green Day unique or stick out from the crowd. I know a lot of bands that REALLY don't care what others think about their music and are prone to alienating others. The only way Green Day has alienated people is through their image, not their music. They haven't taken many risks musically. The trilogy is a risk, but not musically, just the idea of it. They've always played it safe and have always wanted their music to be liked by as many people as possible. They're an average band as this point when you take into account a lot of their peers, and the recent flush of indie popularity. If they want to stay revelant and be a above average band they're gonna need to make some drastic decisions musically, otherwise they'll become faded, washed up, and redundant. A one trick monkey.

I definitely think that the trilogy have a lot more playable songs than Warning does. Can anyone really see them playing BS&B or Misery. Whereas the trilogy has some seriously epic anthems that are begging for a stadium to be played at.

Clearly this is not Warning levels. They could promote during the Warning era and it still did poorly. The band themselves can't promote during this era. Dos debuted at number three world wide after One Direction and Taylor Swift. Clearly that is not "fading into obscurity." The day after it came out Tre was number four on the US iTunes charts. Clearly that is not obscurity. So what if it does badly in a few countries? Most people, the general public, don't even know about the trilogy because the band can't be out there doing their thing. My guess is that they'll come out and promote Dos and Tre heavily once they're back out there playing shows and talk shows and award shows and whatnot.

They are at Warning level obscurity. They released two other singles besides Oh Love for iUno!, one of them was played live during a big award show (LYG), and both singles barley made a dent in the charts. People aren't interested in simple pop punk anymore, just listen to the radio. Rock music is becoming more complex and intricate, more layered. Indie is rising to the top, electronic rock, symphonic rock. Keyboards, synths, strings etc. Old rock is fading, times are moving to the next progression, the next evolution of music. Music that reflects the times. Alienation, paranoia, working class, living for today etc. Music is going beyond simple instruments, now it's something more, everything and anything. Green Day doesn't fit into that, hence they are losing revelancy.

Green Day needs to wake the fuck up and realize that nobody wants to hear them play piano ballads and songs with little to no distortion. They got lucky with Good Riddance. Stop trying to recapture that lightning in a bottle. And Billie needs to stop with the pro tools and that auto tune shit.

Archived