Unbelievable price on Billie's new signature guitar!

Jet Taman

Not trying to spam or anything, but I just wanted to share this with everybody who might want to put Billie's new double cutaway Gibson on their Christmas list. I"ve been searching all over for the best price and haven't been able to find anything less than $1299 until I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BSGXZS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Grab it while you can! Who knows how long it will last!!!!!

I bought it today!!! It completes my collection!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to guitars, so excuse this question, but BJ himself never used this guitar right? He just had a say in how it was made?

I can't see why anybody would pay that much money for a guitar unless he actually played it.

I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to guitars, so excuse this question, but BJ himself never used this guitar right? He just had a say in how it was made?

I can't see why anybody would pay that much money for a guitar unless he actually played it.

Because it'll have the same sound as his guitar, right? Im no expert either

Quality instruments regularly go for more than this. I'm not saying all Gibsons are fairly priced, and there are plenty of guitars at sub-$500 prices that can be as good or better as the top of the line stuff, but in general, you can hear and feel the difference between a $300 guitar and a $1,000 guitar.

This is a good price. I kinda want it.

Also on Musician's Friend at this price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-billie-joe-armstrong-signature-les-paul-junior-double-cutaway-electric-guitar

Because it'll have the same sound as his guitar, right? Im no expert either

It just means it's the exact same model as the one he plays, meaning it's built identically. So yes, if you use this guitar with the sort of amp Billie uses, you will be able to get almost the perfect Green Day tone :)

I wonder how long it will be at this price for. I need to save up a little more money before I actually go through with this.

I have a bad feeling that it might only be for today though.

It just means it's the exact same model as the one he plays, meaning it's built identically. So yes, if you use this guitar with the sort of amp Billie uses, you will be able to get almost the perfect Green Day tone :)

No. If you use the same guitar and the same amp setup (good luck finding thousands of dollars to pay for that), you will get a tone close to Green Day. So much of guitar tone is how the guitarist plays, how they use their fingers, how they strum, and that's a lot harder to imitate.

Wow! That's such a fucking bargain! I'd highly advise anone with the money to get this, that's a ridiculously good price! :D

Good price :)

Ohh and if you feel like smashing it up .... It takes 3 hits to the ground to break it :lol:

holy crap, nice!!! I played that one and loved it.

unfortunately i don't want a signature guitar... it makes me feel kind of lame, lol.

Ugh. Very tempted. It's right at that price point where it's do-able, but then feel guilty for buying it. If it was like $500, it would be a no-brainer.

shipping is ruining my life.

did you look at the musician's friend link alex posted? (it might be different shipping than amazon)

did you look at the musician's friend link alex posted? (it might be different shipping than amazon)

Yeah, I did. that was too damn expensive, and amazon couldn't do it at all apparently.

No. If you use the same guitar and the same amp setup (good luck finding thousands of dollars to pay for that), you will get a tone close to Green Day. So much of guitar tone is how the guitarist plays, how they use their fingers, how they strum, and that's a lot harder to imitate.

That's why I said "almost" :)

Archived